Friendship Is Awesomes 295 members · 14,037 stories
Comments ( 31 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 31
JNKing
Group Admin

Primarily for The_Chill_Author, but anyone with an OC interested in training can add their OC in as well if they want.

After the events of The Challenger , Chill, River and any other OCs set out from Ponyville to begin the journey to Fort Drake, to begin training under General Drake.

But the journey to a man who could tame dragons with nothing but his own wits and strength was not going to be an easy one.

Several days after their journey began, they reached the sea that bordered Equestria. Fort Drake sat well beyond.

"Heading for Fort Drake?" a serpentine captain asked, already perched on a ship perfect for travel.

[OCs responses?]

"Well, ya came to the right place," the sea captain replied, lowering the gangplank for them. "Fair warning: Fort Drake ain't yer usual mountain for climbing. It tests ya, see? Let's Drake know just how much ya want to learn from him."

[Responses?]

With his peace said, the sea captain got your OCs settled, then they casted off.

It was a beautiful day for sailing. Water was crystal blue, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

At least at first. Before long, black storm clouds surged from behind Fort Drake, looming over your OCs ship.

[Reactions?]

The wind whispered in your OCs ear.

Prove you are resourceful...

[Reactions?]

Before they could ponder it too much, the storm hit.

Fifty foot waves began to crash across the deck. Lightning smashed into the side of the boat, ripping it to shreds.

When your OC went to look for the captain, he was gone. The wheel stood pilot-less.

[Reactions?]

Your OC likely tried to guide the ship through the storm, but a rogue wave caught the ship by the side, and flung it head over heels and into the water.

[Reactions?]

Your OC is now trapped in a storm, with their boat slowly being destroyed by the waves, all while the mountain of Fort Drake glows in the distance, it's draconic face almost seeming to watch your OC, wondering what they will do next.

What will they do next? Will they try to salvage the ship and continue their journey? Or something else?

After the events of The Challenger , Chill, River and any other OCs set out from Ponyville to begin the journey to Fort Drake, to begin training under General Drake.

But the journey to a man who could tame dragons with nothing but his own wits and strength was not going to be an easy one.

Several days after their journey began, they reached the sea that bordered Equestria. Fort Drake sat well beyond.

"Heading for Fort Drake?" a serpentine captain asked, already perched on a ship perfect for travel.

"Yeah, heading to Fort Drake to get some training done." Chill said with a grin.

"Well, ya came to the right place," the sea captain replied, lowering the gangplank for them. "Fair warning: Fort Drake ain't yer usual mountain for climbing. It tests ya, see? Let's Drake know just how much ya want to learn from him."

"How much I want to learn..." Chill crossed his arms and rubbed his chin, "Well, interesting, I'll ace this test, trust me."

With his peace said, the sea captain got your OCs settled, then they casted off.

It was a beautiful day for sailing. Water was crystal blue, and there wasn't a cloud in the sky.

At least at first. Before long, black storm clouds surged from behind Fort Drake, looming over your OCs ship.

Chill sighed and summoned his stand before handing High Waves one bit. "You won the bet, this isn't going to be easy after all."

"Prove that I am resourceful, eh?" He then looked to his stand, "Uh... Just... Disappear, I guess." And like that, High Waves vanished.

Before they could ponder it too much, the storm hit.

Fifty foot waves began to crash across the deck. Lightning smashed into the side of the boat, ripping it to shreds.

When your OC went to look for the captain, he was gone. The wheel stood pilot-less.

"OH COME ON!" Chill exclaimed, rushing to the wheel and trying to steer it.

Your OC likely tried to guide the ship through the storm, but a rogue wave caught the ship by the side, and flung it head over heels and into the water.

"OH, GREAT HEAVENS!"

Your OC is now trapped in a storm, with their boat slowly being destroyed by the waves, all while the mountain of Fort Drake glows in the distance, its draconic face almost seeming to watch your OC, wondering what they will do next.

Chill looked at the mountain then back at the sinking ship. An idea sprung into his mind as he moved quickly on his feet, he dove deep underwater to try and salvage the ship. He took out the Horny Sealing Sword and split the rope that held the sails in two. He then grabbed the rope and cut the mast off, since the mast was made out of wood, it began to float. And as it floated to the surface, Chill wrapped the rope around the mast and his right hand tightly. The ship was barely above water and was sinking at a rapid pace, he crawled his way back on the ship and balanced himself.

Chill looked at the hand which was connected to the mast with rope before sighing, "I hope this works..." He then pulled on the mast and began to spin it around and around, looking directly at Fort Drake. With a yell, he threw the mast towards the fort and since he was attached to the mast by rope, he took off as well like a bootleg Thor.

As Chill flew, he went over waves and pushed through the storm, however, his plan couldn't go well for long as a massive wave over 100ft towered over him. Chill growled and pulled on the mast with his hand, making the mast go back to him, Chill maneuvered himself to stand on the mast like a skateboard and was still "flying". As the wave went down towards him, he clenched his fist tight and looked at the monster of a wave. He readied a punch as it came down...

"MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT!!" He yelled and threw the punch...

(Bro where do I go from here, take over fam)

JNKing
Group Admin

"MAMA SAID KNOCK YOU OUT!!" He yelled and threw the punch, and blasted right through the water to a fresh shoreline.

Crisp white sands led up to shady palm trees. Fort Drake loomed high above, but Chill had made it to the base.

Applause sounded behind him, and when Chill turned, he found Jackknife applauding him. With a start, Chill realized that Jackknife had also been the sea captain.

"Nice job, brah," Jackknife said with a grin. "Love what ya did wid de mast. Made ya look like Thor." He motioned upward. "He's waiting for ya. One test is complete; just got four more to go. I believe in ya, man."

[Chill's response]

Chill began to climb. However, as he climbed, he found passages into the mountain. An arrow pointed inside, along with a message:

Prove you are determined...

[Reaction]

Inside the cavern, Chill found [insert his idea of paradise; his greatest dreams, his deepest desires. Anything he could ever possibly want]

An attendant walked up to him, they looked like [His idea of pure beauty].

"Welcome to Fort Drake," they said. "We hope your stay here is wonderful. Would you like a shower? Something to eat? Something to drink?" As they asked, Chill saw a warm bath being drawn, and tables pop up with his favorite foods and drinks. "Whatever you like can be yours."

[Chill's response?]

As he was tempted, he saw stairs leading up. A picture of Fort Drake was emblazoned next to the stairs, with the stone dragon still watching him. Testing him.

Can Chill resist the temptations within the cavern?

Crisp white sands led up to shady palm trees. Fort Drake loomed high above, but Chill had made it to the base.

Applause sounded behind him, and when Chill turned, he found Jackknife applauding him. With a start, Chill realized that Jackknife had also been the sea captain.

"Nice job, brah," Jackknife said with a grin. "Love what ya did wid de mast. Made ya look like Thor." He motioned upward. "He's waiting for ya. One test is complete; just got four more to go. I believe in ya, man."

Chill wiped the sweat from his forehead and shook off the water on his body, "Thanks man, you're the best."

Chill began to climb. However, as he climbed, he found passages into the mountain. An arrow pointed inside, along with a message:

"Determined? Heh, I am the definition of determined, I got that dog in me!" Chill beat his chest like an ape before he headed in.

Inside the cavern, Chill found himself in a house, it held many photos of his family and memories passed along, he also saw many dogs ranging from huskies to poodles, and he also heard a song.

An attendant walked up to him, they appeared to be female and wore a red sweater with blue jeans, they had brown hair and tan skin with eyes that mirrored Chill's - brown.

"Welcome to Fort Drake, my name is Petra," she said. "We hope your stay here is wonderful. Would you like a shower? Something to eat? Something to drink?" As Petra asked, Chill saw a warm bath being drawn, and tables pop up with his favorite foods and drinks. "Whatever you like can be yours."

"I, uh..." Chill said as he looked at Petra's beautiful eyes.

As he was tempted, he saw stairs leading up. A picture of Fort Drake was emblazoned next to the stairs, with the stone dragon still watching him. Testing him.

Can Chill resist the temptations within the cavern?

A small tear formed on Chill's eyes, "...I've waited for this moment, y'know?" He muttered, "I've waited for so long, to have someone beautiful by my side. This house is my dream house... A huge pack of dogs, a wonderful woman... I know this is a test, and I know it isn't real." He crossed his arms and looked at the stairs, "I just want someone to hold me, y'know? I want someone to hug me and say everything is going to be alright, that I'm okay and then watch some movies with our dogs lying down with us... But it'll never happen. Never..."

Chill dragged his feet to the stairs and didn't look back at the attendant, he knew what he must do, and he knew it was all fake...

...But that didn't stop it from hurting.

JNKing
Group Admin

A small tear formed on Chill's eyes, "...I've waited for this moment, y'know?" He muttered, "I've waited for so long, to have someone beautiful by my side. This house is my dream house... A huge pack of dogs, a wonderful woman... I know this is a test, and I know it isn't real." He crossed his arms and looked at the stairs, "I just want someone to hold me, y'know? I want someone to hug me and say everything is going to be alright, that I'm okay and then watch some movies with our dogs lying down with us... But it'll never happen. Never..."

Chill dragged his feet to the stairs and didn't look back at the attendant, he knew what he must do, and he knew it was all fake...

...But that didn't stop it from hurting.

"You shouldn't say never."

Chill looked up. He had reached the top of the stairs, and Diamondback was standing next to him. She gave him a kind pat on the shoulder.

"Good things will come to those determined enough to seek them out," she said, looking back down. "That test may have been a dream... but I believe you'll be able to make it a reality one day. As long as you are patient... and as determined as you proved to be right now."

[Chill's response?]

Diamondback urged him further up. "Two tests down, three to go. You can do this, Chill."

Chill found himself almost at the top of the mountain: He was right underneath the chin of the Stone Dragon that made up Fort Drake. But the neck was made of smooth marble; an impossible climb.

And emblazoned right in front of Chill was another message.

Prove you are versatile...

An arrow pointed to a lasso, and after taking the lasso, Chill saw another arrow pointing up... just as a squawk reached his ears.

[Reaction to the squawk?]

Chill looked up to see Swift getting thrown out of a nest.

"Why do you guys do this to me!?" Swift was complaining. "I know for a fact that he's going to be rough with me! I know it!" He watched Chill warily. "Don't you try and pull any of my feathers out, man! I just got them preened!"

If Chill asked what he meant, Swift would sigh. "The test isn't obvious? You have to catch me and ride me to the fourth test! Wait, that sounded..." He balked. "Uh, oh." He then tried to flee, only for the storm clouds from Jackknife's test to force Swift back. "Aw, this isn't fair!"

How would Chill catch Swift and ride him?

(Pause, though!)

"You shouldn't say never."

Chill looked up. He had reached the top of the stairs, and Diamondback was standing next to him. She gave him a kind pat on the shoulder.

"Good things will come to those determined enough to seek them out," she said, looking back down. "That test may have been a dream... but I believe you'll be able to make it a reality one day. As long as you are patient... and as determined as you proved to be right now."

Chill simply nodded and didn't say a word.

Diamondback urged him further up. "Two tests down, three to go. You can do this, Chill."

Chill found himself almost at the top of the mountain: He was right underneath the chin of the Stone Dragon that made up Fort Drake. But the neck was made of smooth marble; an impossible climb.

And emblazoned right in front of Chill was another message.

Prove you are versatile...

An arrow pointed to a lasso, and after taking the lasso, Chill saw another arrow pointing up... just as a squawk reached his ears.

"Oh no." Chill winced as he realized what he's gonna do.

Chill looked up to see Swift getting thrown out of a nest.

"Why do you guys do this to me!?" Swift was complaining. "I know for a fact that he's going to be rough with me! I know it!" He watched Chill warily. "Don't you try and pull any of my feathers out, man! I just got them preened!"

If Chill asked what he meant, Swift would sigh. "The test isn't obvious? You have to catch me and ride me to the fourth test! Wait, that sounded..." He balked. "Uh, oh." He then tried to flee, only for the storm clouds from Jackknife's test to force Swift back. "Aw, this isn't fair!"

"Okay, first, say pause. Say it right now." Chill said, squinting his eyes.

[Response]

"Alright, I don't want to do this to you. But I gotta do it." Chill slowly but calmly took a step towards Swift. "Now, you mentioned how you don't want your feathers pulled out. I might have to get a little rough if ya know what I'm saying."

[Response]

Chill laughed, "Don't act coy, you know what I mean. You're quite mature for your age." He smiled eerily, "We can do it easy, just let me get on your back and you fly me to the destination. Or we can go hard and I pull your feathers and choke you beforr riding you to the location." He looked at Swift in his eyes. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, the choice is yours..."

Inspired by

And trust me, mans is acting, trying to trick Swift into submission.

I really want to add my own input to this, but there's a post I gotta make first.

JNKing
Group Admin

Inspired by

And trust me, mans is acting, trying to trick Swift into submission.

:rainbowlaugh: That is way more funnier than it probably should it. :twilightsheepish: Either way, great reference. 👍

"Okay, first, say pause. Say it right now." Chill said, squinting his eyes.

"Pause!" Swift said. "Huge pause!"

"Alright. Now, I don't want to do this to you. But I gotta do it." Chill slowly but calmly took a step towards Swift, even as Swift stepped back. "Now, you mentioned how you don't want your feathers pulled out. I might have to get a little rough if ya know what I'm saying."

Swift shuddered, his feathers fluffing up like a cockatoo.

Chill laughed, "Don't act coy, you know what I mean. You're quite mature for your age." He smiled eerily, "We can do it easy, just let me get on your back and you fly me to the destination. Or we can go hard and I pull your feathers and choke you before riding you to the location." He looked at Swift in his eyes. "We can do this the easy way, or the hard way, the choice is yours..."

Swift whimpered in utter fright. "I hate you so much right now, Drake," he moaned, before turning invisible.

"Okay, see I see you choosin de hard way!" Chill likely noted, before [I think] using High Waves to find Swift. Because since Stands can become invisible, I imagine they can also find invisible bird dragons.

[If not, insert how Chill would find Swift and wrestle him into submission.]

One screech filled fight later [insert if ya like], Chill had Swift on the ground, choked out with the lasso shifting into reigns.

"Okay-okay!" Swift got out. "You got me! Ow! You proved you're the warrior!" He groaned, pulling himself up and smoothing his feathers out. "Ugh, I can't wait until my shift's over."

With that, he launched into the air and flew straight for the Stone Dragon. It's eyes watched Chill appraisingly as he approached, with Swift heading right for the dragon's mouth.

On top of the stone dragon was Blaze, who watched Chill with a grin.

"Second to last test, Chill," she called, as she began to light up. "

PROVE YOURSELF PASSIONATE!"

Her scales lit up with a blinding light.

Swift went right for the light, even as it seared into Chill's eyes and burned his skin.

"Want me to stop?" Swift offered. "Drake's right on the other side of Blaze, but if it's too much for you..."

[Chill's response?]

Can Chill take the heat?

JNKing
Group Admin

Course. Whenever you're ready, this post will be waiting for you. :twilightsmile:

"Okay, see I see you choosin de hard way!" Chill likely noted, before [I think] using High Waves to find Swift. Because since Stands can become invisible, I imagine they can also find invisible bird dragons.

[If not, insert how Chill would find Swift and wrestle him into submission.]

Ahem, I'll tell you how he'd find Swift latet, 'cause I'm lazy.

One screech filled fight later, Chill had Swift on the ground, choked out with the lasso shifting into reigns.

"Okay-okay!" Swift got out. "You got me! Ow! You proved you're the warrior!" He groaned, pulling himself up and smoothing his feathers out. "Ugh, I can't wait until my shift's over."

With that, he launched into the air and flew straight for the Stone Dragon. It's eyes watched Chill appraisingly as he approached, with Swift heading right for the dragon's mouth.

On top of the stone dragon was Blaze, who watched Chill with a grin.

"Second to last test, Chill," she called, as she began to light up. "

PROVE YOURSELF PASSIONATE!"

Her scales lit up with a blinding light.

Swift went right for the light, even as it seared into Chill's eyes and burned his skin.

"Want me to stop?" Swift offered. "Drake's right on the other side of Blaze, but if it's too much for you..."

Chill "looked" down at Swift and simply said, "Easy way or hard way?"

[Response?]

And Chill and Swift flew forth...

JNKing
Group Admin

Don't forget to hit reply, please. 👍

Swift's feathers fluffed. "Easy," he asked, before continuing forward.

And Chill and Swift flew forth... and right up to a throne that was made to look like a dragon.

Swift set Chill on the ground, and backed up next to Blaze, who offered Swift some popcorn.

On that throne was General Drake himself, meditating. His eyes opened, regarding Chill.

"So," Drake mused, rising up. "You've passed all my dragon's tests. You're resourceful, determined, versatile, and passionate."

[Chill's response?]

"All fine qualities for a Dragon Rider," Drake said with a grin. Though his grin faded. "Though... when not tempered with humility, they can also be the seeds for a Rider that will become a villain rather than a hero." He fixed Chill with a fiery glare, revealing how Drake's eyes had literal fire in them.

"How do I know you won't use my knowledge to become a villain?"

[Chill's response?]

Don't forget to hit reply, please. 👍

I don't know what you talkin' about, I did.
(In actuality, I'm so fucking sorry, mobile sucks sometimes)

Swift's feathers fluffed. "Easy," he asked, before continuing forward.

And Chill and Swift flew forth... and right up to a throne that was made to look like a dragon.

Swift set Chill on the ground, and backed up next to Blaze, who offered Swift some popcorn.

On that throne was General Drake himself, meditating. His eyes opened, regarding Chill.

"So," Drake mused, rising up. "You've passed all my dragon's tests. You're resourceful, determined, versatile, and passionate."

Chill was facing the other way from Drake, "Indeed... Where are you? I can't see you, my eyes are getting adjusted."

[Response]

"Oh, thanks," Chill said, turning back to Drake. "Yeah, I'm built different, so what?"

"All fine qualities for a Dragon Rider," Drake said with a grin. Though his grin faded. "Though... when not tempered with humility, they can also be the seeds for a Rider that will become a villain rather than a hero." He fixed Chill with a fiery glare, revealing how Drake's eyes had literal fire in them.

Chill put his hands on his hips and hummed, "Honestly, you make a valid point. I mean, I've been humiliated, beaten down, nearly clapped by Chimera and Antenna, I've died and I'm lonely. All of those point to a villain that could be made. I even have a stand that makes me even stronger, so, even if I turned into a villain, I'd be a strong one." He then raised a finger.

"However, I'm not a villain despite all of this. Despite the Ls I've been force-fed, despite the embarrassment I faced, despite being clowned on by many people, and despite having a power that no one has, I could stop time and nobody would know, and yet I'm not a villain. If I ever became a villain know this, there are plenty of people that could stomp me. Aura, Thanos, Kyan, Shiva, all of them! I've come to accept that I'm not the strongest, but that won't stop me from being the greatest."

[Reaction?]

JNKing
Group Admin

(In actuality, I'm so fucking sorry, mobile sucks sometimes)

All good; just wanted to let you know I would've replied sooner. Anyway...

Chill was facing the other way from Drake, "Indeed... Where are you? I can't see you, my eyes are getting adjusted."

"Give it a moment," Drake replied, as Blaze came forward, her scales dimmed and her providing some some eye drops, helping Chill's eyes re-adjust.

"Oh, thanks," Chill said, turning back to Drake. "Yeah, I'm built different, so what?"

Chill put his hands on his hips and hummed, "Honestly, you make a valid point. I mean, I've been humiliated, beaten down, nearly clapped by Chimera and Antenna, I've died and I'm lonely. All of those point to a villain that could be made. I even have a stand that makes me even stronger, so, even if I turned into a villain, I'd be a strong one."

Drake nodded, even as he cracked his knuckles. Just before Drake could rush at Chill, he then raised a finger.

"However, I'm not a villain despite all of this. Despite the Ls I've been force-fed, despite the embarrassment I faced, despite being clowned on by many people, and despite having a power that no one has - I could stop time and nobody would know..."

"Oh, you can do that too?" Drake mused. "Tiid Klo UI"

Drake suddenly vanished from his throne. And if Chill used High Waves to stop time, he'd find Drake standing beside a frozen Blaze and Swift.

"I'm sorry, I interrupted you, didn't I?" Drake noted. "Please, keep going."

"...and yet I'm not a villain. If I ever became a villain know this: there are plenty of people that could stomp me. Aura, Thanos, Kyan, Shiva..."

"And myself," Drake added, before launching forward.

Before Chill could react, Drake had him on his back, and Chill's limbs weren't working. Add to that, High Waves was out cold, and the time dilation effect was gone. Both from High Waves and from Drake's Dragon Shout.

"While the others may be able to stop you," Drake said, kneeling down next to Chill. "I personally will not rest if you use what I teach you for selfish or cruel intentions. As your teacher, I'm responsible for the knowledge I impart on others. That includes how others utilize it. And if you intend on using it just to prove you're the strongest..."

"I've come to accept that I'm not the strongest," Chill replied. "But that won't stop me from being the greatest."

Drake grinned. "It won't indeed," he replied, before tapping a nerve on Chill's neck. Feeling returned to his body, and Drake hoisted him back up. "Welcome to the Riders of Drake," he said, leading him past the throne room to a training arena.

River was there as well, along with any other OCs that had passed the test.

"Yo, Chill, my man!" River called. "So glad you could make it."

Drake nodded. "Let's begin."

Awesome work, my friend. :pinkiehappy: 👍

Awesome work, my friend. :pinkiehappy: 👍

Thanks, also, how did you like the quote: "I've come to accept that I'm not the strongest. But, that won't stop me from becoming the greatest."

JNKing
Group Admin

how did you like the quote

I really liked that. Shows how greatness doesn't just come from physical strength. And the fact that Chill knows that is a really great tie into his character and why Drake is willing to trust him.

Very nice quote. 👍

I really liked that. Shows how greatness doesn't just come from physical strength. And the fact that Chill knows that is a really great tie into his character and why Drake is willing to trust him.

It also sounds like a quote from Muhammad Ali, which makes it even more awesome.

JNKing
Group Admin

Heck yeah it does. :twilightsmile:

Well, never mind about the post I was gonna make. My phone rebooted while I was in the middle of it, and I didn't want to start all the way over, so here's a summary of it:

1. Kina, Torrent Blast, and Helix have Leroy meet up with them
  2. They give him a Soothe Bell to help him "find his inner peace" (while in reality it was meant to help him evolve by making it easier to befriend others)
  3. He doesn't understand and thinks it's stupid
  4. Something darts by, causing Kina to have a terrified look
  5. They explain that they felt an intense, dangerous aura of pure rage
  6. Helix and Kina get a message from Twilight Sparkle warning everyone of a great red monster rampaging in Equestria, first seen in Canterlot, last seen (by Helix, who trained his eyes on it after reading the message) heading towards the cave Riverstone fled into. The message warns all creatures to stay away if they see it.
  7. Helix advises Leroy to heed Twilight's warning, but also says to run away if he disobeys and things go wrong
  8. Late that night, Leroy disobeys and things go wrong, so he utilizes the Joestar family secret technique
  9. Next morning, an OC finds Leroy stumbling into Canterlot/Ponyville (whichever is closer to the cave), bruised and catching his breath
  10. Turns out he wasn't hurt by the beast, but by tripping and falling down the mountain as he ran away
  11. He explains he tried punching the monster (which looked like a red slime dragon), but it didn't work (kind of like that old movie Shorts when the boy attempted to strike the goo monster) so he fled as it roared at him
  12. The monster returns and the OC tries to help fight it, but every attack only seems to make it angrier and stronger
  13. Eventually, Torrent Blast, Cosmic Crest, and [OCs who are good at lifting spirits of and calming things down] arrive, and manage to quell the beast, who becomes smaller and disappears into Cosmic like the Tantabus into Luna
  14. It's explained that Cosmic had a tendency to conceal his negative emotions in containers akin to Starlight Glimmer when Trixie upset her after teleporting the map away, but the anger in particular built up so much that it broke out and became a monster
  15. Cosmic learns not to bottle up his emotions, literally and metaphorically
  16. Leroy figures that since he wasn't ready to fight an emotion monster, he needed more training

Also, it was inspired by the FiM episode "All Bottled Up" (in case it wasn't obvious) and by Pokemon the Movie: Kyurem Vs. the Sword of Justice. Speaking of the latter, if you have the Pokemon TV app, this is the last day you can watch said movie on there. It's a good movie if you like the story of the three musketeers.

JNKing
Group Admin

My phone rebooted while I was in the middle of it,

:fluttershbad: I hate when that happens. Sorry man.

The summary is really fantastic, though; really sounds like it was quite the adventure:

1. Helix advises Leroy to heed Twilight's warning, but also says to run away if he disobeys and things go wrong

:rainbowlaugh: So, like, he knew Leroy would probably disobey, and so gave him the tactics he'd need to survive. That is just perfect. 👍

And here's the rest with my OC:Next morning, Lizzie finds Leroy stumbling into Ponyville (whichever is closer to the cave), bruised and catching his breath. She gets very interested in what happened. Turns out he wasn't hurt by the beast, but by tripping and falling down the mountain as he ran awayHe explains he tried punching the monster (which looked like a red slime dragon), but it didn't work (kind of like that old movie Shortswhen the boy attempted to strike the goo monster) so he fled as it roared at himThe monster returns and Lizzie tries to help fight it, but every attack only seems to make it angrier and stronger.Eventually, Torrent Blast, Cosmic Crest, and Celine arrive, and manage to quell the beast, who becomes smaller and disappears into Cosmic like the Tantabus into LunaIt's explained that Cosmic had a tendency to conceal his negative emotions in containers akin to Starlight Glimmer when Trixie upset her after teleporting the map away, but the anger in particular built up so much that it broke out and became a monsterCosmic learns not to bottle up his emotions, literally and metaphoricallyLeroy figures that since he wasn't ready to fight an emotion monster, he needed more trainingWhich in turns leads him to Drake? Cool.

By the way, I didn't like the tests that Swift and Drake gave Chill, so if you were going off of Chill-Author's posts, I was going to make a change with whoever wanted to run the journey again, like say, Leroy for example:

See, instead of capturing Swift and making him fly up, the test Leroy would face would be 'prove you are compassionate' and trying to tame Swift through kindness rather than force.

And also, when meeting with Drake, I thought of having Drake's test be 'Prove you are humble' by having Drake overpower Leroy, and Swift hesitantly asking if he should help. If Leroy allows Swift to help, or refuses on the grounds that he doesn't want Swift to get hurt for him, it shows his nobility and humility, proving to Drake that they would be excellent students.

Your thoughts?

Speaking of the latter, if you have the Pokemon TV app, this is the last day you can watch said movie on there.

Thanks for the recommendation. Though, thanks to my work, I'm pretty sure I missed the deadline. Either way, I can still look it up; it sounds like it would be quite the adventure. :twilightsmile:

Your thoughts?

That's a pretty fair change, but I was also initially going to have Leroy put a twist of his own on the challenge with Swift where he didn't use the lasso at all, instead pulling a Mario 64/Wario Land/DKC and grabbing Swift by the legs to fly up. I can make do with the new changes, though.

thanks to my work, I'm pretty sure I missed the deadline

Actually, I stand corrected; today was the real last day you could see the movie on the app. Anyway...

Chill, River and Leroy set out from Ponyville to begin the journey to Fort Drake, to begin training under General Drake. Kina was against the idea of Leroy going to train under such a strict teacher as Drake, but they understood that his stubbornness and recklessness would make him push ahead instead, like Keldeo did while the Swords of Justice were asleep in the aforementioned Pokemon movie I recommended.

Leroy grinned. "Most of the Pokemon regions I know have some sort of Victory Road. If Fort Drake will help me become the greatest Riolu I can be, then the path leading there will be my Victory Road!" (I've decided to put the translations for Leroy's Riolu noises in gray like it is here, so it'll save me some writing and you some reading.)

"Each test before me is another rung on the ladder to bettering myself." Leroy ran up the gangplank. "I will prove to my mentor that I have what it takes to be the next Aura Master!"

Leroy crossed his arms. "I knew it wouldn't be that easy. It's time to brave this storm!"

"Resourceful..." Taking the advice literally, Leroy began to search around the ship before the storm hit.

Despite the chaos going on around him, Leroy managed to stay standing. As the ship tilted to one side, Leroy raced to the other side... and a look of confidence shone on his face as he got an idea, glancing between two specific objects.

Putting his idea to the test, he made his way to the mast and clung to the sail. With some help from debris flying past, he tore off a sizable chunk of it. Then he jumped down and landed on a rolling barrel, not even doing a double take when he noticed the absence of the captain at the wheel.

Using a sharp plank, Leroy pried open one side of the barrel and jumped in before closing it from inside, at which point he took a deep breath and tied the chunk of cloth from the sail around his muzzle.

And as the ship was tossed, Leroy rolled out and into the stormy sea.

Being such a small Pokemon, he had enough room to walk or run while in the sideways barrel, so with Quick Attack, he rolled the barrel with enough speed to dive under the water and slowly move towards Fort Drake.

JNKing
Group Admin

I can make do with the new changes, though.

Cool. And I can work with Leroy's twist as well.

thanks to my work, I'm pretty sure I missed the deadline

Actually, I stand corrected; today was the real last day you could see the movie on the app.

Oh, neat. :raritystarry:

Anyway...

Before long, he reached the shores of the island Fort Drake was situated on: the mountain loomed above him, and a passage sat ready for him.

[Reaction to reaching the shore?]

As Leroy climbed out of his barrel, he heard applause. Turning, he saw Jackknife - looking like a Gyarados - cheering him on.

"Way to go, big guy," Jackknife praised. "One challenge down... four to go!"

[Any response?]

Leroy began to climb. However, as he climbed, he found passages into the mountain. An arrow pointed inside, along with a message:

[Reaction]

Inside the cavern, Leroy found [insert his idea of paradise; his greatest dreams, his deepest desires. Anything he could ever possibly want]

An attendant walked up to him, they looked like [His idea of pure beauty].

"Welcome to Fort Drake," they said. "We hope your stay here is wonderful. Would you like a shower? Something to eat? Something to drink?" As they asked, Chill saw a warm bath being drawn, and tables pop up with his favorite foods and drinks. "Whatever you like can be yours."

[Leroy's response?]

Even though he was tempted, he saw stairs leading up. A picture of Fort Drake was emblazoned next to the stairs, with the stone dragon watching him. Testing him.

Can Leroy resist the temptations within the cavern?

Before long, he reached the shores of the island Fort Drake was situated on: the mountain loomed above him, and a passage sat ready for him.

The water draining from his barrel, Leroy smiled behind his makeshift mask/bandanna as he peeked through the slits between the boards that made up the barrel.

Kicking out the circular side of the barrel, he got out, removing his cloth and getting two lungfuls of fresh air after holding his breath for so long, when he heard applause. Turning, he saw Jackknife - looking like a Gyarados - cheering him on.

"Way to go, big guy," Jackknife praised. "One challenge down... four to go!"

"Five challenges, huh..." Leroy said as he let the warm sand dry him off. "This isn't just Victory Road; it's Victory Road and the Pokemon League combined! But I got a feeling the next challenges won't be as simple as learning Dive and remembering type advantages at the same time; they'll definitely be more complicated..."

He got up and brushed off the sand before climbing up the mountain.

However, as he climbed, he found passages into the mountain. An arrow pointed inside, along with a message:

Leroy looked down. "Normally I'd consider a challenge involving determination a breeze... but considering how tough the last one was, I need to keep a cool head for this." With that, he entered the passageway.

Inside the cavern, he found a perfect replica of the back chamber (the top screenshot of the image below) of the Sinnoh region's Hall of Fame.

Standing near the exit of the room was Cynthia, tending to her team of Pokemon that were all fainted.

An attendant walked up to Leroy, she looked like a Shiny Mega Gardevoir.

:rainbowhuh:Uhh, first of all... You copy–pasted this, didn't you? And second of all...

Leroy was in awe. "This... This is what I have been dreaming of all my life. But..." He shook his head. "It's all fake. I never even met Cynthia, let alone beat her team. You can't fool me with these lies! Even though you got everything right: the statues, the Hall of Fame machine..."

As he pointed out the details, though, a look of dawning realization formed on his face.

"...a lack of company I feel free to share my joy with after I achieved my dream of becoming the greatest?" Leroy sat down on the spot, observing the Soothe Bell tied around his neck. "Is... this what they were talking about when they said stuff about inner peace? Kind of like that skeleton guy from that video game would say, I gained LOVE, but I never gained—no, I never earned or gave love? Even as I stand here... I don't feel at peace with myself. Because... I feel alone?"

Leroy pushed past the attendant, tears poking at his eyes as he approached the stairs.

"I guess... my dream isn't just to beat Cynthia after all. Even if I sweep her team in no time flat... what use is being the greatest Riolu if people hate me or vice versa? Maybe... what I really want is to have someone I have a bond with, but why...? Whatever the why is, I'll find out eventually if I just keep moving forward."

JNKing
Group Admin

You copy–pasted this, didn't you?

:twilightsheepish: Yeeeaaah. Sorry, got lazy with it.

Won't do that again.

"I guess... my dream isn't just to beat Cynthia after all. Even if I sweep her team in no time flat... what use is being the greatest Riolu if people hate me or vice versa? Maybe... what I really want is to have someone I have a bond with, but why...? Whatever the why is, I'll find out eventually if I just keep moving forward."

As he moved forward, Diamondback watched him go.

"That bond may come sooner than you think, little one," she mused quietly.

Leroy soon found himself almost at the top of the mountain: He was right underneath the chin of the Stone Dragon that made up Fort Drake. But the neck was made of smooth marble; an impossible climb.

And emblazoned right in front of Leroy was another message.

Prove yourself compassionate...

An arrow pointed to the right of the sign, revealing a nest with a sleeping Swift in it.

[Reaction?]

However, when Leroy approached...

(I wanted to find a gif for Rescuers Down Under, when the eagle Marahute gets scared by Cody, but ultimately, I went with a Youtube video. The part where Swift reacts similarly to Marahute is 0:21 to 0:26)

Also, due to Swift not being tied up, he's able to dart away from Leroy, settling onto the cliff as he watched Leroy with a very nervous air.

If Leroy acted aggressively or intimidating, Swift's wings would flare open. And if scared further, Swift would burst into wind... only to appear again behind Leroy, still a fair distance away, but also giving Leroy a chance to try and earn his trust again.

And, of course, if Leroy acted friendly to Swift, Swift would carefully approach him, and eventually let Leroy either ride him, or hang onto his talons as he carried him up higher.

How would Leroy earn Swift's trust, and maybe even start a bond with the air dragon?

Leroy soon found himself almost at the top of the mountain: He was right underneath the chin of the Stone Dragon that made up Fort Drake. But the neck was made of smooth marble; an impossible climb.

And emblazoned right in front of Leroy was another message.

Prove yourself compassionate...

An arrow pointed to the right of the sign, revealing a nest with a sleeping Swift in it.

That creature... Leroy thought. Maybe it can Fly me up there?

However, when Leroy approached...

Due to Swift not being tied up, he's able to dart away from Leroy, settling onto the cliff as he watched Leroy with a very nervous air.

The appendages on Leroy's head twitched as he watched Swift, seeing something that most creatures can't see. "Those waves of aura..." he muttered to himself. "They're signs that it's afraid. I can understand why..." He looked down at his paws. "I'm a complete stranger, and a feisty one to boot. He has every right not to trust me."

Leroy took off his satchel, which Kina had given him to hold the items they wanted him to bring, and opened it. He reached inside and took out the contents: a portable computer, a case of DVDs, and an empty bottle of water.

"I don't even have anything to offer. I already drank all the water and ate all the food they gave me to hold me over until I made it..." He turned the satchel upside-down and shook it, but nothing else came out except for some bread crumbs and leftover pieces of trail mix. "...which leaves virtually nothing. I shouldn't have been so greedy with my food!"

JNKing
Group Admin

"I don't even have anything to offer. I already drank all the water and ate all the food they gave me to hold me over until I made it..." He turned the satchel upside-down and shook it, but nothing else came out except for some bread crumbs and leftover pieces of trail mix. "...which leaves virtually nothing. I shouldn't have been so greedy with my food!"

Despite his worries, Swift actually took interest in the leftover crumbs and trail mix, hesitantly moving towards them before looking at Leroy carefully, almost asking if he didn't mind sharing.

[Leroy's response?]

If Leroy offered the bread crumbs and trail mix, Swift would eat them, and visibly relax around Leroy, letting him pet him and even either climb onto his back or grip his talons.

"You're looking for General Drake, right?" Swift asked, speaking in Riolu as well. "I can take him to you... if you want."

[Leroy's response?]

If Leroy agreed, Swift would carry him up to the top of the mountain. There, they would find Blaze waiting for them.

"You're almost there, kid," Blaze called, as her scales began to light up. "Just prove yourself...

PASSIONATE!

She then lit up like a second sun.

The sun-like dragon hurt to look at, and Leroy could feel the heat, almost like he was facing down an attack from the strongest fire pokemon he had ever seen.

"Do you want me to go back?" Swift asked. "I understand if this is too much for you."

However, Leroy could feel eyes on him. If he backed down now, he would likely not be allowed to train.

Can he take the heat?

Despite his worries, Swift actually took interest in the leftover crumbs and trail mix, hesitantly moving towards them before looking at Leroy carefully, almost asking if he didn't mind sharing.

"You... want this?" Leroy asked, even though he thought Swift couldn't understand him because he didn't look like any Pokemon Leroy had heard of. "Even though it's barely anything?" With a small smile, Leroy took a couple of steps back. "Then go ahead. It's all yours."

Leroy watched with nervous curiosity, like a kid looking at an elephant at the zoo, as Swift ate the bread crumbs and trail mix.

As the griffon–dragon hybrid finished eating the food, Leroy cautiously approached him. "I... I don't know if you can understand me, but..." He pointed up at the stone dragon's head. "I want to make my way up there. Your talons look pretty strong, so maybe you could get a grip on me and fly me up there? I'm not real heavy, so it shouldn't be a problem for you."

[Swift's response?]

So Swift grabbed Leroy with his talons and carried him up to the top of the mountain. There, they found Blaze waiting for them.

"You're almost there, kid," Blaze called, as her scales began to light up. "Just prove yourself...

PASSIONATE!

The sun-like dragon hurt to look at, and Leroy could feel the heat, almost like he was facing down an attack from the strongest fire pokemon he had ever seen.

Regardless, despite the intense heat, he had a dangerous grin on his face...

"Throw me."

[Swift's response?]

"I said... THROW ME!:pinkiecrazy:"

JNKing
Group Admin

As the griffon–dragon hybrid finished eating the food, Leroy cautiously approached him. "I... I don't know if you can understand me, but..." He pointed up at the stone dragon's head. "I want to make my way up there. Your talons look pretty strong, so maybe you could get a grip on me and fly me up there? I'm not real heavy, so it shouldn't be a problem for you."

Swift nodded and offered his talons to Leroy.

Leroy grabbed ahold and Swift d carried him up to the top of the mountain. There, they found Blaze waiting for them.

PASSIONATE!

Regardless, despite the intense heat, he had a dangerous grin on his face...

"Throw me."

"W-What?!" Swift demanded.

"I said... THROW ME!:pinkiecrazy:"

Swift looked up, before tossing Leroy into the air and clapping his wings. Leroy shot into the sun... and rolled to a stop on the other side of Blaze.

A throne shaped like a dragon stood before him, perched at the summit of the mountain.

And sitting on it was General Drake himself. His eyes opened - colored like literal fire.

"So," Drake mused. "Another has come to prove their worth." He stood. "And you've done quite a job already, haven't you?" He stepped down from the throne. "You've proven yourself resourceful, determined, compassionate and passionate." He stepped closer as Swift landed nearby. "But... one last thing I gotta know." He formed a fighting stance.

[Leroy's response?]

Shortly afterward, Drake engaged Leroy in battle. But despite Leroy's [insert attacks], Drake dodged and weaved through his attacks seamlessly, before hitting Leroy on a nerve point that took out one of his arms - leaving him unable to move the arm. Like Ty Lee from Avatar.

"Um..." Swift called out. "Do you need help?"

Drake gave Leroy an intrigued look before taking out another one of his arms.

Leroy could feel another test; did he show humility by asking Swift to help him, or try to defeat Drake, who had already taken out both his arms with simple rabbit punches to his nerves?

"So," Drake mused. "Another has come to prove their worth." He stood. "And you've done quite a job already, haven't you?" He stepped down from the throne. "You've proven yourself resourceful, determined, compassionate and passionate." He stepped closer as Swift landed nearby. "But... one last thing I gotta know." He formed a fighting stance.

Leroy stared at Drake with a neutral expression for several seconds, before letting out a resigned sigh. "There is only one way this can end..." His expression became serious. "But that won't stop me from trying! LEEROOOYYYYY!!!"

Shouting his name in eager excitement, Leroy ran and engaged Drake in combat. But despite Leroy's Quick Attack increasing the speed of his punches and kicks, Drake dodged and weaved through his attacks seamlessly, before hitting Leroy on a nerve point that took out one of his arms - leaving him unable to move the arm.

"Um..." Swift called out. "Do you need help?"

Leroy deadpanned at Swift as Drake took out his other arm. "Do you wanna end up like me? You saw what this guy can do! Besides, what's the point in helping out someone..."

He got onto his knees and tried to take the position for dogeza, but since he had no feeling in his arms, he instead fell onto his face like a gunman dying in an Old West movie.

"...who knows he has already lost, and that it is useless to keep fighting. Sir, I yield."

JNKing
Group Admin

Leroy deadpanned at Swift as Drake took out his other arm. "Do you wanna end up like me? You saw what this guy can do!"

"Maybe," Swift admitted. "But... you have kindness in you. It's not right for you to stand alone."

"What's the point in helping out someone..."

He got onto his knees and tried to take the position for dogeza, but since he had no feeling in his arms, he instead fell onto his face like a gunman dying in an Old West movie.

"...who knows he has already lost, and that it is useless to keep fighting. Sir, I yield."

Drake paused, stroking his chin for a moment. "Practical... and humble. Good-good..." He looked back at Swift. "But at the Riders of Drake, fighters do not stand alone. A Dragon and their Rider will always have each other. Swift has looked out for you. So, even if it's useless to keep fighting... will you look out for him?"

Drake then shot at Swift, who tensed up, ready to get hit.

[Leroy's reaction?]

If Leroy jumps to Swift's defense - despite his arms being numb - Drake would dodge, but laugh heartily.

"There's the answer I needed," Drake said, before reactivating the nerves in Leroy's arms, and clapping him on the back with a grin. "Welcome to the Riders of Drake, my young friend." He turned to Swift. "Swift; get our new Rider settled. Tomorrow, his training begins."

"Yes, sir," Swift said, before leading Leroy past the dragon throne and to a training gym, where riders and dragons sparred and trained with each other.

[Leroy's reaction?]

And that's pretty much Leroy completing the journey.

Awesome work. :pinkiehappy: 👍

Drake paused, stroking his chin for a moment. "Practical... and humble. Good-good..." He looked back at Swift. "But at the Riders of Drake, fighters do not stand alone. A Dragon and their Rider will always have each other. Swift has looked out for you. So, even if it's useless to keep fighting... will you look out for him?"

Drake then shot at Swift, who tensed up, ready to get hit.

"...!" But although his arms were out of commission, Leroy was still able to get back on his feet and rushed in front of Swift, ready to take the hit for him.

(I also had the idea of Leroy being more in–character by shoving Swift away like Ness did to protect Lucas in Subspace Emissary, but I didn't think Drake would take too kindly to his dragon being pushed like that.)

"There's the answer I needed," Drake said, before reactivating the nerves in Leroy's arms, and clapping him on the back with a grin. "Welcome to the Riders of Drake, my young friend." He turned to Swift. "Swift; get our new Rider settled. Tomorrow, his training begins."

"Wait, Rider?" Leroy cocked his head to the side. "Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. I never wanted to become a ‘Rider.’ I only came here because I heard that these other guys were heading here to train, and I also wanted to improve so I could face off against and beat the greatest Trainers in the world of Pokemon. That dream changed, though, at the second challenge I faced on my way here. Because I still felt... empty inside, when I wanted to feel accomplished and proud of myself." He shook his head. "I made no friends on my way to becoming the greatest Riolu ever, and that cost me. It felt like being the only person at your own birthday party! I finally understood that what I really want is to form a bond of trust and friendship with others. Physical and emotional strength are all I've been focusing on, while I should've also considered my social strength too."

Leroy turned away.

"If it's all the same to you, sir, I wish to train here some other time. I need to go reconcile with Master Luke—or Kina, as he calls himself now?—and I also need to take some lessons at the School of Friendship. I know I could've turned back at any point to go do that, but I'd rather finish whatever I'm doing if I can help it. I'm not the kind of guy who just leaves stuff unfinished. That's why I continued all the way up here, in case you're wondering."

Dang, I wasn't intending for Leroy to have so much character development so early on! But, hey, I can work with it. He's probably going to be like Starlight Glimmer when she got reformed, not being very experienced at friendship and therefore prone to making mistakes or giving in to his impatience, rashness, etc.

Awesome work.

Thanks!:twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

(I also had the idea of Leroy being more in–character by shoving Swift away like Ness did to protect Lucas in Subspace Emissary, but I didn't think Drake would take too kindly to his dragon being pushed like that.)

Actually, Drake wouldn't have minded; the idea was that Leroy protected Swift just as Swift had helped and tried to protect him. Regardless of whether he tried to take the hit himself or got Swift out of the way, his selflessness would let Drake know that Leroy could be trusted with what Drake had to offer in terms of training.

"Wait, Rider?" Leroy cocked his head to the side. "Sorry, but I don't know what you're talking about. I never wanted to become a ‘Rider.’ I only came here because I heard that these other guys were heading here to train, and I also wanted to improve so I could face off against and beat the greatest Trainers in the world of Pokemon. That dream changed, though, at the second challenge I faced on my way here. Because I still felt... empty inside, when I wanted to feel accomplished and proud of myself." He shook his head. "I made no friends on my way to becoming the greatest Riolu ever, and that cost me. It felt like being the only person at your own birthday party! I finally understood that what I really want is to form a bond of trust and friendship with others. Physical and emotional strength are all I've been focusing on, while I should've also considered my social strength too."

Drake listened and nodded. "You're right to be worried about that. Physical and emotional strength are fine, but without someone to share a strong bond of friendship and camraderie with, your strength will be a poor substitute for friends. That's what the Riders of Drake are about; it's not just about training to become the strongest; it's also about forming a powerful bond with the dragon you are partnered with." He smiled. "From what I've heard, trainers and pokemon are meant to have the same bond that dragons and riders have here." His voice grew gentle. "Would you like to return home and develop your bonds there before you continue your work here?"

Leroy likely nodded and turned away.

"If it's all the same to you, sir, I wish to train here some other time. I need to go reconcile with Master Luke—or Kina, as he calls himself now?—and I also need to take some lessons at the School of Friendship. I know I could've turned back at any point to go do that, but I'd rather finish whatever I'm doing if I can help it. I'm not the kind of guy who just leaves stuff unfinished. That's why I continued all the way up here, in case you're wondering."

Drake smiled. "That's a very good quality to have; finishing what you set out to do." He nodded to Swift. "Swift, change of plans. Take Leroy back to his home." Drake then gave Leroy a small necklace with a whistle on it. "But also know, Leroy, you are welcome back here at any time. Merely blow that whistle when you are ready to return, and Swift will be summoned to transport you. I wish you luck in your endeavors."

And with that, he sent the Riolu off.

Dang, I wasn't intending for Leroy to have so much character development so early on!

Well, I really enjoyed seeing him grow and develop if it helps. I look forward to future posts showing Leroy getting a handle on trying to understand friendship.

And yeah, he'll probably make a lot of mistakes. But I imagine just like how he strove forward to complete the tests of Fort Drake, he'll figure out how to handle friendship as well.

Awesome work.

Thanks!:twilightsmile:

Always happy to share with you guys. :twilightsmile: 👍

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 31