Human Girls in Equestria 816 members · 282 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9
Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

Dear my fellow bronys, both male and female,

I have taken notice in our lack of activity and involvement in the pony community, even too the point where a few unnamed bronies said that there are a whole lot fewer girls involved in this than boys, something that I doubt very much considering the amount of pegasisters I come in contact with on a daily basis. That is why I have come up with a plan to ensure pegasisters aren't considered novelties among certain brony counterparts. It's called "Project Brony Girls" or "Brony Girls" for short. It's main goal, restore this group and get the word out that we're here to stay. How, you might ask. Well, for starters, I am revising out ranking system. From now on, only those who have been members for forty-eight weeks, approximately eleven months, shall be even considered for contributor status. Anyone who isn't has been provoked of their contributor status (sorry to anypony saddened by this). I shall also do some extended evaluations of the site for any "Human Girls in Equestria" stories, though I will not be alone. I've decided to offer a few choice members the position of administrators. I'm also going to start doing weekly updates on how our battle for acknowledgment.

Sincerely,
Emerald Glow
Human Girls in Equestria Administrator and Founder

Well I don't have any numbers or anything but the reason that we male bronies seem to be in superior numbers (maybe we are, maybe we arnt, I dunno) is just because we're male. It's more accepted for girls (and women) to be into this kind of stuff and as such you feel less need to make yourself known since nobody really "cares". I could probably write this in a better way, but I'm doing homework right now and switching between English and Swedish makes Turai confused lol.

But in the end, really who cares? It's not like peoples genders (should) matter anyways. Male or Female bronies are all bronies in the end regardless, just like we're all people.

and i thought the group was here so that everyone can read storys about GiE instead of AiE ...
well but i like PiE (ponies in earth) more ... blame 4chan.

but hey good luck with your plan Emerald Glow

shira
Group Contributor

I, too, am a bit confused on the purpose of this group then. I thought it was to promote female human protagonists in stories, especially given that they are only in a tiny minority of stories.

Is the group instead here to promote female authors?

Cinnamon Clover
Group Admin

837015 (+836589, 836390 and anypony else who might be offended by my previous post)
It is, but some days I guess I let my anger get to my head:twilightangry2:, sorry everypony. I was planning to revamp the group anyway, though. I wasn't trying to dis male fans of MLP. I just am fed up with the males in my life, mainly my dad and younger brother.

Haha, no offence taken, just trying to came up with a logical explanation why us males are seen more often.

And I know very well where you're comming from except in reverse. I have been extremely frustrated with pretty much every female I know irl lately, so yeah, no worries.

As a male member of this group who wants to see more girls in Equestria, I can only say that I don't have a clue whether males outnumber females in the fandom or not . . . and I'm not sure if I much care. The males naturally get more attention in the media because we're the unexpected ones.

I don't think the change will affect me much. I confess I haven't contributed. I have a popular story archived here, but somebody other than me added it to the group. I didn't think it qualified because the story so far has happened almost entirely on Earth, but with a female human protagonist.

shira
Group Contributor

Dear god no offense taken. As a pretty generic male I had to deal with my 90+ year old grandfather recently and holy crap the amount of hatred towards females and disrespect he showed my mother made me want to drown him in the bath tub.

Sorry you're dealing with crap like that but I promise we all aren't like that.

Saying that I hope this group keeps it purpose of promoting good female characters in the fandom. Given how fleshed out the mane 6 are and how not stereotypical they are at the same time you'd think it'd encourage more strong, creative female protagonists. *sigh* Well dealing with that gives some of us things to work towards at least.:ajsleepy:

I think our feminine counter-parts are just less noisy in the fandom, honestly. :twilightblush:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9