Crossovers 7,371 members · 10,957 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

It has come to my attention that there is a lack of Norse mythology crossovers. For those who don't know, the Norse were the Vikings. Their mythology includes Odin, Thor, Valkyries, Valhalla, ETC. I think with the vast array of story's and legends there could be a couple interesting fics done. Just comment your thoughs on this! :twilightsmile:

One of the arcs of the "Stormfront" Ask blog involves Sleipnir, along with Frost Giants (i.e. what is still there in the Frozen North) being a major feature in another. That count?

There is always The Great Brony Migration It take a while to get to it but in a nutshell the Nors use to visit equestria before discord took controle and fucked up both our worlds.

Keep in mind that while there aren't many Norse Mythology fics, there are some Marvel Comic's Thor fics, which are basically the same thing with added... comic-ness.

695729 The story I am currently working on, "The forgotten prince", is actually partially based on Norse Mythology.

Though it is not a discriminate rip off of the Gesta Danorum or the Edda, some of the mythological names and the deities' personalities have inspired me throughout my first sketches of the main story.

Namely, and I will try not to spoil much, it portrays the events of the Ragnarök.

There's also my fic, an Avengers/MLP crossover.

http://www.fimfiction.net/story/53322/a-tale-of-two-worlds

Yeah, it's more Marvel than anything else, but the way it got started was when I learned that one of Mythical Loki's many transformations was a horse. That got me thinking: could I do a crossover this silly and make it seem believable? Well, hopefully I'm succeeding.

Well, I'm writing a crossover with the Marvel universe version of Thor.

Does that count?

One possible approach could be that while their material worlds are separate, Celestia and the Norse Gods have been in contact for millennia. That would also explain the similarities between pony and human architecture, there has been some cross-pollination and the deities of both worlds implementing each other's ideas. As for the story, impending Ragnarök is always a good start and with Equestria canonically having an entrance to Tartarus you can throw in the Greek Gods, too. As both religions existed in roughly the same time frame, this actually would work really well, maybe even a War in the Heavens between the Greek Gods and the Norse Gods and Celestia being worried that Equestria will also be pulled into the conflict, what with some of the gods of both pantheons being able to shapeshift and descend to the mortal world.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8