Save My Little Pony 54 members · 0 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4
Mixmaster226
Group Admin

The long-awaited Generation 5 movie has finally been released, and as predicted, there’s no contest between it and Friendship is Magic (pre-Season 9, of course). Its writing, characters, emotion, music, animation style and jokes don’t even begin to compare to those of its predecessor. It tries to pass itself off as a sequel to FiM, but only succeeds in being a reboot that thinks it’s a sequel, clearly using Generation 4’s success to try and add to its own in a blatant attempt to attract a larger audience.

Perhaps its only redeeming qualities are that the references to FiM are little more than context-free Easter eggs (so it doesn’t have to be revised) and that the struggles of the main character are at least somewhat relatable to those of this campaign. Other than that, this is a rather poor excuse for a new iteration of MLP. If this movie is to be the foundation for a new TV series, then G5 is pretty much dead in the water already. All the more reason to convince Hasbro and their partners to return to G4 and give it a more satisfying ending by officially revising parts of Season 9 along with all related content accordingly and giving Equestria Girls a proper finale of its own.

No kidding. It might've had a chance of standing on its own as a sort of reboot to the MLP series overall. But having THAT as a direct sequel to MLP:FIM? Yeah...NO.

I stand by my previous opinion of considering the 2017 movie the end of FIM.

Stormspark
Group Admin

The funny thing, it's NOT a sequel. It's its own world, developed independently. The "sequel" thing was added AFTER it was already done, to try to bait the fanbase into watching it, lol. Regardless of what they say, it's not set in the same world as FIM, and it's not "The Future" (tm).

It’s good for a average kids cartoon but I dislike it as an MLP
Cartoon especially with the shoehorned in the future of generation 4.

And to everyone saying it’s still just the movie and the series will elaborate on the connection. Let’s be honest Hasbro ain’t smart enough or dedicated enough to exactly make anything other then references to bait us into sticking with it.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4