Friendship Is Awesomes 294 members · 14,150 stories
Comments ( 75 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 75

This is kind of like the idea I had about picking which episode that I and other fans would rewrite. Here I was thinking about doing the same to Equestria Girls. Whatever your opinion about this spin-off is, we can all agree that it isn't really perfect. I personally have a few things that I would change about this series, some of which are something I'm going back and forth on.

1. Every sapient creature in Equestria would be human in the human world. I do kind of like the idea of Spike and other dragons being dogs, but it does throw a wrench in the gears of how the portal works. While I have a headcanon about some creatures and what they would be in the human world, I think it would be much easier if we just had all the species (Ponies, Dragons, Griffons, etc.) all be humans.
  2. Different outfits. I know that they eventually changed the wardrobes of the humane 7, but the first outfits they had in the first three movies did not look good. One of the best alternate designs I found was drawn by teammagix. I'll let you be the judge of what you think about this. Still, designs like this would be much better. Speaking of which...
  3. Skin & Hair Colors. This is probably the most distracting part of Equestria Girls, or at least for me. For some reason, they chose to have the skin color of the humans be the same color as their pony counterparts. I don't fully understand this, but it's kind of distracting to me. Another change that's a big maybe for me would be the hair color. Without the multicolored hair, it would honestly be a little hard to tell who the characters would be.
  4. Human Names. I kind of doubt that this would be something that would happen, but it's kind of worth something to think about. On a previous forum, Echo Nymph commented some names that would be fitting for the mane six and Spike if they were human. I even threw a couple of ideas for other characters. It's not something that would've been likely, but it certainly would've been a fun possibility.
  5. Age. This one I'm a little more confident in. My guess for the mane six's age is that they're young adults, about their early twenties. However, in the human world, they're high school seniors. Still gives some good ideas for a plot, but I honestly think we could have more possibilities if they were young adults. If they were going to have as a plot point, why not use Spike? He's much younger than the mane six but still has shown he can have a good episode focusing on him. Twilight could've had Spike enrolled at the school to help get some more information about this world.

Anyways, these were some things that I would change about Equestria Girls. Do you agree with some of these ideas? Do you have any ideas that I didn't bring up?

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Wow when I saw your post about the idea of Equestria Girls I did like the idea to make the Griffin's changelings Yak Dragon hippogriff and our world to become humans with I thought that was a cool idea because if I remember correctly there was a fan comic that spike is actually a human and he is adopted to Twilight and her family which that would be awesome idea

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

That was kind of weird I sort of have like the names for the the Mane 6 and the young 6 and it was in my back of my mind for a long long time ago

Twilight sparkle - Jenny
Pinkie Pie - Sarah
Rainbow Dash - Katy
Applejack - Jackie
Rarity - Shannon
Fluttershy - Emily

Gallus - Gavin
Sandbar - Sam or Samuel
Silverstream - Sylvia
Yona - Helga
Ocellus - Azalea
Smolder - Stephanie

And there was so many characters I kind of gave them a name as their human form like the secondary characters background characters I wrote it down on my notebook a long time ago.

I posted their names in FiM will live on FOREVER group.

Here’s their human ages:

Mane 6, with the exception of Pinkie and Rarity: 16
Pinkie: 15
Rarity: 17
Spike: 9
CMCs: 10-11
Young six: 12-14

Birthdays:

Rarity: January 17th
Rainbow Dash: February 1st
Lightning Chaser: February 4th (HEY! Get off the set!)
Fluttershy: February 6th
My best friend: Feb 8
My brother, and SunShim: Feb 10
Pinkie Pie: May 5
Twilight: June 16
Applejack: Sep 30

Yeah, and it makes you wonder what the human version of the characters would be like. Say, Garble's group is a punk rock band or Ember being a motorcyclist, or the Wonderbolts using jet planes. It's ideas like this that make it feel like this is what Equestria Girls should've been. (At least in my opinion.)

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

I mean the Wonderbolts are like a military ponys so it make sense and garble and his Pals it make it an interesting choice

It would. Even if they were human or dogs, it would've been fun to see the Equestria Girl versions of the dragons. I found some good images of Smolder as a human.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah that would be very interesting it would be like in Avatar the Fire Nation you know because they breathe fire so they will have like heat inside of them and this is a very cool design of Spike and the other dragons as humans just like this one of Spike https://www.deviantart.com/mauroz/art/fan-Spike-322648826

Both of these are really cool. And I think the fire abilities would be cool if their human counterparts get a hold of some magic.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Exactly and for another interesting one for any creatures with wings as humans but they have like wings on them like pit from kid icarus and there was another idea I thought it would be interesting like Little Mermaid for the Sea Ponies and that's no brainer to be mermaids and they can transform into humans with the Pearl

I actually found a story similar to that. The Magic of the Mermaids. The yaks are a little more difficult for me to picture though.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

I didn't know somebody made a fan fiction story about it nice I'll probably need to check it out soon but anyway for the other creatures like changelings I still don't know how you make them as humans same with the Kirin. because yaks and Buffalos pretty much like heavy build humans that's no surprises there

I honestly envision Yona having the body of someone who's overweight but having the strength of a bodybuilder. You know, something ironic.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah good point there now for unicorns and kirins pretty much having like a magic one like Harry Potter because having a horn on their head seemed a little stretch if you know what I mean

I get that. I saw a couple of horned humanization on derpibooru and I'm honestly not too sure about them. It works for the human dragons, but not so much the unicorns.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah like basically for flying creatures like Pegasus and Griffins and hippogryphs having wings behind them as humans just like an X-Men angel I mean if you remember watching the Equestria Girls when Twilight and Rarity pony up they don't have horn in their heads so probably they use like magic from their hands or wands

Uh-huh, that's what I was thinking too.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yup now for the Earth ponies is just basically regular humans no surprises there but speaking of that I feel like big mac is the only human who has a normal skin color scheme from his Pony self https://mlp.fandom.com/wiki/Big_McIntosh_(EG) at least from my only knowledge

I'm guessing this was done because his normal red color would make him look like he had the world's worst sunburn. Besides, if they were going to do it with one character, they might as well have done with the rest of the characters.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Hmm yeah that is a good question probably they just didn't have the time or they just go along with the color scheme is there a pony self as their choice once again questionable decision but afterwards we got used to it but still they could have done it

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Now the only question what about the changelings that's going to be a little difficult to make as a human and what category that falls on them

Hmm, I honestly don’t know. I was hoping that you had theory.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah I don't know that's going to be a problematic for changelings I'm sure they're going to be the same like the unicorns and kirins having like magic abilities but for their appearances yeah I really don't know I was hoping if anybody in the group figure this thing out

Well, we could let them keep their shape shifting, but I feel that would be OP

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Probably because they can transform to basically anything big or small like I said it's going to be a little tricky to figure that one out unless there's somebody made an artwork about a changeling being as a human

Yeah. That’s all I’ve got for now. I really like some of the names you came up with, especially Smolder’s

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Oh thanks I like the names that you also give them as well I wrote it down on my notebook ever since 2011 thinking of what may happen if they were human and what kind of name do they have so basically I wrote down the names of the background secondary and main characters so there was a lot of them I had to remember ever since season 1 through 10 including the comics

Have you thought of any for characters like Ember and Thorax?

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

If I was going to be honest with you I didn't have any names for them I kind of stick with their names but then when I saw your comment I never thought of those names so thanks for that I had to write it down before I forget

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Like I said I came up with a lot of names for the other characters if you want to check them out I just have to find them first

Okay then. Loved to see them. With all these ideas for a different Equestria girls, I’m almost tempted to making a human AU. Maybe in the future sometime.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

That would be cool to see that

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

By the way I also did gave your Oc characters from your story a human name well at least some of them

Ooh, that’ll be interesting to see

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yup I don't know when I'm going to post it but soon I'm going to have to write it all down or type it down

Well, take your time then. I’ll be interested to see what you’ve come up with.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Thanks there's just so many characters but sooner or later I will get them all there hopefully 😅

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Remember the conversation about this whole naming the human counterpart from the ponies and Creatures well check it out

Wow! You must've spent a lot of time on this. I really like how you picked some of the names like Megan and Mary for the dragoness twins.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Thanks I appreciate that I've been thinking how I wanted to name these characters and mostly for the twins I thought it would be nice if they had like the same letter from their names even though my twin cousins have different names of letters but I thought it would be cool I mean I also did the main characters and even the side characters and the background characters with the human names

Great job. I'm kind of tempted to write a human AU. Maybe even a rewrite of Equestria Girls to make it more human. You know what I mean?

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Yeah I know what you mean I've always imagined if they have their own human name but I guess Hasbro wanted to avoid the confusion and just stick with a pony names but I'm sure it won't be a problem if they have like the same character from each other it won't be the case especially with the dragons being a dog and the changelings being the cat I mean cute and all but I do want to see how they look like as humans as well

Character names I could understand, though I don't fully understand making dragons dogs or having their skin colors match the one the ponies. Never understood that.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Probably avoiding like racist comments from both sides I guess that's why they use like the color scheme from the ponies to save the trouble of controversy and the dragon dog thing I still don't know about that maybe because dragons don't exist in the human world but they could have just transformed into a human

It's times like that where I feel a joke becomes a wrench in the gears. Still, it would be cool to see human versions of the characters in Equestria and maybe even humanized episodes.

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

I know what you mean I'm always been very interested how will it be if it was like that

Yoshifan30
Group Admin

Kind of like this sort of

Yeah, but the only episode I could really think about being humanized version would be Dragon Quest. The other episodes either require magic to make sense or are too illogical. Can you think of any good ones?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 75