Positive Ponies 3,479 members · 1,461 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6

Over the last couple of weeks, we have been having a lot of people over, family, friends and some that are either of the other.

Anyway, one of the youngest is my cousin's son. I believe his name is spelled as "Isaiah". He was told by my mother that she would get himsomething for a snack. A while later, he came to see what was taking so long.

He found that mom and one of my aunts were conversing. And after asking the obvious question, he says: "You need to stop being so distracted!"

Just about everybody found that funny (we had 20 or so other people around). And, as my mother points out even now, he was right; she was distracted!:rainbowlaugh:

So now, it's whatever one of us lovely seems to be distracted by something and something goes slightly wrong one of us says, "you need to stop being so distracted" or something to that effect, and we all just fall apart laughing.

As I have said a couple of times now, that's going to end up being that kid's catch phrase, and he only ever said it once.

Do you know of any children like that? Or who might have said something like that?

This isn’t really related, or similar, but I’d still like to share it.

This is something that happened some time ago before I graduated from my second semester at my university. So, the day after I got back home from university for Spring Break, I visited my grandparents with my mother to eat out. After we got home and some time passed, my grandmother brought up a story from when I was little. She said how one day, I was sitting in front of the T.V. in my grandparents' house and my mother turned the channel to Lifetime. A series she used to watch all the time. I then - and this is my grandmothers' words verbatim - shouted: "No, not Lifetime!"

I was two years old.

I was then told as soon as I said this, my grandmother and aunt - who were with my mom at the time this happened - doubled over laughing. My aunt especially, who - as my grandmother described - was laughing so hard it looked like she was having a stroke. No need to worry, she was fine.

Needless to say, it was a surprising tale.

i once had a kid call me old but not in the funny way.
Anywyas, he was young and at one point asked me what year you were born in. I told 1992.

He destroyed me with one sentence. "Oh you were born in the late 1900s."

:ajbemused:

Well, he wasn't... wrong as such.
And to be fair, I was born in '85. And I'm still in better condition than many people half my age. Not even joking, there.

That’s funny. Mine for my family was that “I don’t eat leaves” and another was “Spit my sister out.” Those still stuck with me till this very day.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6