Generation 5 Group 323 members · 400 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11

Even though I have a large hatred for the two characters, I’d like to ask you guys this:

Does anyone besides me think that Sprout and Phyllis should totally become the new allies of Opaline? Particularly on the grounds that they clearly never changed since the events of MLP: ANG?

No. I mean Sprout was frighten by unicorns and pegasi. I mean, if he falls in love with her might by blind love

I think that’d be one reason he’d ally with her. Aside from making a deal with her he can’t refuse, of course.

NO. They're powerless now. Let them be a relic.

Of the past and an outdated way of thinking.

I think that they need more fleshing out before any big things are done with them. Sprout's kind of a walking incest joke and Phillis is a pony clone of Phillis Schlafly.

Oh, certainly not.

Jury's out on if Sprout's actually learned anything, but even in the movie Phyllis came around to the idea that she'd been wrong about what the earth ponies and unicorns were like. She was genuinely shocked to hear that they didn't have their magic, and one of the three ponies who stepped forward to put Sunny's picture frame back together alongside Haven and Alphabittle.

Opaline, on the other hand, pretty much represents everything that Sprout and Phyllis were afraid of about magic. I don't think they'd be inclined to go anywhere near her, let alone help her out!

I don’t know.

Both Phyllis and Sprout were poorly-characterized as individuals. Phyllis seemed to have reformed for the mere sake of ANG’s plot (and clearly never changed much judging by her appearance in “Tell Your Tale”), and Sprout is literally the most one-dimensional character in G5 by far. An alliance with Opaline could very well do them some good considering they’ve basically been alienated by the rest of ponykind.

Why do you keep bringing up incest between Sprout and his mother? This is like the third time I’m seeing it. :applejackunsure:

7880561 Because it's hilarious and I am kind of physically ill right and in full amuse-myself mode.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11