Shipping 💖 9,749 members · 11,688 stories
Comments ( 14 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 14

So in this post, I am about to ask you a question, and it's...

Was there any ships that you have loved until another ship just became your OTP?

Well I did experience this, and you can drop a comment about your formerly favorite ships before your OTP.

Well this was mine...

1. FlashLight
After many months of watching MLP, I found this character named "Flash Sentry". I found out this stallion was shipped with Twilight. I got addict to the ship after watching some FlashLight videos, then a few years later...the Starburst came to me.

2. Starburst
Yep...after gaving up on FlashLight and start a chapter as a Starburst shipper. I just found some Starburst pics and they looked f**king adorable!!!. I kept thinking about them, and read some of FimFiction stories of them before I became a member of this site. The liking of this ship decreased a bit after I ACCIDENTALLY read a clopfic of them in Wattpad 😭😭😭. But I enjoyed rhe ship...not until the NeighShadow came. I both loved the Starburst and the NeighShadow. After I founded the NeighShadow to be interesting and fun, I gave up Starburst and...yep, NeighShadow became my OTP.

Don't blame me, I onced shipped Tempest and Twilight, but until I found out the NeighShadow, I realized they are perfect, and Neighsay is completely Tempest's OTPC. (OTPC has my own meaning 😉😏)

I used to hardcore ship Rarijack but Appledash really is just a whole different (and canon) ballgame.

Appledash is my OTP now

We can all relate!...right?

Why yes! I will misinterpret this.

Derp Sentry
Notice that in the EQG movies Derpy/Muffins is there to comfort Flash when he gets brushed off? At least a few times.
CheeriLight
I dunno, I just kind of like the idea of the bookworm getting together with the school-teacher.

Side note: whatever age Cheerilee and Twilight are can't be proved (though Cheerilee is presumably older than Twilight), but the rule of thumb is dividing your age by 2 and adding 7... If the subject of your affection is younger than this number, you are too old for them.

Rainbow Pie
Ostensibly the only one that RD is attracted to at all is Pinks. See?

Oh, also...

Does anybody want to know what OTPC means to me 😏

TwiDash.
I used to be a massive fan of TwiDash. After watching Read it and Weep, plus seeing Twilight's role in Fall Weather Friends, I was quite intrigued in her and Dash's relationship. Already being a fan of the paring, I watched a few comic dubs here and there and one specific dub got me hooked on the paring for a little while. Seeing the athlete and the egghead go out together was... unexpected, and quite charming. I never really thought of anything quite like it before hand, what, having only recently (back then) come across shipping from the fandom's side. Only reason I moved away from TwiDash, and don't see the point of saying 'TwiDash for Best Ship' anymore, is in part to another Rainbow Dash paring:

SoarinDash.
Alright, I'll admit, this one was short lived. Even compared to the previous one which had lasted around two months, maximum, this ship lasted me... a few three weeks? Yup.
Reason I started seeing something in this paring was 'cause of the audio drama 'Bride of Discord'. I found it quite appealing, their dynamic, and the fact that Dash and Soarin were both from the WonderBolts had added to my intrigue.
But soon after finding something in this to love, I came across AppleDash and the rest is history.

Nowadays, I think those two parings are a bit... unexciting and doesn't bring the same amount of hype as it use to for me. (I also do consider both of them kinda overrated... don't kill me!)
I'll stick where I'm comfy with the Apples and the Rainbows.

Shoot. Now I wanna know. What's it mean?

Yesss! Definitely~

G4:
1. I used to ship SoarinDash but it lasted for around a week before it died. It was NOT a good ship.

2. Tridashie came to me and I started liking TwiDash. After around 2 weeks...I found out there was a thing called FlutterDash...

3. FLUTTERDASH RULES AND YOU CAN'T CHANGE MY MIND~~~

G5:
1. I know it's weird, but I liked Sunny x Pipp for around 2 weeks.

2. I saw this video of Izzy x Pipp and fell in love with...a ship?!

OTPC has my own meaning, I made it up 🤣🤣🤣

One
True
Prince
Charming

😂😂😂

I think two big factors to this degree that I can remember was PinkieDash way waaaaay back when. Very early in the shows life. I read a fic about the two and was all about it. After a while that interest shifted into a dynamic that really stuck to me as more legitimate in RariDash.

The thing about RariDash in my mind is that although their personalities on a surface level are different, between all the 6, at least at around season 3/4, they're the only two actively working to a dream. Not to say the other four weren't working hard they were just content with where they are at. So it stuck to me that the two could support one another on a deeper level after long days of pursuit to their ambitions. IE late nights working on orders or rough days of flight practice.

The second most noticeable change was naturally anything involving Discord. TwiCord, LunaCord, FlutterCord etc. That one really hopped around like flavor of the month until I settled on the one that has my interest the most for one simple reason. An immovable object meets an unstoppable force.
Naturally the one true OTP is AppleCord/DiscoJack

I've gone through a bunch of ships I'd liked a lot tho if I had to pick OTPS hmm

My first was probably Rarilight... a solid and super cute ship, at the time I got into it it was sorta rare.
A lot of the dynamic is about Rarity being flirty and self-assured while Twilight is a flustered mess, it's a good vibe.

Thennn I had a stint of RariDash, a ship I still like quite a lot actually, before it got bulldozed by my absolute OTP a couple years ago.

Applecord.
God. It's absolute crack and I am addicted in the worst way. It's a really rare ship which makes me empathize with you OP, loving a rarepair can be tough cus there's not a lotta content.
I definitely want to write some Applecord too, should really get around to it sometimes damn.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 14