Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,173 stories
Comments ( 304 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 304
JNKing
Group Admin

Cool. ๐Ÿ‘

Comment posted by Ocellus The Changeling deleted Jul 23rd, 2023
Comment posted by The Kelduo deleted Jan 26th, 2023

Also, for Kina, I know this isn't a voice actor, but when both the Luke and Lucina parts of Kina speak together (that is, when Kina's dialogue is in bold), Kina speaks with the Voice of the Legion. Just wanted to clarify since I found out that was the name of the trope.

JNKing
Group Admin

Do you think Shiva and Luke would let this nickname past or would they kill Stormblazer for giving Shiva that nickname?

Considering they don't know Storm Blazer that well (and since Wolf-Honey could be considered a little flirty) I imagine they wouldn't let it slide.

They'd be polite at first, gently but firmly reminding Storm Blazer that Shiva's name is Alpha Shiva. But if he kept doing it, they'd start to get angry.

JNKing
Group Admin

Thanks for the clarification. :twilightsmile:

I was pretty sure that the bold meant that their voices were syncing up to form that trope, but I appreciate the clarification for it regardless. ๐Ÿ‘

Don't worry, Stormblazer will only say and do it once till he, Shiva and Luke form a deep bond.

JNKing
Group Admin

Very good. That's definitely the best way to earn their friendship; by respecting their wishes and treating them as equals. ๐Ÿ‘

For Orion, it has to be Eka Darville who act Scott from Power Ranger RPM since to me. Both Scott and Orion have similar backstories

JNKing
Group Admin

Cool. Whatever works for you.

Also, update for my own characters; I feel that the voice Kimberly Brooks provides for Jasper from Steven Universe would be a good fit for Blaze/Phoenix. What do you guys think?

I think it's a perfect fit.

As for her Flare Knight, her voice is Anna Brisbin - Viola from Bayonetta 3

JNKing
Group Admin

Interesting choice. :raritystarry:

What about Aegis Knight? Who's his voice actor?"

Hard to say.

But once he grows up I imagine that his voice would be Micheal Kovach - N Murder Drones, mainly how innocent and cute he acts.

JNKing
Group Admin

Yeah, that would be a good one.

Though it's funny and very impressive; Michael Kovach was also the voice for Angel Dust in the pilot of Hazbin Hotel.

It's kinda cool how Kovach can be abrasive and rude as Angel, and then innocent and cute as N. Really great vocal range.

He'd made an awesome actor for Aegis.

Thanks for sharing. :pinkiehappy: ๐Ÿ‘

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Yeah, that would work for Blaze/Phoenix since Jasper seemed full of herself. (Through unlike Blaze, Jasper got a Freudian excuse that she adored Pink Diamond and her "death" is what cause her to hate Rose Quartz which is ironically that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond.

For a long time, I think I found a voice actor for Red Shot... Brad Pitt.

Basically, Red Shot is like Speed's Tyler Durden, more charismatic and more handsome than Speed... he views Red Shot as his more sexier alter ego since he always insecure about himself and think of himself as an ugly duckling while Red Shot is more twisted "Beautiful Swan".

Your thought?

For Krystal, she would have two voice actors.

For Krystal young self, before she went through her Dino Dragon-Evolution, she voices by AJ Bridel who voice Pipp from Make your Mark.

But when Krystal gets older and after her Dino Dragon-Evolution, she voices by Estelle.

JNKing
Group Admin

Yeah, that would work for Blaze/Phoenix since Jasper seemed full of herself. (Through unlike Blaze, Jasper got a Freudian excuse that she adored Pink Diamond and her "death" is what cause her to hate Rose Quartz which is ironically that Rose Quartz is Pink Diamond.

Indeed. While Blaze has something a little similar in that she adores Luco, I do agree that Jasper's different in that she didn't know that the Diamond she adored was also her hated enemy. I kinda wish we had gotten more time to develop Jasper's character and see how she handled that, but what we got was okay too.

For a long time, I think I found a voice actor for Red Shot... Brad Pitt.

Oh yeah, Brad Pitt was awesome as Tyler. Though it's shocking to see him that way now, considering I recently saw Brad Pitt's performance as Ladybug in the film Bullet Train.

It's almost shocking how Brad Pitt can pull off being charming but manipulative as Tyler, yet also manage to be quirky and endearing as Ladybug.

He's a great actor, and would do a great job as Red Shot.

JNKing
Group Admin

Good idea having two voice actresses; one for her before her evolution, and the other after.

Estelle also brings a real power to her voice as Garnet, which I feel would work really well to show the scale in power level that Krystal gained through her evolution.

Thanks for sharing. :twilightsmile: ๐Ÿ‘

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

He's a great actor, and would do a great job as Red Shot.

Yup, even Speed admits he wished he have a voice like Red Shot since he sound cooler and more confidence than his own voice.

JNKing
Group Admin

That's the nature of temptation; it makes you think that you'll be better, cooler, smarter, sexier or more powerful with whatever is tempting you.

Though lucky for Speed, Rainbow Dash and Weiss love him the way he is, and he doesn't need to sound cooler or more confident for them to like him. :twilightsmile:

I think I found another possible voice for Cosmic Crest, when he gets a little older: Yuma Kokohead from Master Detective Archives: RAIN CODE.

JNKing
Group Admin

That would be interesting. Very good choice. ๐Ÿ‘

By the way, have you seen the latest Nintendo Direct? I'm pretty pumped that they added Game Boy games to Nintendo Switch Online.

JNKing
Group Admin

I have not, but that sounds really awesome. :raritystarry: Getting to play the Game Boy games on Nintendo Switch...

Too bad I lost my old Game Boy long ago. I had some really fond memories of that thing. :ajsleepy:

The Direct also featured some other interesting stuff, such as a remaster of Metroid Prime, Game Boy Advance games as part of the Nintendo Switch Online expansion pack, Pikmin 4, a detective game that functions a lot like a cross between Ace Attorney and Persona, a new Mario Kart 8 Deluxe course based on Yoshi's Island, and a look at a new game mode unlocked after beating the main game in Kirby's Return to Dream Land Deluxe, in which we finally learn what happened to Magolor after the end of the game (only Kirby fans or people who have at least beaten the main game have the context needed to understand).

Some of the GBA games include Golden Sun, Fire Emblem, The Legend of Zelda: The Minish Cap, and Mario & Luigi: Superstar Saga, but as much as I want to try some of those out, the Expansion Pack is a bit too expensive for me.

JNKing
Group Admin

as much as I want to try some of those out, the Expansion Pack is a bit too expensive for me.

Sorry about that, buddy. It does sound like a lot of fun.

No worries, I've got plenty of other stuff to keep me busy.

For Sea Kelp, who is an uncle/father figure toward Coral, is voice by Evan Parke who voice Luther from Detroit: Become Human

Since I want Sea Kelp voice to have that calm, strong and gentleness in it. Also, something I fine interesting is that Sea Kelp is the Uncle Ben to Coral Peter Parker since Sea Kelp was the one that raise Coral when her family die.

JNKing
Group Admin

Luther was an awesome addition to Detroit: Become Human. His voice actor would be great for Sea Kelp.

I agree. Also, a little question I want to ask. What would your OCs think of Sea Kelp?

JNKing
Group Admin

I imagine they'd appreciate him being a mentor to Coral, and respect him for taking care of her.

JNKing
Group Admin

Had an idea for a new voice actor for Luke - Tom Hopper; who played Luther Hargreeves in Umbrella Academy.

Your thoughts?

The vocal tone from his voice does match the voice that I gave Luke in my head.

It is an interesting choice overall.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Very fitting choice and I could picture Luke talking like that.

Thank you for sharing with us, King. :pinkiehappy:

JNKing
Group Admin

The vocal tone from his voice does match the voice that I gave Luke in my head.

It is an interesting choice overall.

Agreed; his voice sounds a lot more in sync with Luke's dialogue than Jason Momoa did.

Very fitting choice and I could picture Luke talking like that.

Thank you for sharing with us, King. :pinkiehappy:

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile: ๐Ÿ‘

I've been feeling that Helix should have a bit of a lowerโ€“pitched voice, so I think that instead of Reddington, Helix would be better off with Spader's voice in his performance as Ultron (but without the robotic effect, of course):

Also, I think Splash Hoof was better with the voice of Marth rather than Tanjiro, so I'm going back to having his voice be that of Marth.

JNKing
Group Admin

Nothing wrong with going back to one of the first voice actors; whatever you feel makes sense for the character.

Also, nice choice with James Spader as Ultron. He had a really great way of sounding intimidating and yet also having moments of humor as well that really sold Ultron as Tony's creation.

Thanks for sharing. ๐Ÿ‘

Buster is voiced by Doug_Lawrence who's also known for voicing Plankton as well as Fred in Spongebob.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Here's the voice actors for Speed's Aunt, Uncle and Aunt!

Psycho Witch Gwen: Alison Brie

MC Gangsta Mike: Jamie Foxx

Ghost Girl Echo: Zendaya

Your thought?

JNKing
Group Admin

Psycho Witch Gwen: Alison Brie

:pinkiegasp: I looked into her roles, and found out she plays both Princess Unikitty from Lego Movie, and Diane Nguyen in Bojack Horseman. This actress has range to her styles, and I love it!

MC Gangsta Mike: Jamie Foxx

A perfect voice for a man who is not going to stand for racial discrimination or subjugation. Awesome. :raritystarry:๐Ÿ‘

Ghost Girl Echo: Zendaya

This'll be fun. You've mentioned that Echo is going to be a bit of an insecure Mama's Girl eager to get Gwen's approval, but Zendaya's work as MJ in MCU's Spiderman, Chani in Dune and even as herself in these ads for Smart Water always gave me the vibe that she and her characters are confident in themselves and doesn't really care what others think of them.

It'll be interesting to see Zendaya play a character who's eager for someone else's approval, though I imagine it'll work really well for the end of a character arc where Echo becomes more confident in herself.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

That's called Playing Against Typecast... but yeah, I could see Echo being confident in herself by the end of her character arc.

Always happy to share. :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Same. :twilightsmile: ๐Ÿ‘

For Koda and Ali, one of the few voice actors I have in mind are Yoshua Sudarso and Peter Sudarso

Yoshua for Koda, which I fine funny since he plays a character name Koda, and Peter for Ali. I may change my mind sometime in the futures, but these two are one of the few that I think that are best suit to voice Koda and Ali since Yoshua and Peter are brothers in real life and Koda and Ali are brothers as well. I think it help to show Koda and Ali brotherly bond.

JNKing
Group Admin

I think it help to show Koda and Ali brotherly bond.

I agree; having two characters played by actors who know each other would definitely help with selling the relationship.

Nice choice.

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

I notices you pick Ashley Johnson for Lizzie cause Lizzie is far cry from the roles she usually plays.

Going by Ashley Johnson's role (Ellie from Last of Us, Terra from Teen Titans, Gwen Tennyson from Ben 10 and Tulip from Infinity Train), Ashley tend to play very troubled and sometimes serious girls and Ellie got to be the most serious cause in Last of Us Part 2, Ellie ultimately went a really dark path and in her vengeance against Abby cost her everything, leaving her broken.

Is your intended to make Lizzie to be more serious character like Ellie (Part 2 one) and Terra or this is playing against typecast situation cause Lizzie doesn't seem to be serious character compare to the roles Ashley Johnson plays.

JNKing
Group Admin

Is your intended to make Lizzie to be more serious character like Ellie (Part 2 one) and Terra or this is playing against typecast situation cause Lizzie doesn't seem to be serious character compare to the roles Ashley Johnson plays.

I'm still figuring that out. I did have an idea where Lizzie has a harder time adjusting back to Outer Haven since she fears Morgana the most of the pack (due in no small part to being the youngest), which would make her a bit more serious. Also, my dog Lizzie IRL was always a bit on the serious side, though she could get excited pretty easily.

That being said, I did consider replacing Ashley Johnson with Erica Lindbeck, since I feel Erica has a bit more range to her performances:

She can be comical and snarky like Cassie Cage in Mortal Kombat 11:

Or she can be darker and brooding like Loona from Helluva Boss (who I have compared to Lizzie before)

Thoughts? Would Erica Lindbeck be better for Lizzie than Ashley Johnson?

Ragnarok17
Group Admin

Yeah, that's make sense to have her being voiced by Erica Lindbeck since she can played serious characters but also played funny characters.

Through, I imagine Lizzie would get over her fear when she get older cause without character development, why should we care for her if she going to stay same? Or like a certain black swordsman would says.

You're not the same scared little boy who escaped into Video Games: you've had a whole Character Arc n' shit!

โ€”ย Kazuto Kirigaya,ย Sword Art Online Abridged

I'm pretty sure you don't watch SAO Abridged but it's great, I recommend it.

Thank you for sharing it. :twilightsmile:

JNKing
Group Admin

Yeah, that's make sense to have her being voiced by Erica Lindbeck since she can played serious characters but also played funny characters.

Yeah, and she does a great job with both. :raritystarry:

Through, I imagine Lizzie would get over her fear when she get older cause without character development, why should we care for her if she going to stay same?

Absolutely; she's going to overcome her fear and become stronger for it. Though I've also heard that it's in the struggle that people really connect to a character, since they can empathize with having to struggle to get to something.

Of course, I can't have Lizzie struggle too much to the point where she fails all the time, but if I can find that balance between her fearing she can't overcome her fears and yet still working past them, I'm hoping i can make a very interesting arc for her.

Or like a certain black swordsman would says.

You're not the same scared little boy who escaped into Video Games: you've had a whole Character Arc n' shit!

โ€” Kazuto Kirigaya, Sword Art Online Abridged

I'm pretty sure you don't watch SAO Abridged but it's great, I recommend it.

I've seen some of it, and heard about the rest. And you're right, it's definitely really fun.

Thank you for sharing it. :twilightsmile:

Always happy to share. :pinkiehappy:๐Ÿ‘

For my new OCs, Ryu, I think Kyle Hebert, who voice Aduit Gohan and also Ryu from Street Fighter, would be good choice for Ryu. Since Kyle sound like that type of guy that would make Ryu sound cool and give Ryu that gentle and kind nature. Since Ryu (My OC) is that type of guy who give good advice on fighting and on life to anyone who is older or younger than him

Also, I think part of the reasons why I made Ryu is because of this video.

Also, I may do this sometime in the future, but I may recon Stormblazer character type and personality since I feel like he should be fix in some area.

JNKing
Group Admin

For my new OCs, Ryu, I think Kyle Hebert, who voice Aduit Gohan and also Ryu from Street Fighter, would be good choice for Ryu. Since Kyle sound like that type of guy that would make Ryu sound cool and give Ryu that gentle and kind nature. Since Ryu (My OC) is that type of guy who give good advice on fighting and on life to anyone who is older or younger than him

Sounds like a good fit; when I hear Ryu, I do tend to think of the Street Fighter character, so giving them the same voice would drive home that comparison.

Also, I may do this sometime in the future, but I may recon Stormblazer character type and personality since I feel like he should be fix in some area.

Whatever you feel works best. :twilightsmile: ๐Ÿ‘

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 304