Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Bendy
Group Admin

Does anyone remember when the right and left stood together against the 1% during Occupy Wall Street? As in the bankers?

But then the 1% used divide and conquer tactics against the angry peasants. We had things like race, religion, and blah blah blah used against the peasants. Now, they laugh at us as we fight over the next dumb thing.

I do. Only difference now is that the Occupy movement didn't involve riots and looting. But both end the same way. Nothing achieved.

I do as well. The frustrating thing is that reform of some sort is needed, but whilst big businesses can buy politicians nothing will change. Get big money out of politics and the little people may have a chance.

Huk
Huk #4 · Jul 3rd, 2022 · · ·

Yeah, I remember... it didn't last long, did it :unsuresweetie:?

Sadly, turning people against each other was historically always a lot easier than having them come together and fight against something. It's unfortunate, but not much has changed over the years. And once it starts changing again, the powers that be will just come up with some other 'bone' to toss at people, and the cycle will start all over again.

It's pretty sad, really :applejackunsure:

Bendy
Group Admin

Yeah, in some ways, it made things worse.

That could bring in real change if that were to happen.

The one thing there will be some like us, who see it.

Sadly, I suspect it won't. Congress seems to struggle with getting things done, and the Supreme Court is too backed up with stuff to look at the issue right now.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6