Fallout Equestria 5,365 members · 2,614 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

I'm writing an biography for my Story Book of Blackjack and I need a reference for the writing style, are there any stories like this?

Do you mean a writing style for an autobiography, or a writing style reference for how Blackjack would write an autobiography?

7308028 I'm as confused as 7308136, could you be more specific?

This is confusing seeing how the story is basically an autobiography. If you mean within the style of an autobiography where it's all condensed, then it's not recommended. You'd basically be telling the same story someone else told and with the same exact characters. If you want to do something autobiographic style, create a new character and have them go through their lives for the reader.

Like someone telling there's or someone else life's story something like this:

An autobriography is someone telling their own life story. A biography is someone telling someone else's. And this doesn't really answer the question I think? I don't know whose style you're trying to do it in. Are you trying to do it in Blackjack's voice or in a formal written voice, but as an autobiography? As 7308378 said, either way this isn't recommended. Like, at all. You'd just be telling the same story again. Only way I'd suggest doing this is if it's somehow important to your character(s) and they're getting snippets of her autobiography.

Comment posted by starwars90001 deleted Aug 23rd, 2020

I guess I should have said biography instead Autobiography, no I don't intend to tell the entire story over again just secondary takes.

Phoenix_Dragon
Group Contributor

I haven't read Project Horizons, but the impression I got of it was that it was basically autobiographical already. More like a memoir, I suppose (Detailing a specific segment of her life instead of the whole thing), but basically already showing her perspective on things. So... yeah, file me in the confused group, because I'm not really sure what you're trying to do.

If it's from a book that Blackjack herself made and characters of yours are reciting or recognizing it... I'd either write it from the view point of Blackjack sterile-ly reciting events in her voice (unless she's an actually good writer then maybe something better than that), in which case study how she speaks throughout PH. Or otherwise write it as a flashback from the character your writing's perspective. How THEY imagine what Blackjack went through, rather than what Blackjack actually went through.

Personally? For something like this? I'd go with the latter. Because it helps establish a character's personality better.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10