The Conversion Bureau 769 members · 387 stories
Comments ( 3 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 3

I have been a fan of The Conversion Bureau for a while now, but I have yet to see any story featuring the one person who would make the ponies go cross-eyed at the sheer power this individual possesses. Who is this marvelous person you might ask? Why the Tofu loving, green haired super hero known as... BEAST BOY!!

Now I'm not talking about the Teen Titans Go! Beast Boy, but rather the Original Teen Titans beast boy. I figure that it would make for a comedic story as every time they hit him with the potion, he converts right back. Or when they are about to hit him he transforms into something like a mouse. Or even going into a pony camp as a mouse, and then transforming into a T-Rex in the middle of the camp.
Anyone else on board for this story?

Or once he gets hit, he can still transform but only into ponies. Mouse size ponies, T-Rex-sized ponies...

Or maybe he's the source of the potion in the first place. Who needs nanites when you can use mutant powers?

Why have I yet to see any story featuring him?

Because he is not a pony.

I don't know anything about this character, but you are implying that he cannot be ponified. That angle has been played before, but in all the years that I have been with TCB, I have never seen anyone finish one of these stories. For that matter, although I haven't read them all mind you, I haven't seen a finished TCB crossover.

I am not telling you to not write this story, but you are up against some real challenges here. No one is going to write your story for you, and it is extremely rare for someone to come along to be your muse to bounce ideas off of you during the writing. I think the previous attempts were all waiting for inspiration to hit after they had already started and that is what killed it, which is to say the stories were dead before they began.

If you are going to write this story, you need to have confidence in it: a full plot from start to finish. Someone might propose an idea that you throw in as an extra, but the core has to come from you. If you ask “Anyone else on board for this story?” then the answer is always “No”, because there isn't a story to be on board. If you make the story, someone will read it, and someone will like it, but you can't hope to survey the popularity of a story before you have written it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 3