Slice of Life 1,463 members · 8,164 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5

Hear me out. This story would still be in the Equestria Girls universe and it would primarily take place with the Cutie Mark Crusaders, but I've been thinking about including a couple of characters no one probably thinks about anymore.

These characters are from Generation 3 of My Little Pony and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if people don't know who I am talking about. Friendship is Magic is the primary version of My Little Pony that caught people's attention, but this Equestria Girls story I have in mind would have the perfect introduction of two characters from Generation 3.

The first one is Kimono. She was a character that I always liked when I was a kid. She always seemed much more chilled out than the other ponies and her wise nature made her seem more unique as compared to the others. Especially since every other pony was kind of the same as each other. She was also a sort of historian of pony lore in Generation 3, making her really different from Pinkie Pie or Rainbow Dash Here's a picture of her and a link to one of the only videos with her as the main character~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F1EDAvFljYg

The second character I have in mind is Minty. She's certainly more popular than Kimono, but I can understand that. She's always been one of my favorites too. I remember watching her holiday special a lot when I was a kid and I still feel bummed out that Minty wasn't in FiM. For everyone who doesn't know Minty, she's a pony who was best friends with Pinkie Pie and she always ended up making some sort of mistake. But she always learned from her mistakes and did the best she could to make others laugh and have fun. And, of course, she was obsessed with mints. Who wouldn't like Minty~? Regardless, I've been thinking about including her in this CMC story idea of mine. Here's a picture of her and a link to her holiday special~

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UGNiTkEwGXQ

In total, maybe it's not the best idea to include these characters in the story, but in my idea, they're the same age as the CMC and they're all in college. What do you think of this idea? Would it be too silly to reintroduce these older generation characters or is it just silly enough to work?

There's nothing wrong with dipping into the well of previous generations -- even FIM did it in various ways from time to time. And while I'm not very versed in G3, I do have a certain fondness for Minty (and her love of socks). I like to think that G4 Minty is related to Twist in some way (aunt or cousin, perhaps).

I mean, why not? We have a fair number of G5 stories on Fimfiction now, so I don't see any reason not to use G1-G3 as inspirations either. Probably Minty is the only G3-er who more than a very small slice of Fimf will recognise straight up, though. Kimono might be a slightly tougher sell as she'll effectively be an OC to almost all your readers. But as a general concept, if you write something with G3 ponies and make it work, go for it!

Thanks for the advice~ I love Minty as well and I thought it would be interesting to incorporate her character and see how she meshes with the CMC~ And I forgot she loves socks! Thanks for reminding me~ XD

Yeah, Kimono doesn't even have her own tag on this website, so it would be a hard sell, but I figured I would explain the character to the audience and slightly add on her character. Like how I imagine she would be foreign and she would be interested in more than just predicting the future. But yeah, thanks for the advice! I'll do my best to make it work when I get to it~

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5