Sad 2,625 members · 4,385 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

The setting is about 6-7 years in the future where the mane six all still technically live in Ponyville but their jobs or dreams keep them away most of the time. Well at least for Rarity, Rainbow and Twilight.

Applejack is still in town and so is Fluttershy but Ponyville is not the quaint little town it used to be. Ever since the crystal castle appeared, tourism has rose significantly and combined with Mayor Mare retiring and being replaced by Mayor Progress who has been pulling most of the funds into construction and development, Ponyville has become a small city.

The events of the story take place a few days before the anniversary party of when the mane six first met. Pinkie has been planning this for months but due to unavoidable circumstances, most of her friends cannot make in time for the party. This story will be about her coming to realize and accept they can't go back to happy old days as well as realizing when she needs to stop smiling and pretending everything's fine and just let her underlying feelings out sometimes. Which is the role Applejack is given since I feel the element of honesty would be very appropriate for this.

Thoughts? I have about 1000 words written out and I need someone to give me a critique of the style. I'm not completely sure if it works since it's third person from Pinkie' POV and I'm trying to keep a faltering sense of optimism but I have no idea if I'm doing it right.

Also, has a story like this been written before? I feel as though a sad fic starring Pinkie Pie would be written about a lot since you can go so deep into her as a character who is always so happy.

You know, most of the time, I would just skip right over these kinds of posts. But wow that premise sounds really good! Ive got a few things to do today but I'd definitely be willing to take a look. :twilightsmile:

Ok, thanks!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3