Saving Sombra 107 members · 216 stories
Comments ( 9 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 9

I just had a dream about the rule of King Sombra:

A pony slave named High Achiever is ordered by the local landlord to clean up the mess at the local spring where the border was.
The pony is overjoyed that she’ll finally be able to go outside and see her homeland Equestria in the distance. She remembers her life-long desire, “To be a high administrator, that is my dream.” For her mother was also a high administrator in Equestria’s administration biro. The tenth level of the chain of command, as she often put it.
The water was redirected by big pipes and led to the inner lands of the Crystal Empire. She knew it to belong to Equestria, as was agreed by two high administrators long ago. She knew her history well.
Such violation of a treaty would not stand. And right she was, for there lay a scroll on the floor, “Per declaration of high administrators from both sides, I proclaim this stream at the border of our lands to be Equestria.”
She recognizes a scroll of her landlord, the twentieth chain of command, that was tossed over the previous one. It said, “I proclaim this stream to be of Crystal Empire, for it touches our lands. What touches our lands is ours.”
….
High administrator’s scroll said, “I proclaim that Crystal Empire may have this stream if the one High Achiever who was taken hostage by Crystal Empire is returned alive and unharmed.”
She caressed the hoof seal at the bottom, “Mama.”
Ruling administrator's scroll said, “I belay the proclamation of my subordinate. She has no authority on the matter. We do not negotiate with terrorists, even when hostages are involved. I proclaim that this stream belongs to Equestria, and we shall sacrifice everything to preserve the proclamations of our ancestors.”
After the whole chain of commands of administrators (including her mother), she recognized the glorious scroll of Princess Luna herself, “I proclaim this an area of dispute. No side will prompt any action until this matter is resolved via the border negotiation biros.”
A black scroll of King Sombra himself lay on top of it, “I proclaim war!” It was stained with blood.
On top of the puddle of blood was another scroll, also from King Sombra, “I proclaim victory!”

A series of crystal spikes led toward Equestria through the mountain edge. She climbed over the base of the first one and ran. She did not dare to look at the top of any spike, she just ran past them while counting them. Each consequent one was smaller than the previous one. She stopped at the tenth and there was no need to look up. She recognized the sealing hoof of her beloved high administrator. She hugged the lifeless leg and cried out, “Mama!”

I'm writing the story here.

Very intriguing. Unfortunately, I am currently suffering from writer's block, so it would be no good in my hands.

7165265 Maybe I'll just have to write it myself then.

Ok. I'm excited to see what it'll be like!

7165275 The story is all there already. All I have to do is add some more words to it to make it more readable.

The filly is named High Achiever because she wants to become a High Administrator one day. Is there a better name for the filly?

Is a bond between mother and daughter stronger than a bond between mother and son?

I'm thinking this story should be first-person present tense.

The filly is named High Achiever because she wants to become a High Administrator one day. Is there a better name for the filly?

I like the name.

Is a bond between mother and daughter stronger than a bond between mother and son?

I guess it would depend on the type of family.

I'm thinking this story should be first-person present tense.

You do whatever you're comfortable with. I'm sure it wouldn't affect the number of readers you get.

7165348 Isn't High Achiever more of a male name than a female name?

Eh. I think it could be both.
This is a really cool story idea, by the way!

I think it could be both

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 9