RainbowPie 863 members · 362 stories
Comments ( 12 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 12

Seriously. Pinkie constantly making sweets for Dash, appearing in her bed, and completely freaking out when she finds out that Dash doesn't really like her pies. The whole episode feels like a PinkieDash shipfic. I was expecting them to start making out.

Comment posted by NightChicken deleted Oct 10th, 2017

Honestly the way the fight was as well felt entirely like a lovers quarrel / couples fight.... with the way Pinkie was trying to manipulate Dash into admitting the lie to the lame excuses Dash made during the fight all the way up to Dash talking to her two closest friends, including her bro friend AJ, about how Pinkie won't talk to her... then to top that off with what we see when Pinkie realizes why Dash was lying!!

This coupled with many other things is a huge part of why I ship them. Rarijack is the same way. Speaking of which, anyone notice AJs "advice" during the ep also felt like "dating advice" based on experiences (with maybe her own girlfriend :raritywink: )

:ajbemused: "Ah ain't got time for 'Miss Fabulous' 's drama. Ah gotta farm tah run."

I do have to admit the newer episodes — and even the movie — have increased my liking for the pair.

It's especially noticeable in Secrets and Pies where Rainbow's formerly blunt behavior is put to the side to spare the feelings of her pink friend (as while she usually can be the bluntest of the group, she seems to be extra cautious around Ponk in particular.)

Rainbow also seems to be willing to do anything to regain Pinkie's friendship.

There is something about odd number seasons that seem to make a number of PinkieDash episodes (or at least easily seen as ones anyway).

We get many episodes that shows how much Pinkie really cares about Dash and how she thinks of Pinkie but in this episode we get to see it not just from that angle but also from Dash. This episode gets to show Dash going out of her way to save Pinkie's feelings which is not an angle we usually get to see.

Also this is very much a continuation of episodes like "Griffin the Brush off", "The Wonderbolt Academy" , and even "PInkie's Pride" where we see Pinkie showing much more emphasis on Dash than she does with anybody else. Think about how Pinkie went bonkers when she thought Dash may not come back from the Wonderbolts and yet she shows nowhere near that level of panic when other characters leave (for instance when Fluttershy leaves she chases off after the train and then gets distracted but when Dash leaves you could not even get her to leave her mailbox). Pinkie certainly does make birthday parties for all of her friends and puts a lot of work into them but honestly does she go anywhere near all out as she did for Dash? As for the hug while I do think that the reason they choose for her to crush Dash in the hugs more so than anybody else is that it is funniest with her (a combo of her being "too cool" and being tough since hugging somebody hard who is tough is funny but doing that to say FLuttershy may make you feel bad) it does contribute to a PinkieDash narrative if that is something you are looking for.

So was there scenes in the movie that gave a feeling of Pinkie Dash?

Indeed. Hay, even the trailers had Pinkie and Dash standing or making a gag with one another a lot of times.

Interested to know where you got a PinkieDash vibe from in the movie. I didn't see it myself.
I did see another Pinkie ship in there, though...

(pushes people out of the way) WHAT HAVE I BEEN MISSING!????

My ship... finally given some attention... I'm gonna cry... (But serious, I've been busy with school and lack of cable, so I'm waiting to binge the whole seaosn later, so I'm a bit behind on developments)

Oh another one huh well that is interesting too.

AHEMAHEM PINKIE AND SKYSTAR IS ONE OF MY NEW LOVESAHEM.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 12