Pinkie Pie: Pinkamena Diane Pie 1,626 members · 1,863 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

So for those of you who don't know me, I like Pinkie Pie... but I prefer the way she looks as "Pinkamena" from the Party of One episode. Does this have to do with the fact that it was the creepypasta Cupcakes that drew me into this fandom in the first place... perhaps but that isn't what I am here to talk about (I just love her having a straight mane). :pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy::pinkiecrazy:

What I wanted to discuss with you all is, do you think Pinkie can control her mane enough that she can have it flat and straight even when she is happy?

Or do you think that maybe if for some reason, Pinkie wanted to take a break from partying (in an effort to step back and try to perhaps gain some insight to avoid making her parties routine and boring) that he mane might for a time go straight?

And here is the Bonus question, this is a question for you wonderful authors out there. :raritywink:

Bonus Question:
Do you think you could make Pinkie Pie feel more like Pinkamena only minus the whole murder your friends scenario? If so what kind of tips would you offer to do so?

I don't own the image, I just thought it fit.

"Pinkamina Diane Pie" is a creation of the fandom. In the show, it's merely Pinkie Pie's full name...nothing more. The Pinkie in "Cupcakes" was not flat-maned "Pinkamina" at all, but happy, bouncy Pinkie Pie (which is what made it so horrific). The story actually came out before "Party of One" even aired.

It's amazing how "Pinkamina" has been constructed by the fandom and then inserted into "Cupcakes." One day someone will have to do a sociological study on this.

I also think Pinkie is beautiful with a flat mane (which doesn't mean she's psychotic or dangerous but only depressed; it was how she originally looked before the rainboom). I notice when it gets wet that her mane goes straight without getting any darker. I must say she's quite alluring with a straight mane while wearing a smile.

6499870 I do believe there is an episode where her full name is revealed to be Pinkamena Diana Pie, but like many of us she chose to shorten her name (example: a man named Robert might choose to shorten their name to Robbie or Rob). And yes, I do know that originally her mane was the same as it was in the show, it just happened to me that when I joined the fandom most of the artwork and vids involving Pinkie as Pinkamena had her with a straight mane.

I also think Pinkie is beautiful with a flat mane (which doesn't mean she's psychotic or dangerous but only depressed; it was how she originally looked before the rainboom). I notice when it gets wet that her mane goes straight without getting any darker. I must say she's quite alluring with a straight mane while wearing a smile.

I absolutely agree. I really like her when she has a flat mane and it makes me sad when the show has the best opportunities to show it and they don't. :fluttercry:

But so one of the questions I had was, do you think she could possibly control her mane so that it stays flat. Like let's say she meets that special somepony who likes her but really enjoys she her straight mane (maybe they find it attractive or they feel that it is a sign that is she comfortable around them) that she might intentionally keep it straight for them?

But so one of the questions I had was, do you think she could possibly control her mane so that it stays flat. Like let's say she meets that special somepony who likes her but really enjoys she her straight mane (maybe they find it attractive or they feel that it is a sign that is she comfortable around them) that she might intentionally keep it straight for them?

I'd say it completely depends on the writer, though in the show she certainly displays an incredible control of her mane, even writing with it. Considering her other abilities, I don't know why she wouldn't be able to make her hair exactly how she wants.

She is addressed as "Pinkamina Diane Pie" twice in the series, both times when her mane is curly. The first is by her mother when she's throwing her first party, and the second by her father in "Hearth Breakers."

Huk

What I wanted to discuss with you all is, do you think Pinkie can control her mane enough that she can have it flat and straight even when she is happy?

If you are asking for opinions, then personally I think she can, I mean, come on - this is Pinkie we are talking about! The same pony who can break the 4th wall, warp from one place to another, and apparently carries a cannon in her mane (or... somewhere, anyway) :unsuresweetie:

Do you think you could make Pinkie Pie feel more like Pinkamena only minus the whole murder your friends scenario? If so what kind of tips would you offer to do so?

I'm not sure I understand what are you asking but... if 'Party Of One' is any indication, then she switches to her flat-mane mode when she is heavily depressed so... If I were to write her like that, the first thing I would do is established that she is depressed because of something. And since this is Pinkie we are talking about, that 'something' could be for example that she accidentally hurt somepony (mentally or physically), or that she tried her standard greetings routine on someone who doesn't like such things, and got a violent reaction in response (reaction she doesn't understand - think 'A Friend In Deed' to the extreme).

I'm not sure if that's what you meant, but here you go :twilightsheepish:

I look at it this way. That absurd curly floof is what Pinkie's mane does naturally when she's happy, in show canon. If you want to do something else, do it, but realize that it's a part of her characterization that you're deliberately changing.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6