The Insane Creators Guild 640 members · 2,286 stories
Comments ( 10 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 10
CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

Last week, the Death Battle Crew released an image that is supposed to be a teaser for the episodes that will come out this year, with each symbol on the wheel representing a matchup:

Now, here is what I think these symbols are corresponding to, clockwise:

BILL CIPHER VS DISCORD

SCROOGE MCDUCK VS MR. KRABS

IROH VS OOGWAY

MONKEY D. LUFFY VS CAPTAIN MARVELOUS

JOKER VS GIORNO

MASTER CHIEF VS DOOM SLAYER

COLE MACGRATH VS ALEX MERCER

DARTH VADER VS OBITO UCHIHA

LIU KANG VS JAGO

ALL FOR ONE VS TOICHIRO SUZUKI

HELLBOY VS NERO

BOWSER VS EGGMAN

CHOSEN UNDEAD VS LAST DRAGONBORN

ANT-MAN VS ATOM

CHAOS VS KYOGRE

ASH KETCHUM VS YUGI MUTO

What are your thoughts?

Vigriff
Group Contributor

Bowser vs Eggman looks like a good one.

DangerDean
Group Contributor

The text on the first image look like someone spammed the keyboard

stag the story teller
Group Contributor

Honestly if Bill is smart he wins, if he is stupid tough... say welcome to Accord boys

stag the story teller
Group Contributor

It's a cipher, don't know if it's a cezarian one or a safe word one

Amereep
Group Contributor

I REALLY hate the idea of pitting Krabs against Scrooge. They're both greedy, but Scrooge's money stash is a mountain compared to Krab's bathtub of money, and if toon force is applied in this fight, that red-belly b:yay:terd would begin a new line of work that would target all of us in a bloody way. If there must be a fight with a dollar symbol, then I'll be settled if it's Krabs vs Eddy (Ed, Edd, n' Eddy).

For the yin yang, I'm hoping for Reimu Hakurei. Putting her in a deathbattle would help bring her to the west. Don't have a clear idea of who she would face, but if the Atom symbol can solely imply Atom, then the same can be done for Reimu.

Ash vs Yugi is... just how can they fight? Ash with his pokemon is obvious, but Yugi... can he even harm his opponents in a lethal way? His monsters are intended to be holograms, and while he was able to cast curses in the first few manga books with the help of a pharaoh, it's questionable if he needs to play a game to accomplish this. His games are a variation of the game 'Chicken', but severe consequences befall those who try to cheat their way to victory, and it's not like they're fighting each other evenly as one has a deck of cards filled with monsters and spells/traps with the other having a backpack filled with supplies and armed with six pokemon. It'd be a cool fight, but even if we turn off the safety switch to Yugi's device, how can one compare some of these rules like life points for Ash or agility for Yugi? If I have to guess, the shuffle sign represents Bill & Discord as they shuffle reality.

Leading the question mark to be... a question mark. I don't know, maybe DB couldn't figure out a symbol for this particular fight.

rikusorasephiroth
Group Contributor

Bill Cypher destroyed the entire second dimension.
Do we know if Discord has done anything that can scale to that?

Newer canon for the Slayer has him effectively wielding the power to kill deities. Master Chief has zero chance.

Iroh vs Oogway could honestly go either way, depending on whether it's in the Mortal realm or Spirit Realm.

McDuck will be opening a new chain of seafood restaurants.

That's all that I CARE to predict at this time.

CROSSOVER KING
Group Contributor

If one decodes the top cryptogram using the Atbash decoder, it will reveal the following message:

Normal teasers are a bore, for all the fights and death in store
Use the keys to match the lines, you never know what clues you'll find

Deciphering the cryptograms labeled from 1 to 6 requires the Vigenère decoder and keys that can be found using codes hidden throughout the teaser, with the first five codes corresponding to a previous Death Battle episode and the nth word spoken in it. For example, the code "DvA 559" refers to the 559th word spoken in Deku VS Asta, which was "melee"). Using these keys, the decoded messages are as follows:

1. Key: MELEE (Code: DvA 559)X people out, but keep it silent
  2. Key: UNLUCKY (Code: CvL 1139)Kill them all, and treat them violent
  3. Key: TREE (Code: BvG 581)Beast without but not within
  4. Key: PANTHEON (Code: OMvHL 1043)The end will come from what begins
  5. Key: CAROUSEL (Code: BvSM 692)A dark reflection of the past
  6. Key/Code: DEATHBATTLESeason 10 is coming fast
stag the story teller
Group Contributor

Have you read the comics with Accord in them? They do take things from all media that involve a character after all

stag the story teller
Group Contributor

Oh so it was a variant of Caesar cipher for the first one, and normal ciphers for the rest

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 10