The Insane Creators Guild 642 members · 2,344 stories
Comments ( 8 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 8
Crystonian
Group Contributor

Just to let you know this is technically against site rules

Incomplete stories and off-site hosting

• You may not have chapters exclusively hosted on an external site that are required for the understanding or enjoyment of the story. Users should be able to read through your story without having to leave the site.
Orderly Disassembly
Group Contributor

They don’t have any chapters on the site so I don’t believe it’s against the rules, unless there’s something in this group against advertising stories off site.

Eldorado

It's fine to advertise stories that are entirely hosted off-site. The rule exists to stop people from posting a small amount of their story here, then linking people to the "full" story somewhere else. In this case it seems the author is unable or unwilling to write the story in legible enough English to pass moderation here, so, he's elected to host it elsewhere rather than edit it to be readable.

These threads are verging on spam, but, I'm content to allow them within groups that themselves tolerate this kind of thing.

nukestar
Group Contributor

I still do not know why you are posting advertisements for a ponyfiction hosted on Wattpad instead of posting your story here. I can't imagine a lot of people go to Wattpad for pony fanfiction.

Crystonian
Group Contributor

Ah I understand, I've just seen posts like this one and it broke site rules. Though it is getting slightly annoying since its on the same level as spam to me

Eldorado

Eh, talk to group staff about it. It seems like this sort of self-promotion is at least broadly tolerated here, as it is in Shameless Self-Promotion Bureau and a couple other places. If that's not the case and group staff would want a more official "don't" lending weight to their own, I am happy to provide. Spam is one of my biggest pet peeves.

TheUltimateTheater
Group Contributor

the reason I uploading my story to Wattpad instead of Fanfiction I am Just not used to the style of writing that passes for this site if someone wants to do it for me I will happy allow it. I am also uploading it to Wattpad since I plan to do stories not only about MLP

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 8