Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 255 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 255
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hey everyone! Phantom-Dragon here!

Role-play as a prisoner of Cinematic Adventure aside, this is just a new forum page, made to keep track of OCs who have appeared in the series, and where we can also discuss about the possibilities of other OCs to appear in future Cinematic Adventures (and exclusively in the commentaries).

Enjoy!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Canon OCs

Insert picture.

Race: Pony (Alicorn)
Creator: Mr. E
Bio:

The long-lost prince of Equestria, son of Princess Celestia, Grandmaster of Jedi, and Princess Twilight's crush.

Race: Pony (Pegasus)

Bio:
A mare who originally hailed from Prance (France in Equestria). She came to Ponyville, after her mother had passed away, and was unable to work in their doll shop. Now, she's an employee of Rarity.

Race: Human (Sith)

Bio
A Sith Lord from the Old Republic Era. The Master of the Dead and the keeper of the Eternal Throne. Now, he is in league with the Mysterious Benefactor, Legion of Doom, the Dazzlings, and the Undertaker.

Race: Twi'lek (Sith)

Bio:
Sunset Shimmer's former Sith Apprentice, who immediately defected, following her master's "betrayal." She now answers only to Darth Andromedis.

Race: Human (Jedi)

Bio:
A colleague of former Grandmaster Satele Shan and Darth Andromedis's arch nemesis, from the Old Republic Era. She now serves as one of Sunset Shimmer's spirit guides, alongside Satele Shan, Darth Marr, and Revan.

Race: Ghost
Creator: Phantom-Dragon

Bio:
A mysterious and malevolent spirit who is said to be an agent of other malevolent spirits. Their purpose is to evoke as much negative emotions to feed.

Race: Bat Pony
Creator(s): Mr. E

Bio:
Princess Luna’s trusted general, whom she is currently dating. Nuff said.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

This comment, and the following comments below, we’ll be discussing other OCs, as well as our own (and bounce ideas on how they can contribute to Mr. E’s Cinematic Adventures).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Potential OCs

Race: Dragon
Creator: Phantom-Dragon

Bio:
A Dragon Lord of olden times (when Starswirl the Bearded was young) and perhaps the most fiendish and ruthless in history. He nearly conquered Equestria – which he claimed formerly belonged to the dragons – until after an epic battle, he mysteriously disappeared.

Race: Ponies (Unicorn, Pegasi, and Earth Ponies)
Creator(s): Duo-Cartoonists

Bio:
Once, a herd of homeless children and orphans, they were chosen to form a secret colony established by Princess Luna. Sometime after Princess Luna's fall and Nightmare Moon's banishment, her "children" have mysteriously disappeared. To this day, no one knows what happened to them.

Gari. One of Princess Luna's children

Creator: Hasbro

Bio:
The former king of Equestria, before Princess Celestia and Princess Luna were born, and a former student of Starswirl the Bearded. All recorded history of him were lost.

Race: Earth ponies (zombies)
Gender(s): Male and female
Creator: Donitz

Bio:
A herd of ponies who were cut off from civilization, and all bore blank flanks, despite all of them being adults. Legend has it that they were cursed and condemn for their sins, after the murder of a filly who earned her cutie mark.

Drawn by WubcakeVA.

Race: Gorgon (Formerly human)
Creator(s): Sony Pictures Animation (Formerly; disowned)
Us, the bronies (adopted)

Bio:
Once upon a time, in Ancient Greek, Medusa was famed for her unnatural beauty. That is, until she “sets off” the wrong goddess’s jealousy.

Now, in modern time, she was found and befriended by the Rainbooms, who help her to rediscover her lost humanity and learn “What makes you different can make you strong.”

Race: Pegasus
Creator(s): Silly Filly Studios

Bio:
Snowdrop is blind. However, her great sense of hearing makes up for this. At school, she was often bullied because of her disability. She views both winter and the night as underappreciated. She created snowflakes by molding snow into what she considered to be stars. She is a close friend of Luna’s. She lived prior to Princess Luna's transformation into Nightmare Moon.

Race: Human (force wielder)
Creator(s): Lucasfilm? George Lucas?

Bio:
The grandson of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, nephew of Luke Skywalker, son and only child of Han Solo and Princess Leia, and Sunset Shimmer’s Jedi-Padawan.

Growing up with familiar traits of his grandfather, and a fiery temper to match Sunset Shimmer’s, both parents and uncle feared of the possible future where Ben falls to the Dark Side.

Undeterred, Sunset Shimmer was more than willing to help young Ben avoid such awful fate.

Note #1: Ben will have a heated rivalry with Demetria — Sunset’s former Sith Apprentice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Now then, my dragon Ēferno. He isn’t just for the Cinematic Adventure, or the Game Quest series.

I’ve had him long before the MLP fandom.

Admittedly, he started off as an OC I made for the Spyro the Dragon universe, specifically The Legend of Spyro universe.

But then, over the years, I’ve learned more tools of the trade to building a character and I’ve had some new perspectives.

Like a foil and a perk.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

It’s Princess Luna’s “children”, whom I’m interested to know about their lore(s).

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Regarding Maddie:

TV Tropes

• Adaptational Heroism — Unlike the original mythology, and few other adaptions, that depicted her as a mindless, and ugly monster who takes pleasure to turn people to stones, this Medusa (or Maddie, as her friends call her) is a shy introvert, who is an ally of the Rainbooms.
  • Affectionate nickname — Her friends call her Maddie.
  • Cute Monster Girl — In a complete contrast to her legend, she’s a timid Gorgon who is withdrawn, but very kind and loyal to anyone she deems her friends.
  • Ms. Fanservice — She’s quite the looker, before her curse. Click here.
  • Tragic Monster — She was just normal girl, who is the Black Sheep from a family of monsters, and just wanted to be accepted by the people of her home, in Athens. Unfortunately, in an event beyond her control, she upsets the wrong goddess and was cursed…for life.

Hey Phantom, is Maddie have any relations to the Gorgons from The movie, Small Soldiers, by any chance.

Yeah what is their society like or how did they form it and how are their future progeny running it and where is it located

Name: Hudson
Race: 1951 Hudson Hornet
Creator: PlymouthFury58
Bio: After his driver was killed in an accident that ended his NASCAR career, he was left to wander the great American roads. He usually communicates with other machines using his headlights as Morse code, but when he rarely opens up to organic beings he talks through his radio. Has a heated rivalry with Jude.

Name: Jude
Race: 1955 Peterbilt 281 Semi
Creator: PlymouthFury58
Bio: In all his years of existence, Jude has held a hatred for drivers. He stalks the deserted highways chasing down motorists until they have been mercilessly killed. He keeps himself silent most of the time, only communicating when he is riled up enough or blaring his horn while chasing a victim. He absolutely loathes Hudson for his caring of humans' well-being, especially when it is he who always thwarts him. He never refers to himself as Jude, as he sees names as weak as organic beings. Hudson gave him the name.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

You mean the Gorgonites? I don’t think so.

Name: Cosmos (AND NOT THE COMIC ONE! Just Trust me on this one)
Creator(s): Hasbro & Lionsgate
Cutie Mark:

Bio: Once upon a time in a long time ago, before the time of Equestria when Celestia and Luna are alicorns and before they were princesses, they weren't the only siblings that lived together, they have a little brother who would do everything together until a certain event happened that made them drift apart then a few years later made Princess Luna became Nightmare Moon.

Years Later, He now returns with scars and armor and will find her sisters to either get revenge or make amends for what he's done.

(Note #1: The concept idea and art of the "Original Cosmos" came in 2017 before it was changed to Tempest Shadow and Before the Comic "Cosmos" in 2019
Note #2: I'm using the rough concepts of Cosmos/Tempest Shadow

True. I really like the white unicorn filly with the pink-purple mane. She looks like a Sweetie Belle ancestor, and just a lil' cinnamon bun in general

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We've had quite a ton of OCs taking part in this series as of late. And this selection is likely not going to be among the last. We just can't make any announcements on who else we have in mind until the proper time comes.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Fair enough.

Still, these OCs, their lores, the tropes, and the people behind their stories are up for discussion. I just thought this page is another to pass the time.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’m thinking this trope can also apply to Maddie.

Ascended Extra — She was going to have her own movie, sponsored and produced by Sony Pictures Animations. They scrapped it — together with Popeye the Sailor — for the Emoji Movie. But then she was adopted by the bronies, WubcakeVA in general. Her story was rebooted and revived for everyone to read.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah you could apply it for Maddie. I mean after all, it is only fair.

Speaking of OC's, remind me to never show you all my OCs, your guys already have seen Xerian and know what he look like.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We've been through this. We're not to share a discussion on such OC's that have been giving the series some trouble (And ergo cost a former member a place in the group). Do you wish to open up an old wound again?

The fact you're still 'here' in the group is what we'd consider to be... a 'miracle'.

Comment posted by shadowshion deleted Sep 6th, 2022

Snowdrop is a very special My Little Pony OC, and Princess Luna's wonderful and dearest friend. :)

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And her story was a heart warmer too!

Awesome Lists! :twilightsmile: :pinkiehappy:
Here some Voice Fancast Ideas:
Storm Shield: Either Burnie Burns or Steven Blum
Parfaite: Tabitha St Germain

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Indeed it was. Hence why it's one of the most famous fan created projects of all time. Snowdrop may not appear in the series 'canonically' but she's so loved by the fans for this one brief little snippet, that they embraced her as part of their culture in a sense.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh! I just remembered another important OC, whom I’ve been needing to exercise a good character development with!

Maybe in the Batman trilogy, she can learn a thing or two from the Cinematic cape crusader.

Race: Earth Pony (it seems)
Creator(s): Hasbro & Lionsgate
Cutie Mark: Unknown

Bio:
A mysterious pony, who is a huge fan of Princess Twilight and friends’ heroics. So much, she took the mantle of the original Mysterious Mare-Do-Well, and strives to become the next generation of heroes.

Note: For an earth pony, she seems to be getting around a lot!

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Can I ask how you do the portraits for oc?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Here. It’s all in this guide: https://www.fimfiction.net/articles/bbcode

Look under “[ figure ]”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Ah yeah, the elusive 'Mysterious Mare Do Well'. Like in those stories you did for a while. Was actually pretty entertaining even though we had no idea who the pony was under the mask. But even so, it was a delightful read if I do say so myself.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Yeah. Sorry again for the delays. I really need to work out a system of schedules and balancing.

But I’m slowly, but surely, been thinking up ideas for our heroine.

• She’ll receive some roller blades that can help her go fast as she skates across the streets, floor, even learning how to grind on things like bars, or fences, to get across. (After falling down and getting up a few times.
  • She’ll also learn how to fashion herself some kind of glider into her cape. While she can’t exactly fly, she’ll at least be able to glide across long distance, without worrying to fall.
  • Also, I was thinking about giving her some kind of “suction horse shoes?” Shoes with suction cups that lets her climb walls.
  • Smoke bombs, which she got from Trixie.
  • Night vision goggles. Fashioned into her goggles. Let’s her see in the dark. Kerfluffle helped (without knowing).

So, as you can see. I’ve had a lot of time brainstorming on the kinds of gadgets for MMDW to use. And the more I thought about them, the more I thought about Batman Arkham series, with all the fancy gadgets:

Batarang
Zip line
Explosive gels
Code breakers

I’m just looking for inspirations to keep going.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh certainly, it be interesting to see how the mare puts her gadgets at work. They may not always work the way she'd want them to, but what she 'can' accomplish is using the resources she obtains and makes the most of her situation.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Storm Shield is the long-lost son of Princess Celestia. According to him, he’s been in the Cinemas longer than anyone, and that he’s currently a Jedi Grand Master.

He’s lived a long time. Having been trained by a younger Yoda.

But still, one big question remains: How did he get trapped in the Sorcerer’s Stone to begin with? And by whom?

And what if he wasn’t the only one? What if there are more ponies, and creatures, like him who are all trapped stones as well?

I like a good mystery. But not when the answers are more mystery.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hmmm. I’ve heard of anti-heroes, but recently, I didn’t know there was a thing called anti-villains.

I just assumed they’re both the same. But now:

Anti-Heroes — A protagonist, or notable figure, who doesn’t always perform heroic deeds, and are only in it for their own personal gains.

Anti-Villain — A character whose end goals are for the good of their people, or community, but their methods are deemed questionable.

Thank you very much for these definitions. I’ve always wondered the differences.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’ve been wondering about them to. I hope I got them right.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

In Empire Strikes Back, Mr. E once mentioned of a Night Sister OC, named “Khaleena.”

Race: Dathomirians (Night Sister)
Bio:

An old flame of Storm Shield. She died at the hands of General Grievous.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know that's a pretty good question actually. It was never fully explained as far as 'how' Storm Shield had been inside that stone in the first place or for that matter why. But hopefully we'll learn more about him sometime in the series.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

New from Batman Begins!

Race: Siren
Bio:

A siren, like the Dazzlings, who was found off the streets of Gotham, and was taken in by Poison Ivy. Hmm. How did she came to Gotham to begin with? She doesn’t to know the Dazzlings from the beginning.

Could it be, both she and Storm Shield had an epic battle in the distant past that somehow resulted in their…exile and Storm’s imprisonment?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It is a mystery as far as what brought her to Gotham City in the first place. Had she come on her own free will or was she also the subject of banishment during her time in Equestria, but while she resembles a teenager it is possible that she surpassed the Dazzlings in terms of age. For all we know, she could be as ancient as Storm Shield himself.

Which begs the question... since Storm Shield had been around for a thousand years prior to the events of the Cinematic Adventures, would he know about Zoe Pink Star? So many questions.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Inspired by a dialogue between Wenwu and Shang-Chi. Something I wanted to practice with, between my OC and Spike.

A banter between mentor and apprentice. Anti-hero and hero. Father(or father-figure) and son.

????: "Spike...don't be foolish. Don't do this. You can't stop me. I've taught you everything you know..."

Spike: "Not everything. For one, friendship is magic. Twilight taught me that."

????: "...You still chose those ponies over your own heritage? After everything they've put you through? The humiliations? The lies? The discriminations?"

????: "I was stuck in a limbo, watching over you. Helpless to change your destiny...and your fate. You were raised ignorance! You've spent your whole life in the shadows of a pony! Always serving, always treated like a dog on a leash, every doors smacked to the face! Every scraps of food robbed from you! And every thunderbolts fired at you..."

????: "You were pitted to fight against one of those accursed WWE wrestlers for their own selfish entertainments. They pitted you in a cage to fight to the death. And when you needed them the most...they left you for dead in favor of one of their owns!"

????: "Humans and ponies, they are all alike! They stole our treasures, took us from our own family, and turned us into their own tools of war! That's all they ever see of us. Mere tools to make lives easier for them. They robbed us of our identities! Our roots and heritage! I broke the chain that enslaved you to their selfishness. And still...you sided alongside them?"

Spike: "I was taken from my mother, just as much as many other dragons have been taken from theirs! But you don't see me going all bloodlust crazy about it! Maybe Twilight and her friends were wrong about me. I'm not a pony! But I am their friend! Ponies aren't like that anymore! They don't hurt us dragons like they used to! And the same goes for all of the humans we've made friends with!"

Spike: "You may not like it, but dragons are just as flawed as ponies and humans are! We're not perfect, but we're trying to change! And that means a lot more than you think! My mom is proof of that!"

Spike: "All I wanted was to learn how to grow strong and fight to protect my friends. Not to grow up and become a killer!"

A/N: Initially, I thought of using my OC for another branch of the "Extra Cuts" in my commentaries, where he communicates to Spike via his dreams, teaching him how to fight.

But after the revelation of Spike's mom... Lately, I've been having second thoughts regarding the story arcs for my OC.

And I've decided to make him exclusive only to Game Quest (so his cameos are, in a way, promoting Game Quest). Also, I'm having plans for a stand-alone fanfic, featuring him and Spike.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Could make some promising banter for this one particular sequence. Definitely something worth taking under some consideration.

That would make for a neat scene to use

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

For the time being it would appear to be. But what's left is to find if there's a place for this bit of dialogue under the project of discussion.

Here's some more Voice Fancast Ideas:
Zoe Pink Star: Either Jessica Nigri, Grey Delisle or Cristina Vee
MMDW (Mysterious Mare Do Well) : Tara Strong (In the Style of Batgirl from "Batman: The Animated Series)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

They are not bad choices on the contrary. Specifically with Zoe Pink Star. If not her original artist herself, then any one of these actors could be fitting for the part. It just depends on how the character should be portrayed.

Name: Holy Spirit
Race: Unicorn
Creator: Wanda92 (ME!)

Bio: Holy Spirit is a unicorn pony who believes in the spirits of Equestria. When she was a little filly, everypony makes fun of her name which made her very devastated. One night, Holy Spirit prays to the spirits of Equestria and hoped she'll have a normal life, and she earned her cutie mark that represents praying. A few days later, everypony was wrong about her after she earned her cutie mark, then they asked Holy Spirit if she can teach them how to pray, and she accepted it.

Cutie Mark:

Why do I feel like Carrie might get PTSD from her?

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 255