Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

So in case anyone here hasn't heard, Julian Gollop, one of the lead developers on the original Xcom, has gotten back into the developing business and is working on a spiritual successor to the classic Xcom. His latest game can be described as Xcom meets Lovecraft, meets Mad Max.

After a strange Alien virus/fungus infects and poisons Earth's oceans, Humanity is left trapped on land fighting for food and what fresh water remains, while deep beneath the sea, the infection mutates our sea creatures and sends them to attack the surviving Humans with startling intelligence. Our only hope now is the Phoenix Project, a group of Cells designed to come together after an apocalyptic event to give us a chance at rebuilding. I'm honestly not doing it any justice, you should look into it yourselves and see just how amazing it really is. :pinkiehappy:

The game is being crowdfunded and already hit its goal. It still has 20+ days left until its time limit ends, so now its about hitting the Stretch Goals, which offer Usable Vehicles in certain Tactical missions, and even a floating Base for Phoenix to use to establish operations at sea and be able to hit the enemy on their own turf.

Be sure to check it out below/discuss and lets see if we cant bring in another great strategy series to life. :yay:

Crowd Funding Site.

Stories/Lore of the setting on their main site.

TDR

neat

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

5950150 Yes it is, I especially love all the little Easter Eggs hidden about in the Lore for those who are familiar with Lovecraft. I hope this turns into its own series of games. Maybe in the next one we use all the new advanced tech to go to space and end up fighting the Migou on our colonies.

TDR

Okay that would be even better, blasted fungal bug... things....

:rainbowderp:

This totally just made my day. I just have to keep an eye on this!

Sneaky Breeze
Group Contributor

5950699 Its still in its early phases but what they have so far is already pretty impressive. ^_^

I'd heard about Phoenix Point; I wasn't aware I had the opportunity to throw money at it yet. Let me go fix that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7