Friendship Is Awesomes 297 members · 14,290 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

While I am glad that the streaming service Disney+ is giving Wish more fans, there is also a flame war going on. It was over the king and people who do not agree are explaining why the king was evil and when people who can’t argue back just says that they are young. It feels like they are projecting. I hope that sense Wish is getting more fans, I think the drama is unnecessary. It feels like Gen 5 cs Gen 4 all over again but I hope in the coming days we will get fan made content enjoying the movie as is. I feel that there are better things to spend our time and energy on, like global warming for example.

JNKing
Group Admin

when people who can’t argue back just says that they are young. It feels like they are projecting

Once a person has to resort to calling names or making assumptions about why a person 'doesn't understand', it means that they realize they have no logical argument and have 'lost'.

Unfortunately, people like that never want to be wrong or 'lose', so they'll try to do something to make sure they leave the conversation somehow 'in the right'. Completely ignoring the truth that they failed miserably.

Yeah and I feel like I am guilty of that too and I feel like I feel like I need to respect people’s takes more so I am trying to correct that even though it can be hard sometimes. However at the same time I feel that I do not resort to name calling for the most part.

JNKing
Group Admin

In the posts I've seen, you have not, and I deeply appreciate that. :pinkiehappy:

It helps these messages feel more like a conversation rather than an argument. :twilightsmile: 👍

That is good to know and if you feel like I am you can stop me at any time.

To me, Wish was a welcome sigh of relief.

JNKing
Group Admin

Will do. 👍 Though I hope it never comes to that. :twilightsmile:

You're expecting humans to be rational and coherent... :facehoof:. People have every right to hate on Wish and share that hate with the world, just as much as people have the right to like the film and share that.

I know but I was just saying that it is always a cycle it comes to Disney movies. Can we use this time and energy on something we like instead? Please? I call this the flame war phase and this particular cycle was a bit unpredictable. Though, I wouldn’t exactly call insulting others the moment someone gets backed into a corner being rational.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9