Lullaby for a Princess 17 members · 2 stories
Comments ( 4 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 4

First of all, I love this song and fan-made video! I still consider it one of the greatest works of fan-made content to this date.

Second of all, the criteria for this group is very narrow. The works being asked for is extremely specific, so the amount available should be pretty thin.

Thirdly, having said the second point, I actually have made one fanfic based on that video. Actually, it's based on three fan-made videos. Here is an excerpt from the Authors note of the Prologue for "Sky Dancer", and it is thus:

inspired by A Tale of One Shadow, The Fall of the Crystal Empire, and Lullaby for a Princess.

All three of those videos are absolutely canon in my story. The last one, "Lullaby for a Princes" doesn't seem to be in the story until very late in it. It's the last chapter, as a matter of fact, before the epilogue, but the entire song is in that chapter word for word. The only difference is some description of Celestia's audience reaction is written between the prose, and the text itself was painstakingly and very meticulously written in such a way as to illustrate the emotive inflection of the way it is sung.

This is the first fanfic I ever wrote for MLP, and is the first I ever published in any form. Hope you enjoy it.

Without further ado, here it is.

TSky Dancer, the First Flying Unicorn
On her birthday, Star Breeze discovers a lot more about her father's past than she thought she would hear.
Scroll · 345k words  ·  27  1 · 1.1k views

By the way, My Sister Tia I noticed you stored this story's sequel, "My Little Detour", in "read it later", which is the very reason I happen to check your user page and noticed a blog that led to this group. That's interesting to note, because it is a sequel to a story that fits within the very narrow category of the group you formed here.

My Sister Tia
Group Admin

Oh. I admit that I need to narrow down my read later list, for it is way too long. I'm sorry, but I forgotadding it. But I'm glad that you found this group! How would you say that I could improve?
Sorry, didn't see this until now.

Interesting to respond to a comment that is way back in August. I had to review my own comment to get a little more context. Now that I have (and it was easy to find in this particular case) I could say that widening the category of this group might promote more stories, but perhaps still leave a folder within it dedicated to this song. A wider category might be any story related to Celestia or her relationship with her sister. Things like that.

My Sister Tia
Group Admin

Okay, thank you for giving me ideas. I'll think about that.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 4