Shipping 💖 9,742 members · 11,673 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Ice Star
Group Admin

Want quick context? Click this link here. If not, read on: Jhoira and I have gotten ourselves made into admins of this group by asking staff regarding the inability of the group to function. Knighty is the sole mod, site founder, and way too busy to be acting as an admin. As a result, the group visibly hasn't had any substantial folder additions since Season Two and there is no one able to lock threads, navigate forums, help newer members, pin important announcements, or perform basic group functions. This is why we'd like to announce that we're officially looking for extra hands. If you meet any of the qualifications below the list of updates, please PM either her or myself if you are interested. Otherwise, reply to this thread, though keep in mind that a 1:1 conversation guaranteed to get you a direct response is best in private messages. Ideally, we would like to have 4+ admins, not counting ourselves. Seriously, this is a huge group!

Updates:

• Two new admins. (duh)
  • The group page now boasts more general shipping groups, and can hold even more if you request a sfw group be featured.
  • Rules have undergone minor updates, most notably specifying that sfw groups need sfw threads and to try and remain on topic.
  • Writing guide + tag guide are now easily linked under the FAQ section.
  • More folders for ships are being created. This includes popular and rarer pairs that warrant folders.
  • Folder name consistency will now be enforced.
  • Folder structure has been rearranged slightly for improving navigation.
  • Folder descriptions have been added to help with clarity on what belongs where.

Contact one of the two new admins if:

• You desperately want to rearrange thousands of stories. Yes, literal thousands.
  • You can prove that you have experience successfully acting as admin to other groups.
  • You would be willing to work with half a dozen or so other people taking on tasks from folder-managing to forum helpers. We want people who are good at one or both!
  • You wanna see some horse kiss stories sorted in sensible ways.
  • You would be comfortable possibly being on a small admin discord server to better improve communication and improve the speed at which staff can make decisions or discuss group and member management.
  • You're really darn good at working group editing and other site functions.
  • Seriously, there are over 10,000 stories in this group, and they've all been put in ~5 basic folders for about a decade. You are volunteering to chip in and ease an archival nightmare.
Ice Star
Group Admin

Update: Bicyclette is now an admin!

I have superb experience running a group at an administrative level. Just ask Petrichord.

Ice Star
Group Admin

I've sent a PM to Petrichord.

Is there any way I can get an excuse to read help organize the stories without being an admin?

Ice Star
Group Admin

I didn’t mean to just see this now, but the answer is: I’m not sure. That’s actually a question for site staff because it applies to overall group functionality (ie. Who can get access to the group and group-level functioning without being an admin) and not this group specifically.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6