Spike's Greatest Works 853 members · 1,398 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7

While reading a story that had almost nothing to do with this, I had a concept drift into my mind that is, in the most basic sense, "Spike is able to control fire"... and only after writing it down do I see it's unintentionally a lot like the TV show "Avatar the last Airbender"

A long, long time ago, deep in the furthest reaches of even the oldest beings' memories, lived a form of dragon that controlled the elements by their will. It is said that the dragons of earth could move entire mountains by a sheer glance, the dragons of water could rage a tsunami with a single glare, the dragons of air could unleash a tornadic fury with but a single gesture, and that a single dragon dragon of fire could scorch the earth so fiercely that even immortals could not survive... And it does seem that a part of this is true, because unbeknownst to the celestial ruler, the very egg that she had found on her most fruitful journey, had in fact been the very last of the dragons of fire.

Spike learns in his teenage years that he can shape his fire to his will, not knowing that no dragon could do such things, and learned to form weapons (like swords, spears, maces, flails, etc.) from his fire with quicker and quicker ease, all with so little weight that they practically stayed in place if he should let go, pushing him further and further into his martial arts training when he wasn't working.

I'm not really sure what to do after that, I just had the idea that Spike could control fire like that and even being able to put them out from across the room just by willing them out (maybe closing his hand as a gesture of the act)

3062226 It's kinda like Avatar. Unless Spike can use all four powers.

3062249 I meant it's like avatar in that the elements can be bent by them...

3062226 That is an interesting idea for Spike's powers. How about having him meet or fight other dragons like water and earth dragons. Or maybe Spike goes on a journey to find an ancient library that was built by some of the early dragons of fire, earth, wind, water, and any other possible types you might throw in.

3062808 I have no idea... I just had the thought of Spike being able to control fire like that... that's all I really had for a story idea...

and for the record, I'm posting it out there for anyone who wants to write it to write it... along with the more than 60 other jumbled ideas I got here (boy, that's starting to sound like a broken record)

3062226 That would be a epic idea for a story.

3062808 Can you imagine if he gets into a duel with another dragon. :pinkiegasp::rainbowderp::yay:

3062226 So he would be using pyrokinetic lightsabers? Sounds good. Something that also would worke well in conjunction with his canon powers would be a weaponized fire sending spell - for example fire sending rocks as attack from above or fire sending himself as a form of teleportation.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7