My Little Lion King 66 members · 13 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10

...considering that Disney’s been airing a lot of their own original content on their streaming service, Disney+, I’ve been surprised that they hadn’t decided to make a miniseries based on “The Lion King”. Animated, not live-action.

What I’ve particularly grown interested in seeing Disney do is create a miniseries focusing on Nala’s time growing up in the Pride Lands during Scar’s reign, all the way up until she eventually leaves the Pride Lands to find help and encounters Simba. It would also give more insight as to what Scar has been doing while he was king, which I’m pretty sure was more than just laying around all day as the first movie seemed to suggest. And, it would be the perfect way to explain how Zira and the Outlanders came into the mix and what Zira’s overall role as an ally of Scar was.

They could even make a little sequel series to depict what caused Zira to be banished from the Pridelands in the first place, which could likewise possibly explain why Sarabi was absent in the second film. Maybe also make a prequel special depicting what caused Scar to become evil.

What I’ve particularly grown interested in seeing Disney do is create a miniseries focusing on Nala’s time growing up in the Pride Lands during Scar’s reign, all the way up until she eventually leaves the Pride Lands to find help and encounters Simba.

I'm almost certain several people have already written multiple fanfics based on this idea. And we do know that Nala fled the Pridelands primarily because Scar tried to essentially rape her.

And, it would be the perfect way to explain how Zira and the Outlanders came into the mix and what Zira’s overall role as an ally of Scar was.

Zira was most likely Scar's mate.

They could even make a little sequel series to depict what caused Zira to be banished from the Pridelands in the first place, which could likewise possibly explain why Sarabi was absent in the second film.

Except the second film explained that Zira and the others were banished from the Pridelands due to retaining loyalty to Scar.

Maybe also make a prequel special depicting what caused Scar to become evil.

This was explored in a tie-in book.

The book isn’t considered canon by most, and fanfics have hardly counted.

The book isn’t considered canon by most

Oh, you'd be surprised...

That doesn’t mean the book is officially canon, though. Aside from that, it was retconned by “The Lion Guard”.

The book was retconned by “The Lion Guard”.

Which some people would prefer to ignore.

Don't do that please.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10