Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 163 )
  • Viewing 51 - 100 of 163
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know... Carrie could use some friends of her own. She's kind of like the 'Fluttershy' if she was really messed up, and since she & Fluttershy are 'Super Shy Friends' no doubt she's been a great help in Fluttershy's sanctuary. So naturally Carrie being buddy-buddy with Tom & Jerry would be fun, even if that was mainly Discord's fault... 'again'. So long as Carrie realizes that Tom & Jerry have this friendly rivalry ordeal that often goes too far if it gets too out of hand.

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

:rainbowhuh:Tom and Jerry. At Hogwarts? :pinkiehappy:The hilarity would be intensified!! Bring them onboard, this will be awesome!!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

You might even say Peeves will approve.

I'm 100% ok with that idea

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh absolutely! Peeves would utterly thrive with all the zany shenanigans and whatnot.

Considering how dark the "Harry Potter" movies tend to get, having the cat and mouse duo get into their usual hijinks would be a breath of comic relief.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'd have to at least have 'something' lighthearted especially for this one project in particular. Especially since it's mainly in the commentary.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

While we’re on the topic of Tom and Jerry, let’s not forget that they “practically” have had Cinematic Adventures of their own in the Wizard of Oz and Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory.

Though, I’ve read the latter didn’t exactly hold up, compared to the former.

So in the upcoming “Discord’s Cut” we’re gonna think outside the box, and really live up to the Tom and Jerry hype than in the aforementioned movies listed above.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Tom and Jerry are the oldest cartoons that dated way back in 1940 to modern times (though I’m not so sure about the present days version).

Call me old fashioned, but I kinda like the classics better.

The Tom and Jerry Cartoon Kit

Not to mention the rare moments when Tom speaks.

“HELP! GOD! LEMME OUT—“ — Tom

“One custard pie?! LEMME HAVE IT!” — Tom

And his classic screams.

I’m sure his voice actor lost his voice from doing all that.

And who can forget last year’s cinema starring these two knuckleheads?

As an animator, I give my praise to the artists who worked behind the scenes to bring Tom and Jerry to the 3D world, while keeping their movements as fluent, and cartoonish as possible. Not to mention the violence that comes in these scenes.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Speaking of Hogwarts…

Galaxy far away, or no Galaxy far away, there’s really no place for Sunset to escape from Discord.

Believe it or not, I had plans for Sunset to return to Hogwarts with Juniper and Wallflower Blush, as students.

…At least that was the plan, until Mr. E inconveniently “wrote” Sunset out.

But, Discord being Discord would care less, and will pull her to the Wizarding World against her will. (Including PostWar, Galen, and possibly Ben, can join the ride. I honestly don’t know anymore).

Here’s what I’m thinking:

To Sunset Shimmer,

We are pleased to inform you that you have been accepted to Hogwarts’s School of Witchcraft and Wizardry.

By reading this message, then you have accepted the position of Defense Against the Dark Art’s teacher assistant.

We would also like to inform you that you are qualified for the Auror trainee program.

By reading the first two parts of the message, then you cannot back out. You’ve accepted the jobs against your will.

If you’re still reading this message, to this part, then you’re a bigger nitwit than you were a Sith.

If you’re still reading this message, then you lose 50 points from Gryffindor.

IF you are still reading this message to the end, then congratulations. You’ve wasted 30 seconds reading this message, which will explode.

Have a nice day!

Love the talented, courageous, suave, and absolutely handsome OFFICIAL Hufflepuff Professor Discord!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Some people liked those movies, others... not so much. It's actually pretty funny that those two did crossovers with those movies, just as we did those crossovers during the first season.

Tom & Jerry have often been my favorite cartoons to watch. I'll admit I never saw the recent movie, but I heard things about it. I'm sure animation wise they really did the best they could, but fans often complained about the premise. As for the other events such as Tom's rare speaking lines, those moments go to demonstrate that Tom's speaking in their first animated movie was really not the 'first' occurrence. It's just the idea of characters like Tom & Jerry 'speaking' are one and a few, something most fans don't take much thought with.

Writing a character out may be putting it rather strongly. We may or may not consider having Sunset make her return. Let's just this has been planned out for some time.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Okay. Now let’s get back to talking about Discord and the Chamber of Secrets.

Knowing Discord, being the self-proclaimed professor of Hogwarts that he is (NOT!) here’s how he runs his class.

(Pretend that Carrie White, Ginny Weasley, and Luna Lovegood are in the crowd)

Discord: “…and the cloppings!”

Peeves: “That’s right~” (Breaks the fourth wall) “I’ve seen what you do to us in your free times.”

*Awkward Crickets Chirping SFX*

Resumes song.

(2:55)
And pretend that’s really Tara Strong talking to Discord about him running his “class.”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Discord: (To everyone in the forum) “You know, fun fact. I did once sign a contract with a big time video game producer, for a game, starring me, in my freshman years in college.”

Raycord Legends teaser

Discord: -_- “They dropped it!”

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

Whoa, me in Harry Potter? Huh, always wanted to try out the wizarding life.

That’s very nice and be amazing IF that were to happen PostWar. When we do get to the next Harry Potter movie

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

That, would be amazing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Still arguably one of the funniest animations that the fandom has put together, especially for a documentary. Not to mention the star quality they got for this little project.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No kidding! Jan Animation Studios is one of those animators who got me into the brony fandom.

Well, him and DuoCartoonists with Children of the Night.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Those were some of the best groups of animators and their work showed. Almost no other group comes close to their level of attention in quality. I mean I'm sure there 'are', but those are the first two that often come to mind.

Not to mention it had a sick Music Level to boot!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Not sure where that came from. But yeah, you'll be sure to offer some decent commentary if and when we get to that part.

Comment posted by Postwarmonkey50 deleted Oct 24th, 2022
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hello everyone!

This is just a notice. But due to some complications, kathmlp2020 has been unable to meet their deadlines.

They’ve been demoted to OMEGA Commentaries — which means they’re not allowed to role-play, except to cater foods to the audience, and to work on the Cinematic Adventures’s Food Menu.

So, until another a BETA can be found, I’ll have to pick up where kathmlp2020 left off in Ace Ventura.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Somehow I knew that was going to happen. But, it had to be done. Sometimes life is just too much to fully commit to even something so small. Well, they won't have to stress about it any longer.

Comment posted by kathmlp2020 deleted Nov 1st, 2022
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So…how should we move on from here?

From my understanding, from here on forward:

1. Only two more stories to go to the end of Season 2.
  2. Harry Potter movies have been established to be the grand finale of every seasons, til Deathly Hallows.
  3. Mr. E’s It’s Showtime spin-offs have yet to be completed, so we don’t exactly know the full details of the Equestria Girls’ impacts to Once Upon a Time or Game of Thrones. (Yes. I know, the same with mine. But hey, mine are Looney Tunes, Tom and Jerry, and Masters of the Universe. Plus, I’ve been using them as guest-stars in my extra cut commentaries now and then…)

I’m thinking — for every Harry Potter Cinematic Adventures — instead of just sitting in the theater(s) and watching the entire adventure, the audience are whisked away to the wizarding world as part of Equestria’s newly renewed alliance with the Wizarding World (and by extension, the Galaxy).

This will build up to the final battle in The Deathly Hallows, for all of us, and our audience.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And I just had a stroke of inspiration, from the Grand Jury.

But I’m thinking for any inexperienced or insecure commentators (Betas and Omegas) who needed to practice to better sharpen their creativity, and to improve on their grammars, they can practice in the quote suggestion forum threads.

This way, in case Mr. E and Drama have decided on any of the scenes pitched to use in their final draft, by then, the commentators will have a set of reactions ready, and at the very least, improved their grammars, and will be in-character.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Sounds like it could be a good plan.

I guess so. Their grammar work DEFINITELY needs some heavy-duty clean-up. I slap my head so many times seeing how they turn out and I think, 'Did you NOT look at your work before posting?'.

About that...
That would mean that the G5 characters would be interacting with G4, something I feel like is best to be saved for the main story, considering it would be a major revelation.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

About that...
That would mean that the G5 characters would be interacting with G4, something I feel like is best to be saved for the main story, considering it would be a major revelation.

Hmmm.

Well, everyone? What do you think of this notion?

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

I think that could work actually, and Sunny Starscout would have a chance to meet her idols, and that she may, or may not tell them of what happened in Equestria's future, and that the Mane 6 will do what they can to stop them and find Opaline before she causes any more, harm.

And speaking of said villain, the Benefactor could also come and make a deal with her, that if she was willing to join, she would gain as much power as she wants. It may not be revealed in the Netflix series, but at least it will give us something to describe her when it comes to certain villains.

Yeah, agree with what Postwar said

What I meant to say was: best saved for the main story instead of the commentary, just in case you need some clarification. I have trouble being too vague sometimes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If I'm going to be honest, we never really 'planned' anything with the G5 cast, at least not yet. One time, Ponydog proposed covering stories centered on the G5 cast and not asking 'us' to do it, but him to do it. Naturally, we were uncomfortable with that idea, and we told him we didn't approve of it. Then he got all mad, threw a hissy fit, and we had to take care of it.

If I was proposing covering the series that didn't involve our main cast, you'd tell me now, and I was the one who threw a fit for not getting my way, how would 'you' feel? Wouldn't you have done the same?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

If I was proposing covering the series that didn't involve our main cast, you'd tell me now, and I was the one who threw a fit for not getting my way, how would 'you' feel? Wouldn't you have done the same?

No. Throwing a hissy fit is not the way to convince people to have your way. Plus, it’s unprofessional.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I know. Course, I politely thanked the man for his honesty yet informed him that due to that response I had no choice but to arrange for his suspension. It was only going to be for a week, and I intended to allow him back... but then he decided to do a G5 series on movies anyway, even if it was part of a separate series. I'm not even upset that he posted the stories, as far as I'm concerned, he's on his own on that one. What made me upset is because he asked for my opinion, I said 'no', and he did it anyway. If he was going to do it anyway, why even ask me? What's the point? My opinion wasn't going to matter to him anyway, and yet it really shouldn't.

How would you feel? You ask me for something, I give an honest answer, and you do something anyway?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

How would you feel? You ask me for something, I give an honest answer, and you do something anyway?

Yeah, I’d certainly be upset. It’s that guy from The Disney Chronicles all over again.

I told him not to publish Fantasia 2000 because it wasn’t ready, and it hasn’t been approved yet by Dinodisneylover1.

And you know how that worked out…

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Yeah... and he still comments on Dino's channel, just because he supposedly did a huge favor for the man. I still do not trust him nor am I making any effort to think otherwise. But if Dino still wants to keep him around, that's his decision... I just need to remind myself there are more important things to look forward to. Such as the fact that a new chapter has been posted for our latest project and I'm proud of my part in helping Mr. Enigma getting it ready for the fans.

For films like The Polar Express and the Jurassic World movies, I think it would be cool for our respective audiences to experience them in Imax viewing. I once saw The Polar Express in Imax and I was blown away; sure, it feels gimmicky in retrospect, but it's still cool.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We make 'fanfics' Plymouth, we're not preparing movies for YouTube. Then we're 'all' going to be in more trouble than we already are. The best we can do is maintain the projects in fanfiction form.

That is not what I meant. Essentially, the "commentary" audience gets an Imax experience. In written form, is what I meant.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You know what? You do whatever you want. I don't see the benefit in all of that, but if that's what you want, who knows? Maybe people will actually like it even if it still doesn't make sense to me.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Can someone get Arctic and Shadowshion in this discussion? Because want everyone to know that I got the green light from Mr. E for the go ahead on our participation for Shrek’s karaoke party at the end.

Here’s the plan:

The Dazzlings are returning for another shot at the theaters. They’ll be attacking Ponyville, Equestria Girls, and the Galaxy.

1. Revenge on Sonata Dusk for their defeat in Gotham (which they wrought on themselves to begin with)
2. Equestria Girls because of their defeat at the Battle of the Bands.
3. Sunset…because they hate her of course.

And the plan for us is to SING louder than them. So loud that we make their ears bleed.

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

I'll try to contact them.

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

Alright, I sent them a link, hopefully they'll get my message.

I’m here. Just got the message

Postwarmonkey50
Group Admin

Can someone get Arctic and Shadowshion in this discussion? Because want everyone to know that I got the green light from Mr. E for the go ahead on our participation for Shrek’s karaoke party at the end.

Wait, as in "Shrek in the Swamp Karaoke Dance party"?

• Viewing 51 - 100 of 163