Art for Fanfiction 5,171 members · 213 stories
Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

Hey,

If you noticed my title and realized you have no idea what a "Darth Vulcan" is, don't worry, that'll soon be explained.

I am an author of several stories, among which is one I've titled The Rise of Darth Vulcan: Rising Star, a fanfiction of the popular, and, at times, quite unpopular, fan-fiction The Rise of Darth Vulcan. And, it is for that fan-fiction that I've come here.

As a note, I'm looking to trade a story for a picture. I'd be providing the story.

My request is a simple one but, before I lay down the details, I thought it might be helpful to answer first what many of you are probably asking at this point:

"How good is your writing?"

To that, I'll let my writing speak for itself. For your convenience I'll link some of my stories below.

The Rise of Darth Vulcan: Rising Star: This is the story I'm looking for cover-art for. Be Forewarned, the first chapter is six thousand words long.

If for whatever reason, reading a RWBY fanfiction in order to judge my writing appeals more to your senses, then today's your day!

The Wonderful Life of Mister Schnee: (Spacebattles / Fanfiction.): Be forewarned, the first chapter is seven thousand words long.

Of course, if you don't feel like reading through several thousand words at the moment, then you can just look at the comment sections.

The Request

Ok, this part shouldn't be too difficult because, luckily for us, the author of the original fanfiction has actually drawn up some some art of Darth Vulcan:

Source: https://www.rhjunior.com/galleries/artists-gallery/darthvulcan_by_rhjunior-d6ylm6v/

Before you run away to drink something that'll take the edge off. I'd like to clarify that the story is a comedy; the over the top, goth-darkness is purposeful and mostly done to clash with Equestria's color pallet.

And, finally, for the request. I'm looking for a simple static pose for Darth Vulcan, and I'd like the "camera" to be looking up at him. It shouldn't quite be a worm's eye view, but it shouldn't be at eye level. Basically, I'd like the angle to be anywhere in between this:

and that Obama hope poster we made a Twilight Sparkle parody out of; you know the one.

Back to the art. I'm not well versed in image terminology, so I'll just ramble about what I want and I'll let you, the drawing people, add your own flair to it. (I won't be too demanding about details as long as they don't end up contradicting completely the intent of the piece. This is done with the understanding that you'll extend the same courtesy when you ask me for a fanfiction.)

Back to the art, I'd like to have a low angle shot of Darth Vulcan, in a three-quarters pose if that's not too demanding. I want him to feel absolutely giant, imposing, he should take up a third of the entire frame and be the foremost object in the shot...

And behind him I want the sparkiest, cutesiest, majestically sunny day Equestria can muster. Like, don't hold back on this; if a parody of Equestria were made to out do the original Equestira's good-day vibes, it shouldn't come close to what you throw onto the view-space behind him.

A smiling sun like it was done in finger paint, with sunglasses! Frolicking foals. A rainbow! Anything and everything you can think to throw at the thing. Heck, it doesn't have to be in the same art-style, you can actually do this part in finger-paint. (Remember when I said you could add your own flair?)

So yeah, this is basically the internet equivalent of a "will work for food" sign, but if any of you want to take me up on the offer, than the comments section is below.

Try to think about what kind of fic you'd like; be specific: include a minimum word count and all that jazz, and then post it here. There's no rush since I was planning to have the submission window for this thing be open for a week or two. (Keep in mind, minimum word counts are optional. If you think it would work better, just saying what you want to happen in the story would work as well. I'll try to keep you informed and won't try to rip you off with a haiku or anything of the sort.)

As to any details, or questions or clarifications, feel free to post them in the comments and so that people can see the answer more quickly and such.

I can do this. prices are between 15$ to 25$ and I take paypal

Perhaps I misunderstood something, but I was just looking to trade.

Oh I'm sorry XD When I saw commission I just assumed, still, I would like to try this.

It's no trouble, and glad to hear! I'm curious, by the way, did you draw your profile picture?

Well, that's pretty cool, actually. Did you have any ideas in mind for the type of fic you wanted?

Hmm....starlight and sombra fic?

Ok, but you might want to be a bit more specific, unless you really just want me to go off the rails with it, which I can, and will.

Actually, I realized we probably shouldn't be responding this much in the comments section since it would probably bump the story disproportionatly. Just try to think about what kind of fic you'd like, be specific, include a minimum word count and all that jazz and then post it here. There's no rush since I was planning to have the submission window for this thing be open for a week or two.

As to any details, or questions or clarifications, feel free to post them here and I'll answer them so that people can see the answer more quickly and such.

Keep in mind, I don't mean to discourage comments, I just think it'd be more courteous to the forum if we were more efficient with our posts.

[commision] means money

According to the tagging guide for this group, the Commission tag is to be used:

"When you want to, in some way, buy an artist’s efforts, it’s a commission. With commissions between members, you may compromise through trade, such as a story for an art piece or through financial means. This tag is very versatile, and as a result can become very unclear as to meaning so please be as clear as possible when posting a commission request and to come to an agreement of payment before working toward the goal."

https://www.fimfiction.net/group/295/art-for-fanfiction/thread/363681/official-tagging-guide-its-easy

Of course, I myself am more familiar with the use of Commission to mean money, so if you think I misunderstood the tagging guide, or know of some better way to communicate my proposal within the confines of the group rules, then feel free to tell me.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13