Free Speech Group 72 members · 71 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Bendy
Group Admin

I wonder if it will make a difference? I'm cautiously optimistic.

He owns it as of right now, it seems, or will own it.

Hardly. At best the censorship will become a bit more tolerant, but you can't change the environment this company operates in. The environment defines policies.

Bendy
Group Admin

Just ban all the left then. Give them a taste of their own medicine. XD

I joke.

Huk

I believe that until the deal gets finalized - which, from what I heard, can take up to six months - Elon won't have anything to say. Or at least not more than he had as the biggest shareholder. So don't count on significant changes anytime soon.

That said, judging by Musk's comments on censorship and 'wokeness' and epic meltdowns some 'censors' have over the acquisition, it seems like good news. If Twitter really opens its algorithms and starts treating both sides equally, it will be a HUGE win, but that's still a BIG if...

But yeah, for the first time in a while, I'm slightly optimistic :unsuresweetie:

Bendy
Group Admin

We can only hope. Who knows what shenanigans may be pulled.

Bendy
Group Admin

When they complain, just say it's my private company.

The only funny thing I found was tumbler users have been enjoying the sight since most of the extremists have moved to twitter and are begging them to stay on twitter.

I doubt the current conglomerate in control of information will roll over and accept that an "outsider" gets his foot in. Controlling the information is just too important.

Bendy
Group Admin

They might need a new echo chamber, and ruin that.

Sadly, you may be right. But I like to think there's hope. A fool's hope.

7680332 There is some talk about Section 230 "reform" and that itself is quite concerning. This is a victory, and we have every right to enjoy it, but we also can't become complacent. Culture is downstream from politics and the tide is turning big time.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11