Reviewers' Mansion 284 members · 653 stories
Comments ( 1 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 1
Mighty C
Group Contributor
TSpring Love
Rainbow Dash has a crush on Soarin, she isn't willing to admit her feelings.
Nailah · 7.6k words  ·  56  9 · 2.9k views

My name is Mighty C, but you already knew that ;)
You know why your here, so without further delay, let’s begin.

First impressions:

“That was a great practice every pony, keep up the good work, and no slacking off and that goes for you too, Crash,” Spitfire shouted, pushing her sunglasses down and staring directly at Rainbow Dash.

Blinks repeatedly
"Oh boy, this is going to be fun one isn't it?"

Final impressions:
AKA: This story in a nutshell

Spring Love was a simple fic, so I've written this review in a simplistic layout and style, so I may better do the fic it justice.

Now a final not before I begin my review.
Know that I don't usually review stories in such a simple manner, this is because this review is going be a little different.
Due to the only people who are actually going to read this review are going to be reviewers from Reviewers' Mansion.
If your not from the Mansion...
Then you are a certified Epic individual.
Now without further ado, let's begin!

The Review

Most bad stories start with four 'ands' in one sentence...
This is one of those stories...
Yet its something different…
A story that transcends the negatives, and goes even further beyond.
This is something absolutely hilarious.
This is Spring Love...
"The unintentional masterpiece"

(^You can quote me on that^)

So.
Spring Love...
My honest thoughts?

I loved it.
Honest to god, I loved it.
However before I get to why, I do have to explain this story's downsides.
So let’s list them off shall we?

• The grammar is atrocious.
  • I honestly can't tell what person or tense it was in, it kept switching and changing at a whim.
  • The plot is predictable.
  • The characters are... certainly characters (take that as you will).
  • The cover art is cringe. (This honestly doesn't really matter though)
  • The blurb is... honestly shit, and cringe.
  • The plot predictable, so predictable that I have to mention it a second time, just so you can know how predictable it is!
  • The usage of words is... interesting, and honestly quite questionable at times.
  • The story can be summed up in a single sentence: "Rainbow like Soarin, anime shenanigans, surprise kiss, Soarin like Rainbow too, the (goddamn) end. Epilogue: they fuckin.
  • There is no sequel

Now, let’s list off all the things that make this story so amazing now shall we?

• The grammar is so atrocious that it makes the story more fun to read.
  • By not being able to tell what person or tense it was in, this fic really felt like a roller coaster at times (in all the right ways), I didn't know where I was going to end up next, it was surprising yet not overwhelming, it is unlike anything I have ever read, period.
  • The plot is predictable yes, but honestly that doesn't really matter because of the...
  • The characters. Oh sweet Celesta the characters! Their written with such fire and passion that I couldn't help but love them. Rainbows stupid descriptions are so funny (unintentional I presume?), her thoughts are so out there and utterly cliché that it honestly makes up for her horrible portrayal of Rainbow as a character.
  • The plot is so predictable and cliché that it's worth mentioning a second time. It's stupid, its simple, yet its executed with such passion and spunk that I honestly don't think it could be improved upon.
  • The usage of words is genius and so out of place, and sometimes incorrect. I laughed out loud for real at certain parts.
  • The passion, (I know I've mentioned it a few times now, but hear me out) this story has a flare to it, a spark, a flame not often seen in really good stories.
    What is this 'spark' you ask?
    It’s the spark of honest to god hope, a fire that I don't want to see fade any more than it already has.

Final ratings

Chapter ratings.
Chapter 1: The First signs(Edited): -10
Chapter 2: The Plan: -9.2
Chapter 3: Confessions: -8.8
Chapter 4: It's just supper: -8

Overall rating:
<For archive purposes: -9/10>

Conclusion

This is a fic of old, the Princess of Pineapples first fic on FIMFiction, and what a fic it was.
The writing style surprised me.
The characters got me to laugh.
The story made me smile.

Not many fics can do that, let alone well. Heck I read this 4 more times for this review and I laughed every time!
Is this story for everyone?

God no! We're all people after all, each and everyone of us is an individual, we all have likes, we all have dislikes.

Most would scoff, spit and nit-pick this story, only seeing this story as it is factually.
I weep for those poor souls, for they do not know what they're missing out on.

Would recommend reading if you have an outlook similar to my own, or if your drunk.
Either one works.
Earned a like, and a spot in my library.

Final words:
I believe there's a saying that really describes how I feel about Spring Love.
"One man's trash is another man's treasure."

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 1