My Little Lion King 66 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 16 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 16

I find it so amusing that not once was his death referenced in other installments of the franchise. By that, I mean... no one bothered to actually mention how Scar really died as shown here. In The Lion King 2: Simba’s Pride, Simba said this line:

Scar couldn’t let go of his hate. At the end, it destroyed him.

That sounds more in line to his original death which was Scar burning alive while he was maniacally laughing. It almost sounds like Simba didn’t want Kovu to know that Scar was eaten alive by the hyenas.

Even The Lion Guard made it appear that Scar died in the fire even though the first film made it explicitly clear he was eaten alive by his former henchmen. Were the writers of these installments never in agreement how Scar was going to die? It always bugged me ever since I thought about it.

Have you guys ever noticed that? I know, Simba was most likely the only one to witness his death, but how is it that not once did he ever talk about what the hyenas did to Scar?

Like I once theorized, I believe the hyenas died in the fire with Scar. Including Shenzi, Banzai, and Ed. A fate that I personally believe they deserve.

Yeah, and technically his hate DID destroy him.

As I noted above, technically it DID destroy him. His own pride and hate led him to be eaten by his cronies

This isn’t about the hyenas. This is more about Scar’s death.

They aren't around in the other installments.

Yes, but you were pointing out that Scar was mauled by the hyenas in contrast to everyone in various Lion King installments saying that he died in the fire. I believe the explanation for that is because the hyenas were killed in the fire. With Scar.

I like to think that the hyenas either burned in the fire, or they survived and chose not to tell anyone that they ate Scar.

I like to think that the hyenas burned in the fire. It’d make sense considering the flames were getting bigger by the second.

Never saw them after the first movie except for the one focused on timon and pumba.

I believe that the hyenas survived, had the lion guard hyenas and died of their injuries that slowly killed them. If they died while the LG hyenas were still young, it makes both the LG hyenas stealing Ono's egg as pups and Janja (who is the only one in LG who says how Scar died) not knowing make sense. Janja and crew were on good relations with Mzingo and Ushari. Ushari who's plan it was to bring Scar back is an older animal. Maybe he was a Scar supporter of old. Maybe he and Mzingo helped the young hyenas get food and told them of Scar's fate. Also, for Kovu, he was trying to warn him of following Scar's footprints. As the hyenas (Who Nuka says ran off not died) are not following Zira, the whole being eaten by hyenas thing falls short. However if Zira knew of the hyenas treachery, it makes sense why her lions take Jasiri's water hole. However, Scar chose Kovu for his successor, why didn't he contact Zira in season 2? That has always bugged me.

Pride? He tried to double cross them to save himself. As someone who recently finished FMA: Brotherhood, I refuse to let that stand.

Good point, also, Pride was great

I'm more of an Envy fan.

Both were good.

Actually, I think this means he managed to fight them off long enough for him to die from the fire. Maybe the hyenas too, but who knows.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 16