Comedy 1,294 members · 4,779 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8

Some of my favorite YTPs are the ones starring Gaston, and here is a compilation

The stand in for Gaston shall be Prince Blueblood, and I will make stories that follow similar patterns, some based on the YTPs, some more original.

He frequents a men's club with Hoity-Toity, Fancypants, Filthy Rich, Iron Will, Soarin', Jett Sett, Pokey Pierce, Shining Armor, and an OC of mine, named Oszukac (Polish for "fool"), a Tarpan pony. Oszukac is the stand-in for Le Fou.

As this is years in the future, an adult Diamond Tiara will be hinted as a love interest for Blueblood, even though he's still about a decade older than her.

I already have two basic story outlines, and I will use them both:

#1: Projectile Defacating

Prince Blueblood is in despair. He's been constipated for a long time, and all his friends are making fun of him for it. But after imbibing an entire jar of laxatives, he has a new talent that compensates for his long period of incapability of excrement: projectile defecating!

#2: Taco Belle

Prince Blueblood, after paying a visit to the element of Generosity and her family, finds a new love that he is passionate for: a teenaged Sweetie Belle's tacos. He will now stop at nothing to force Sweetie Belle to make him unlimited Tacos, even if it means taking advantage of a family secret of her father...

This is not self-promotion, this is to ask the question: What do you think so far?

2790543 Blueblood as Gaston? Why hasn't this been yet? I mean come on, Rainbow Dash isn't really that much of a Gaston character.

So, it's a go then? And you're right of course, RD is too nice to be Gaston...plus, can you see her getting turned on by anime women? Nope. Can you see her fall in love with tacos? Maybe. Can you see her be constipated epically? Hardly. Blueblood is pretty easy for me to see that way. And doesn't he deserve donuts?

2790543 The basic premise is good, but I would combine the two stories - he suffers from constipation (it is psychosomatic from the metaphorical stick up his ass) and Sweetie's tacos are the only thing that gives him relief - and projectile shitting powers. Thus he becomes the Taco Torero, Equestria's only projectile shitting superhero. Sweetie Belle would first be his Louis Lane and then his sidekick.

Another good story based on Blueblood-as-Gaston would be a reminagination of Beauty and the Beast - Blueblood wants Fluttershy -given her modelling success she has the looks for a trophy wife and given Blueblood's personality he prefers a doormat- but she has fallen in love with/promised to/assigned to redeem Discord/Sombra/a prince turned into a manticore. From there the usual conflict evolves.

:rainbowderp:....
....that's....
....pure genius!

I will just synthesize that with a few of my own ideas, and make an almost original story out of it!

Picture this:

Nearly 15 years after the events of MLP, Prince Blueblood is utterly unhappy. He is 36 and single, he spends large amounts of his time doing nothing productive, has bad eating habits that result in constipation, has "friends" rather than the real deal, and is beginning to feel empty and unfulfilled. But one day, after indulging himself to drain his blues away, he discovers he has super-powers...

After a while as a career as the Taco Torero, he is forced to choose between crime-fighting with Sweetie Belle, and the love of his life, Diamond Tiara.

The novel would be divided into multiple volumes that each represent a story arc that builds up to the main plot, in which the earliest Story Arcs introduce who Blueblood is and what his problems are, and the last ones, in which all plot points come together, depict him making amends for his previous errors, fighting his evil arch-nemesis, and declaring his love for Diamond Tiara.

(And yes, Diamond Tiara is about 26, since it's 15 years in the future, so while it's still a wild age difference, it's at least acceptable)

How does that sound so far? (And thanks for the idea, by the way!)

2795319 Sounds good so far. The old animosities between Sweetie and Tiara will make this very interesting.
If you go for a longer series, I would recommend having a look at ShadeJak's Mare Do Well series. While the villains are a bit repetitive, it has a good example of character development in Rainbow Dash, and the fights are well thought out.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8