Comments ( 13 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 13

They give folks that love schadenfreude something to point and laugh at.

. . .

You have some extra punctuation marks there. :trollestia:

7826003 Nope, that's an ellipsis. Surely, being on a fanfiction website, you should know what ellipses are for? Hint: Ending every single line of dialogue.

Aaah, the sound of silence. An echo of an ended statement that is fading away. Still better than NFTs, as the absence of dialogue implies the previous took place. Something of infinitely more value than a dumb monkey jpg.

I know what a joke and a :trollestia: are! :twilightsmile:

And everyone knows that on a fanfic site understanding punctuation is optional anyway. :twilightsmile:

NFT good, unga bunga give us your money

I had some proper tart on YouTube arguing that NFTs are a viable way to "make sure digital products don't lose value" and their example was something like a season pass for Call of Duty... What?!

Run Call of Duty on the blockchain
Pay a fee of valuable crypto for every instruction or something idk
(Now I want a game that just wants a quarter for three minutes of play)

They already made those. They're called Arcade Cabinets. Then again, some people that are online only are re-making things like a landline phone, or the ideas of busses or trains, and thinking that these 'wild, new ideas' will take the world by storm, so it's only a matter of time before crypto bros try this with etherium or dogecoin or whatever.

They already made those. They're called Arcade Cabinets.

"That's the joke" image. :rainbowhuh:

Then again, some people that are online only are re-making things like a landline phone, or the ideas of busses or trains, and thinking that these 'wild, new ideas' will take the world by storm, so it's only a matter of time before crypto bros try this with etherium or dogecoin or whatever.

A friend of mine is working on that! They call it "Chauffeur as a Service!" :twilightsmile:

Something of infinitely more value than a dumb monkey jpg.

Look, a friend explained this to me. The value isn't in the dumb monkey jpg ITSELF. It's in being the FIRST person to append this particular dumb monkey jpg in this particular way to this particular blockchain. That's where the scarcity value is, baby! :trollestia:

An NFT is "First Post!" but in the World's Least Efficient Database.

At least, that's how my friend explains it to me. And I trust them, even though they told me not to buy cryptos!

You can try to disprove what I said here, but you'll have to leave the realm of facts and logic.
:trollestia:

I'd say you're likely right on that last point. NFTs are already something whose value is tied to dreams, fantasy and near delusions. Speculating on something whose value is only tied into itself and the 'hype' that could be made to find someone else that is willing to pay for such an item. Facts and logic are already lost on those who willingly jump into these waters.

I could also see that it could work as a 'First Post' situation. People who lose their 'apes' and whatnot when they get stolen are furious to get them back. The same kind of pointless energy and effort one would put into raging about their 'Firsts' being deleted, but more hilarious because actual money was spent on them.

Your friend is very wise. You should listen to everything they say without hesitation, less you risk missing out on a great opportunity that comes along, such as the chance to buy a bridge.:trollestia:

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 13