Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 255 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 255

Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder

Post traumatic stress disorder
A disorder in which a person has difficulty recovering after experiencing or witnessing a terrifying event.

The condition may last months or years, with triggers that can bring back memories of the trauma accompanied by intense emotional and physical reactions.

I've seen a worse case of PTSD from a war veteran, whenever he hears or sees something that reminds him the war, it causes him to flip out.

Race: Earth Pony

Cutie Mark: A dream cloud with a pony skull in it

Creator: Wildcard25 (That's me)

Bio: Leader of the Purple Nightmares Street Gang in Manehattan. Abandoned as a colt, he grew up on the streets and learned if he wanted something he had to take it. As he got older he started a pony gang where they would steal anything from anyone they find on the streets. He wants Manehattan if not all of Equestria to know the streets of any pony town or city are never safe with him and his gang around. Though leader of a street gang he desires to continue to make the Purple Nightmares so renowned in the criminal underworld no one would dare mess with them.

Though part of my Equestria Ninja Girls Series of stories I feel he shouldn't be limited to that series alone. Plus in my series he's anthro because he was mutated into a mutant pony, but in any other series he's just a regular earth pony.

Race: Earth Ponies, Pegasi, Unicorns

Creator: Me

Bio: The most notorious pony street gang to walk the streets of Manehattan. They are the self proclaimed 'Children of Nightmare Moon'. They are the ponies who lurk in the shadows of night, and strike fear into the day walkers in name of their illustrious Mistress Nightmare Moon. They'd steal valuables, bits, and jewels from anypony they find on the street or shops. They are recognized by the purple colored tattoos of Nightmare Moon's emblem they have on their legs. They're known for using blunt instruments for weapons from crowbars, knives, bats, etc. The gang is always inducting new members whom they think are worthy to be one of them.

Like Night Terror, they made their debut in my Equestria Ninja series, but they shouldn't be limited to that series alone. And they're anthro because they too were turned into pony mutants in that series. But in any other series they regular pony types.

Just something in case the Cinematic Universe needs more baddies the Legion could recruit in the future.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Hmm... I see what you are thinking with this group. Who knows? I could see some potential.

Name: Care Heart
Race: Earth Pony
Creator: Wanda92 (ME!)

Bio: Care Heart is an earth pony originally from Manehattan until she moved to Ponyville with her family. Inspired by Princess Cadance who spreads love across the land, she decided to open up her love fortune-telling booth for everypony to tell their fortunes of their future couples. Care Heart loves to help out everypony when they're needed.

Cutie Mark:

Name: Matcha Scent
Race: Unicorn
Creator: Wanda92 (ME!)

Bio: Matcha Scent is a unicorn pony who loves to host tea ceremonies for any occasion. During tea ceremonies, she can help all the ponies to relax with a bowl of matcha tea and sweet rice cakes. Relaxation is Matcha Scent's main thing to do.

Cutie Mark:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The name itself almost makes me think of 'Tender Heart' from the Care Bear series given the nearly identical names.

Definitely looks like a tea pony. All she needs is a kimono or something.

Comment posted by HunterBrony101 deleted Jan 27th, 2023

Also, being a christian, I might actually get along with her.

That's the thing. Holy Spirit can pray to the spirits of Equestria.

Maybe she and my Ponysona should meet in the forums.

And what's your Ponysona's name?

What do they look like?

The picture In my avatar frame.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I find two people should not like each other based on sharing the same practice of religion. I am a Lutheran who fell in love with a Jewish girl, and we were together for six years until we broke up. Not because of our religious practices but because... well, her mother clearly didn't like me. It's not the practice that binds people together, it's the 'people' themselves in terms of personality.

Of course. Also, we the two wouldn’t be a couple, just friends.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... that's not going to last long. Because if everyone who has been in a relationship knows, when a guy and a girl are together, and they aren't seeing anyone else, they are only friends for a short while before it eventually grows into a couple. The only way that wouldn't happen is if they are friends who are the type where it's a guy who doesn't date girls and vice versa on the girl part or... if they are one of those pair of friends who are fine with the platonic ordeal probably because they don't believe in romance.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

🤔

Author's Names | Ponysonas

Mr. E –> Quill Cast
Drama –> Curtain Calls
HunterBrony –> Cinema Lights

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Cinema Lights? I don't remember us mentioning that guy... well, I'm sure it sounds like an intriguing character.

Why thank you, Curtain.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Anyways, once Mr. E does get back, we'll have plenty of material as far as the 'Three Stooges' of C.A. OC's are concerned. I'm definitely the Moe amongst the trio.

Than I guess that makes me the Curley.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I wasn’t referring to ‘you’, Hunter. Doc’s our Curley. What with his crazy shenanigans, being a victim of circumstances, and the wacky reactions. Quill and I are like two sides of Moe, one is the more emotional, angry side and the other is the brains of the duo.

You… you’re more like either Larry or Shell. The guy who’s just… ‘there’. And that’s me being polite.

Comment posted by HunterBrony101 deleted Jun 4th, 2023
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Just a scenario that came to my mind just now.

My dragon OC hates ponies, and he convinced Spike with a very bias story that ponies are the real problems to the world.

From a point-of-view, he isn’t wrong. Ponies have made a lot of mistakes that have hurt so many other creatures (bisons, animals, even zebras), with their prejudice and “petty” dispute.

The Windigoes being the highlight of their “crimes.”

However, Twilight and the Mane Six will later admit that while the ponies weren’t perfect, the dragons back when were just as bad.

So…it’s another of those life isn’t black and white scenario.

And this is one of the conversations between Spike and the girls to make amends:

Rainbow Dash and Spike

“He said I assaulted that dragon?!” Rainbow asked, flabbergasted. “Did you forget the part where he was polluting the air with his smoke?” See Season 1’s Dragon Shy

“That dragon was just looking for a place to sleep!” Spike argued. “He wasn’t even hurting anyone and you just attacked him out of nowhere!”

“Okay! Yes, I get that!” Rainbow replied. “But we tried to negotiate with him. We tried to appealing to his better nature. But he wasn’t going anywhere! I was just trying to help! That’s all I did! I thought I was being assertive… Besides, I didn’t punch him that hard…”

“Well, what about the Great Dragon Migration?” Spike brought up. “How you called me a lame dragon. Did that hurt less than the punch?” Season 2’s Dragon Quest

“Lame dragon?” Rainbow Dash cringed as the memory came back to her. “Oh…yeah. Okay. I admit, that was harsh on my part. But I was just teasing! I didn’t mean to hurt your feelings!”

“Yeah. Sure you did, because back when, I didn’t have wings. Was that it?”

“No! Of course not! You not having wings has nothing to do with it!”

“How about that remark you gave me about tortoise? How I’d know any better since I’m a dragon?” Tanks for the Memories.

“I didn’t mean it! I’m sorry!”

“And you couldn’t apologize to me sooner? What? You fly so fast, but in the brain, you’re slower than a snail?”

“HEY! WATCH IT!”

“There! You see? That’s what I’m talking about! There you go again! Acting all high and mighty with me, because of your bloated ego!”

“Well, forgive me for trying to save some dignity!”

“Master was right! You ponies only care about yourselves. You don’t think for a moment that sometimes your actions could hurt others…”

“Well, isn’t that the same with you dragons?”

“Fighting is our way of life! And maybe if I had learned that from the start, then maybe I wouldn’t be the one who was dropped into the freezing lake on Winters Wrap Up. Or the one who was used as live bait to a Winter-Zilla. The one YOU brought for Hearths Warming Eve?”

“I didn’t know that! Besides, it was Discord’s idea! He talked me into getting it for Fluttershy…”

There was an awkward silence between both Spike and Rainbow Dash.

“What’s happening to us, Spike?” Rainbow asked. “Why can’t we just be friends again? Like we used to?”

“You mean Twilight’s friends,” Spike stated. “The only friend you girls have is Twilight. I was the tag along. The charity case. The guy who waits on you for your every whim?”

“Of course you’re our friend, Spike!” Rainbow Dash retorted. “And we’ve brought you along on all of our get together!”

“Name one!”

“Well…uh…”

Rainbow frantically tried to remember one moment when the girls got together, with Spike included. Sadly, she can’t seem to come up with one.

“That’s what I was afraid of…”

Spike turned to fly away, when Rainbow Dash stopped him.

“Spike! Wait. Look. Friends make mistakes, okay? But that’s life. Life isn’t fair. And friendships aren’t perfect. And yes, I see where your master is coming from. But don’t side with his words, because he sympathizes with you. And I’m not saying he’s a liar. But at least hear our sides of the story as well. We’re not all bad. Sometimes we do make mistakes, but we’ve also been fixing them. Just like we’re trying to fix our friendship with you.”

I can see this working, reminds me of when Dash tried to make up her mistake with Spike in the Disney Chronicles: Hercules.

Not bad, takes some bits from Spike and his issues during his Disney Chronicles arc, as well as some quotes pitched here like how hew he calls Twilight out during Karate Kid about no one in Equestria missing him, especially not the girls because they're not really his friends and just Twilight's

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Whether or not these scenarios do happen, whether in the Disney Chronicles or Cinematic Adventures, eventually there may come a point when Spike will one day just snap. As if any and all frustrations he carried over time will eventually break loose under the unhealthiest of circumstance. But until which time, it's all a matter of time and 'when' it happens.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

In terms of TV Tropes, here are a few that would define my dragon OC.

• Blood Knight — He comes from a time and era when fighting was the dragons’ way. And that the better fighter is always the better leader. A dragon that can’t fight isn’t fit to be a dragon.
  • Dragons are Demonic — He’s living proof of how demonic dragons can be.
  • Father to his Men — He may be a pony-hating megalomaniac. But he deep down, he has the best interests for his fellow dragons at heart. Anyone who messes with any of his dragons answers to him.
    Unfortunately, once he’s deemed you a traitor, it’s only a matter of when and how cruel the death will be. The last dragon who betrayed him was his former mate, Scales
    Red Eyes Take Warning — He’s a black dragon with red eyes.
  • Well-Intentioned Extremist — While his desire for a better world and future for his dragons sounds like a noble cause, his methods of achieving that reality are those of a xenophobic who aims to nuke an entire species of ponies off the face of the world.
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

In a way, it sounds like we can expect this Dragon to be very one note. But maybe there's some complexity to him that we're not giving him credit for.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh yeah. There’s lots of complexity to him.

(How complex can Sith Lords need to be?)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Because growing up, we feel that the Sith Lords are the obvious bad guys, and the side of the light must band together to bring down this threat to the galaxy. Yet according to some Sith, even Jedi are considered the villains for their actions and politics. True, the Sith don't have the best reputation but there is some truth in some of their objections against what some believe to be good.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Spike: “This is all too much to take in. Did Equestria really belonged to the dragons?”

Smolder: “Well, Equestria is better than the lands me and Gar-Gar grew up in. That’s for sure.”

Spike: “I mean, I understand where my master is coming from. The ponies invaded and took over the land. Kinda like the Appleloosa s and the Bisons, come to think of it. But it wasn’t the ponies fault! The Windigoes drove the dragons out! Not the other way around…”

Smolder: “Yeah, well…the Windigoes feed off the discord between ponies hatred and racism towards each other. So, when you think about it, it’s kinda their fault. And I’m not saying that because I’m on your master’s side. If anything, I think he needs a hobby…”

Spike: “The more I think about it, the more I feel like…dragons like us were victims of something…cruel and unfair.”

Smolder: “Well, even if it’s true, from what Fluttershy has taught us. That doesn’t give us an excuse to be so mean. It’s true, us dragons are all about fighting fire with fire. But the more fire we fight with, then we could end up burning the whole world. And would you like that?”

Spike: “…No. not really.”

Smolder: “If I’m being honest with you, Spike. I kinda wish to be a pony than being a dragon. The ponies may not have scales, or fangs, or claws, or breathe fire, and granted, some of them are a little weird. But they do have hearts. And you’re lucky to have family’s that took you in, when you were an egg.”

Smolder: “But for us dragons, it’s always about every dragons for themselves. Maybe it’s because of how we were either blessed, or cursed with fire. Fire brings destruction and pain. So, in a way, some dragons feel that that’s their only worth. And because of that, I hear how some dragons would walk a thin path between savagery and…humanity. It will even tear us apart.”

This conversation is based on Jeong Jeong’s lecture to Katara.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Very beautiful and very poetic discussion. Honestly, I can't blame Smolder for wanting to be more of a pony than a dragon. Not to suggest Dragons have 'no' hearts, I believe every species has a heart in some form (Some having the power to heal). But I can understand why Dragons feel that having this ability to project fire is both a blessing and a curse. For all the warmth it can provide, for a sense of comfort and to see one's path, it can also be very destructive if not properly managed. It's no wonder why they are either misunderstood or misrepresented. Then again, would it make dragons better if they were able to breathe ice?

I don't know. I'd hate to live in an eternal winter.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We've already had what felt like an eternal winter when the Ice Age was a thing. Next thing we know, Global Warming becomes a thing and there are very few glaciers left on the Earth. Still a sight to behold, but left unchecked and they won't be there long. Not even Antarctica and people forget that's still a continent.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Another thing about my dragon OC is — in contrast to Sludge — he and Spike share a legitimate father-son bonding. (Adopted that is)

Unfortunately, it’s kind of like a Shredder and Karai-like relation.

Like Shredder, Ēferno is a megalomaniac who can’t stand the very existence of his enemies, but he is a loving father to Spike. But a strict one as well.

In turn, Spike was just glad to finally have someone who was like a father to him. However, this doesn’t mean he’s blind to Ēferno’s hatred towards ponies, and tries his best to dissuade his master to abandon his insane campaign. Kinda like Luke Skywalker to Darth Vader.

Ēferno: “Spike. Of all the dragon warriors I have trained, none have been more devoted as you are. When we first met, you were a slave to the ponies. Now their chains have been broken. Your inner dragon is free at last. Arise my apprentice.”

Spike: “Thank you, master.”

Ēferno: “The ponies believed you to be tamed. They thought that by simply taking away our ancestral home, they can take away our freedom, our fire, and our treasures. But we will show them that we are the superior beings destined to rule this world.”

Spike: “…But…if I could make a suggestion master…why can’t we just be friends with the ponies? They’re not all that bad.”

Ēferno: “We can never be friends with the ponies. Dragons and ponies have never been friends before. How can we be now? Didn’t your so-called friends manipulated you one time too many? Haven’t you catered to their every whims enough? Or how they deliberately wasted your time on pointless promises?”

Spike: “Well, maybe. But I’m sure they never meant it. I know Twilight and the girls. They’re not perfect. But they’re…”

Ēferno: “Ponies. Of course. They’re all the same. The same kind of ponies who bicker and squabble among each other, believing themselves to be better, simply because they control the weather, the sun, and the moon, and creating a blizzard that drove us dragons out of our home!”

Spike: “They didn’t do that on purpose!”

Ēferno: “Then would you call it an accident when a pony decides to steal a baby dragon’s fire and discard him off a cliff, once he has served his purpose?”

If Opaline really is as old as Celestia and Luna as she claims she is, then she’d be one such examples of Ēferno having a bad first impression with ponies, coming to believe that every ponies are evil.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I wouldn't be surprised if Opaline was behind this backstory. Especially since she claims to be a 'fire' alicorn. Like she was born as a spawn from a relation between a pony and a dragon or something.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Taking a page from the deleted scene of TMNT 1990 movie.

Ēferno doesn’t take kindly to dragons who prefer to take the easy way in life. Dragons like Sludge who could barely pull their own weights and rely on manipulation and trickery to get their way.

And when he first learns from Spike about Sludge’s crimes, he wasn’t going to let the fat lard get away with it, without severe consequences.

So, he decided to give Sludge a chance to redeem himself and earn his eats, if he can take a gem from Ēferno’s claws. (Kinda like the Shredder who offers the Foot Thugs he bailed from jail to redeem themselves, by taking the bandana he offers to them, off his shoulder)

Sounds simple enough…simple but hard.

Ēferno’s a 1000 year old dragon who’s hopped up on a dark power, fueled by a meteorite that’s rooted into his heart. And he shows absolutely no mercy to Sludge, practically tenderizing the fat dragon.

He sounds like the kind of dragon that would ally with Sauron. Would he be related to the dragons of Middle-Earth?

Yeah I'm sensing the Shredder vibe from Ēferno. He wants Spike to live up to his full potential, and yet he feels the ponies are always holding him back

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I wouldn't be surprised if a notable portrayer of the Shredder would be the voice of this dragon dude. Course, that depends if they're still around or still acting at least.

Like Kevin Michael Richardson?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah sure, that's not a bad choice. He can portray intimidating characters just fine. Course, I was thinking that one guy who voiced Shredder during the early 2000s cartoon show... but Richardson's a good choice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I was thinking more of Scottie Ray’s Shredder from TMNT 2003. He really sells the scary bad guy with the voice that established he’s different from TMNT 1987.

Scottie certainly does

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 255