Pride and Positivity 247 members · 107 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
SigmasonicX
Group Admin

I have some bad news, everyone.

I've done some thinking and decided I won't be running the Pride and Positivity event this year. You may not think it, but it's fairly stressful to run in the best of times. Plus, there's my obligation to have a fic ready for it too. Mentally, I feel like I should be able to handle it, but as it approaches, I'm feeling stressed, so I don't think it's good for me to push things. I still intend to donate to charities, but they won't be tied to fics. I hope people still make LGBT+ fics, though. Potentially, I could add fics to the group after the fact, but I won't be doing anything during June.

Regarding passing on the event to someone else, first of all, I don't believe it's necessary for this particular event to be run. I'm still going to donate to charity and I think enough people will be writing Pride fics. Secondly, of the people I'd trust to run this event, all of them have enough on their plate as is. Remember that it isn't just a matter of running this group, but also providing feedback and sensitivity readers, verifying the charity someone wants a donation to is valid, reacting to anything that comes up in a timely manner, etc.

Again, I'm hopeful that you all will still write Pride fics, and it's entirely possible I'll collect them into this group after the fact. I think the past two events served to light a fire under some people to write these kinds of stories, and I don't think it will go out without me.

Thank you so much for setting up and running the P&P event these last two years!

I've only had modest peeks at how the insides of the event work, but I can see it's more complicated and much more challenging than many people might think.

Dag. That's too bad. Still, ya gotta take care of yourself- Self-love is love and it has to come first- and it's great that you've run this event for the last few years. I'm kinda late to the party myself, so I only got to participate in the last one. I'll definitely be coming back hard- HARD- this PRIDE Month with more queer positivity and more fics featuring openly queer characters and relationships.

As I generally hold art drives for charity on other sites maybe I might gather my clan around to making a new pride charity event for the fimfic community. With the APPALLING amount of negativity I've seen in this community it feels right. Any input you'd be comfortable providing would be fantastical. All the same, you hang in there, hon. Big Love to ya.

May not hurt to still have a folder available for people to put in their pride stories this year

SigmasonicX
Group Admin

Doing that without anyone providing oversight is risky and I'd rather not.

That's too bad. Thank you for running it these two years! I might write a Pride Fic anyways, and like you said, I think others will be inspired and continue to write pride fics.

Thank you for running it while you could, and for knowing your limits. :heart:

It's okay! It must be really stressful to run, so it's okay if you need a break

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8