Spike's Greatest Works 853 members · 1,398 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

So, me and my GF, will not reveal who, watched Dawn of the Planet of the Apes. The movie was great, background was amazing, story made sense, and it showed a struggle between two of evolutions "victories" to see who would survive. So, she suggested a crossover of the MLP FiM and Rise of the Planet of the Apes. Here's the story;

Twilight Sparkle, a well known pony, is trying to find a way to cure a disease that recently started. They have tested it on dragons, who are known for their strong resistance to disease. However, a newborn dragon, now named Spike, has turned up with a genetic code to stop, or at least slow the disease down. However, Twilight grows attached to the newborn, and finds out he has learning capabilities that surpasses a 'pony'. Will the plans go on, or is there a more deadly fate for them?

The story has anthro for ponies and some types of dragons. We wanted to see how you guys thought of the idea.

Honestly, the MLP dragons in canon could probably take over the world if they weren't so disorganized and unmotivated to do anything more than sleep and hoard treasure. The ponies barely know anything about them because they are considered too dangerous to study, let alone interact with. (Spike apparently being the only exception.)

I'm not saying a fanfic like that couldn't work, but the point of PotA is that they are, well, apes - there is an irony to them overthrowing humanity would probably be lost if you replace them with a bunch of flying Godzillas who were sapient to begin with.

I agree, however, the dragons are more human than dragon. In the story, the dragons would have human like appearances, such as no wings, and small size to make it more fair in the story. I do agree with you, though. The size and wings would be a problem. And this is non cannon, so dragons are more like a generally known species.

3518065 holy shit i want to see this happen.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5