Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 348 )
  • Viewing 251 - 300 of 348
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha's Log #19 – 678

Me:

After another death defying experience, escaping from the imps, and their hellhound. Then, as if it couldn't get any worse, we had a run in with the Mad Hatter a.k.a Jervis Tetch, plus the March Hare, who I think is Bugs Bunny, mind-controlled.

Luckily, thank our lucky stars, Carrie and I...we got away. We connected with Fluttershy and the others and...

This is still a lot to process for myself...I mean, is this really the same girl who traumatized my childhood? The one who is...whom I'm protecting right now? Who's kinda like Chloe Grace Moretz, but not. I don't know anymore... When I'm seeing Carrie, I...I'm both scared...but I also felt like a connection with her. Like...she's a different person. One second, I still remember how she haunted my dreams, when I was a child. But then, another second, she's...she's someone else entirely...

When I was a kid, my mom and I were looking through the TV channels, until we came upon a scene of Carrie dancing at the prom. At first, it looked beautiful, and then came the blood. Before I knew it, all hall broke loose. There was fire, there people screaming, and Carrie stood at the center of it all...drenched in blood and everything. I huddled into my mom's arms, scared out of my mind. And to this day, I could still hear those people screaming, and Carrie's bloody visage, at the center of the fire, standing, staring into my soul...

I've felt that way my entire life, like I could die at any moment, or that my own parents would turn on me, the same as Margaret White, or that I could become something worse than Carrie was...until now.

Her being Fluttershy's friend, and...my purpose to protect her, especially from Margaret White and Chris, from Hell...I started seeing this different side of her, that I hadn't noticed before, when I was a kid. It was like looking at a reflection.

She never asked for her powers, or for her mother to treat her so horribly, or for the world to be against her. She's just a scared, lost, and traumatized kid who was probably misguided as much as I was. The only difference was...I have a loving family, but Carrie...she had no friends to turn to, until Fluttershy. She doesn't have the proper parental care that some of us were fortunate to have. No one to protect her from her tormentors.

Was Carrie the only Stephen King movie you've ever watched?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No.

Growing up, I watched Cujo, Cat’s Eye, Children of the Corn, and IT(both the remake and the original with Tim Curry — is this the same guy who played Nigel Thornberry, Sally Acorn’s father, and also Darth Sidious from Star Wars: The Clone Wars?)

Yep. And was the Concierge in Home Alone 2

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

If it's any consideration, Carrie was always the victim more than the monster. And you were right, she never asked for any of the mistreatment upon her and she never treated anyone else so coldly. She wasn't even born a sociopath. She was only made a killer because of a prank that went too far, nobody tried to reach out to her with kindness or understanding (Well, least not 'everyone'), and in some way she was built up to believe she had nothing to lose. No real family, no friends, no life after the massacre... word would get out about what she done regardless if she escaped from the collapsing house or not and she would never be safe.

So in a sense, there's a slight bit of justification with the C.A. as to why we felt she deserved to be spared. To have a chance to be happy and maybe provide us a chance to get to know the 'real' Carrie instead of the small, meek little girl we've been used to for years.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19 — 692

My group and I have arrived in Wayne Manor. It took a lot to explain everything to the Mane Six. Some took it almost as well as Fluttershy did. But we all got settled. We hoped to not be too much of a bother for the Equestrian Heroes. We’re more than willing to help them in their fight against the Dazzlings and Chrysalis, from the sidelines.

That is…if somehow, we don’t run into those imps and hellhound again.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'm sure your team can provide a bit of assistance in some form. But you do raise a valid point. So long as those imps and hellhound are on the loose, and clearly won't settle for a chance to clear up some understanding, those guys are definitely going to complicate matters even if they were just doing their jobs. It's as Loona said in that 'Human and the Hellhound' audio drama, they never ask their clients questions about the targets they are instructed to hit they just do the work to make money.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Alpha’s Log #19 — 761

Hunter, Shadow, and I took Carrie and Derick out for a night in Gotham City to relax.

We went to a party at a fancy restaurant in one of the hotels. The same party where Bruce Wayne was going to have a chat with some higher ups.

Anyway, I was chaperoning both Carrie and Derick, when we had a run-in with Sonata and this Goth girl named Loona.

Sonata was even more crestfallen than she was the other day. This time, her sister threatened to shoot a bullet into her head. The nerve.

But Sonata aside, I just got an update from Postwar about the Mane Six being kidnapped by the Court of Owls and sent back to Wayne Manor.

What could those owl fanatic cults be up to, I wonder?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Knowing that Cult, it was anything but good. The only reason our heroes are even the slightest bit free is because those guys want them alive. They were merely issuing a warning to our heroes.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Phew. A lot has happened.

The Dazzlings betraying Sonata. Sonata now on our side and…currently on the run, after she happened to “crash” land on Pharynx, and taking his 24/7 Championship title, and belt. Now she’s gone into hiding with everyone afflicted with gold fevers after…some have even bought tacos as baits, to trap her in.

But aside that, Mr. E has enlightened to me and Postwar and some of us that the artifacts the Seeds Family and the Court used were from Misthaven (the Enchanted Forest).

Once Upon a Time.

This is a lot to take in. But if that were the truth…hmmm. Could the Benefactor, the Dark One, or this Mysterious “N” be from Misthaven?

I’m one for Disney but…then again, Star Wars is technically Disney. But still…this leads to more questions.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Anyway, the import thing now is…Carrie is safe. And after our last encounter with I.M.P (Immediate Murder Professionals), they won’t be coming back to off her anytime soon.

And a good thing we got in touch with Charlie Morningstar. She’s going to keep an eye on both Carrie’s mom and Chris, at her Hazbin Hotel. Those bitches won’t ruin Carrie’s life anytime soon.

Although, Carrie’s been acting weird, as of late. I heard her mentioning something about a king. And sometimes, she just seems…out of it. I know she scares me sometimes, but that’s even creepier…

I guess I’m still getting used to becoming her friend. Stephen King, what have you done to me?

Also, the two hitchhikers we picked up from Gotham.

Isabelle has been fitting in okay. Both she and Mayor Mare have somehow managed to hit it off with each other. And Fluttershy somehow understood her language. But that’s Fluttershy.

As for Krystal…the little fox appears to be showing characteristics of the Jedi’s way of the Force. Except she’s totally unfamiliar to the Force, or the ways of the Jedi, or even the Sith.

I’ve asked about her past and her backgrounds, but her answers just gives me more questions.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Those were definitely not random thefts. Only someone very familiar with the artifacts would know how great they are.

That's Krystal for you. The very same fox whom for some reason found a home teaming with Gordon Freeman in one alternate universe. Even got her original voice actor to do lines for that game.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hey Tim Ribbert!

You’ve got some orders to fill in the following link.

https://www.fimfiction.net/story/462028/cinematic-adventures-shrek#comment/11482624

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Better make it fast Mr. Ribbert. Those customers can get mighty angsty and Doc's going to have to clean up the theater if there's blood on the carpets... again.

So I have a question? What would it take to get a job here?

Also are we allowed to have characters from other 'universes' react in Discord's Theater? Like maybe a secondary branch of sorts? (Or just for fun?) Not trying to be upsetting, I'm just curious.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So I have a question? What would it take to get a job here?

From Mr. E's standards and Drama's criteria (as well as Discord's chaotic qualification...), it depends on:

1. How creative you can be with your writing, based on:
  2. How knowledgeable you of almost every MLP/EQG characters to be in-character, enough for their reactions to the Cinematic Adventures to be genuine. It helps that, when in doubt, I just have Big Mac say: "Eeyup," or "Nope," to whatever's happening on the big screen.
  3. Some pop-culture references are fun to read, now and then, so that's my approach when I'm working on my commentaries.
  4. And above all, how flexible and fast you can be to posting these commentaries.

At work (in real life), I'm always working to collecting, making, and editing video assets on time. But whenever my employers assigned me to something that's top-priority, or on a tight schedule, that I immediately drop everything to get my assignment done as soon as possible. And that's kinda the same for me here, in the Cinematic Adventure.

When Mr. E posts a new chapter, then I would immediately work to post up a commentary. However, if real-life has brought up something more important for me to deal with, then I should at least let Mr. E and Drama know that I'll get to it later. Because from my understanding, every employers need to know where everybody is at all times. Nothing too specific, but informative enough.

Also are we allowed to have characters from other 'universes' react in Discord's Theater? Like maybe a secondary branch of sorts? (Or just for fun?) Not trying to be upsetting, I'm just curious.

I would say "just for fun." So long as it doesn't interfere and complicate too much with each other's commentaries.

I'm still trying to work out some of the systems.

Don't get me wrong, I want the commentaries to be as open and enjoyable for readers and members alike. But apparently, not many are understanding what I'm even saying.

I'm contributing by writing the audiences' reactions, but I also want to do it in a way that counts as a "subplot," to the Cinematic Adventures.

I'm fine with everyone reacting along with my commentaries and vice versa. But when they do it in a way that's "interfering" like the way Toonwriter did, then it gets too confusing and nobody will understand what is really happening.

Do you understand?

Help me out here, Mr. E and Drama. What exactly are you looking for in the commentaries?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I guess the trick to the Cinematic Adventure's commentaries' "Extra Discord Cuts" or "subplot" from the audience in general, is that they stay relevant to Cinematic Adventures' story, without being too invasive or complicated.

Think of it like Tom and Jerry and the Chocolate Factory, Tom and Jerry and the Wizard of Oz, Mario and Luigi: Superstar Saga + Bowser's minion subplots, etc.

Our leading protagonists have been inserted into another story that already has a plot and a driving conflict. They're allowed to make minor changes for a different outcome. But it still follows the same storyline in general that the author has already decided.

Kinda like how Tom and Jerry are friends with Charlie Buckets, and they followed him into the chocolate factory to warn him and Willy Wonka about Slugworth, but their shenanigans and antics don't change much of the original movie's story, which ended with Willy Wonka, Charlie, and his grandfather in the elevator...thing.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

:facehoof: What am I saying?

Sometimes, I broke my own rules when I included Sunset Shimmer, Wallflower Blush, Juniper Montage, and by extension, Discord, in the final battle in Harry Potter and the Philosophers Stone (though, in my defense, Discord did say that no one will remember them in the aftermath).

And then in the Star Wars trilogy, I kinda intervened with the Equestria Girls, attempting to rescue Sunset Shimmer, to later protecting their counterparts from the Dazzlings and General Grievous. But I did try to restrain myself from interfering too much so that Mr. E can continue his stories the way wanted them to flow.

But no thanks to Toonwriter and his "Necroshroud" subplot, it was all too confusing, it was giving me a headache, and it was getting so out of hand, that I lost track of where I was, what was even happening, and I realized too late what Toonwriter was really up to, that he had to be let go...permanently.

Ah okay sorry I'm just replying it took me a while to see and read the replies but I think I understand.

1. I say I'm fairly creative when it comes to my writing. I love immersing myself in the minds of that characters, and imagining how different characters would feel if it was them living that story or they were the ones who had to those decisions that the main characters were making.

2. I've been a fan since 2016 (even though I haven't watch most of the later seasons after 6, I watched the reviews on some of them and the last few episodes of the series. I also watched a few reviews on the new series, though I haven't watched it yet, rewatched a few of discord's best episodes, both reformed and as a villain, and dived into my fair share of mlp fanfiction. <It's actually how I found this site in the first place. 🙂>

And...

3/4. On weekdays I have school from 9-3 (4 if you count walking) but I should be free from 5-9 (or 10 depending on the day. Saturday, I'll be free for the entire day and Sunday I'm good for the afternoons. :>)

Lastly-
So as long as they align with the rules as well as story itself. It would be fine.
Sorry if this was so long, I probably over did it a little. 🥲

Even Crash Bandicoot 4!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You need to calm yourself, Doc. It's not good to be so stressed out or at the very least keeping it all in. We've all been stressed after what happened with that guy, trying so hard to move on. And we do acknowledge how creative you are with your own version of the commentaries or at least trying to put something together in your own way. Sometimes, you just have to stop trying so hard and just let it come naturally.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

You’re right. I understand, Drama.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The secret to merging cartoons with live-action and into our world.

Roger Rabbit and the Secrets of Toon Town

All that hard work to make it look like a toon was living in the real world. Props to all those who worked on this feature.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes. A lot of people worked really hard to give that sense of realism even with making an illusion of one character in a world of real-life people. This process has gone on for a great many years long before 'Roger Rabbit' was around, but this is one of the few key examples of how it's done right. Nowadays, it's all CGI at this point.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’ve recently found out the existence of magnet rigs in Animate CC. With this, I can be able to animate 2D characters just about the same with 3D characters in Blender.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

With a little practice, then absolutely you can. But it's like learning how to use coding to make a webpage for the first time in your life. As long as you follow the instructions 'exactly', it should come up no problem. If Knighty & Xaquseg could do that when creating this webpage, anyone can... it's just not as easy as it looks.

Now as far as the animation in this video... like I said, all you have to do is practice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ah yes. I remember this. Twilight and the Mane Six, plus Spike, all came to the Kirin Village to settle a diplomatic mission. But then, Twilight and the girls got a little too carried away with the spell that turns them into kirins.

Rain Shine was very much offended, and went over to the Dark Side in Nirik mode. But I still love her.

Random Dude: (To me) “Even after you got her pregnant, goes into a fiery mood swing, she thrashed you like a rag doll, and then tossed you into a volcano?”

Me: “Love hurts. But it’s worth it.”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

People always do crazy things when they are in love. I'm sure even the Queen regrets her actions, even under the circumstances. I suppose she hopes that no matter how bad she hurts you, you'll be the bigger man and forgive her. For you, I'm sure it'll be easy. But likewise... I can't say the same about my circumstance. In my previous relationships, I was hurt so badly... I never spoke to those women again, much less even see them. Even if I do, what would I say? That everything's going just great, put on a happy face, and smile?

No... no, they are better off just going away so they could do whatever the heck they want.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Meanwhile, back in Discord's Theater – Ponyville

I'm back in my office, continuing my investigation on the Skeleton Key we first saw on the big-screen.

Me: "This key has the same design as the Skeleton Keys made by the Ministry of Magic. These keys are carried by the Unspeakables – Witches and Wizards who swore their work into complete silence and secrecy, regarding the Department of Mysteries. No Unspeakables must always keep their keys on them at all times. This much I know! Which means...if anyone were to lose their keys, it would mean big trouble for the entire Ministry and the Department of Mysteries. What I don't know is...how and where did the villains get this key from? Or better yet, who does it belong to?"

If I remember correctly, Dumbledore went to see a trial for a certain dark wizard. He mentioned that there was one of the Dark Wizards who worked at the Department of mysteries. However, one of my contacts told me that there wasn't one, but two assailants. They don't know who it is, but they did give us a clue; the person's family had been Slytherin for centuries. Meaning we have to create a list to see which family had been in Slyherin the longest.

If we can do that, we can find out who is responsible for this.

Bellatrix Lestrange is in Azkaban, same with Sirius Black (and for some reason he kept bellowing that he's not guilty), and Rosier was killed by Mad Eye Moody, the Dark Wizard catcher. Nothing about the Carrows though.

However, according to my contacts, the Crabbe and Goyle families are constantly on the move, as if they're hiding from someone, and waiting to strike. And according about the Malfoy family, Draco's father is also a school governor for Hogwarts, and has connections at the Ministry of Magic, even being close to the Minister of Magic, Cornelius Fudge and a few others at the department of mysteries

1. The Lestrange
  2. The Black
  3. The Malfoy ????? (Prime suspect)
  4. The Crabbe ???
  5. The Goyle ???
  6. The Carrows ???
  7. The Rosier

Me: "So far, it looks like the Malfoys are our prime suspect. And this Lucious Malfoy seems to fit the description and the motive of someone who would want power and the connections for it." (I shook my head) "Whoa...slow down there, Phantom. No need to go rushing into these things and assume too much. Been there before and..." (Recalls a past mistake that ended in the loss of an innocent life) "Need to think a little deeper. Turn my thinking cap around... Who else came from a long line of Slytherin and be in so much power to orchestrate all this madness?" (I did some thinking, before it hit me) "Wait a minute... Can it be?"

Me: "Computer! Who was the original Slytherin, who founded Hogwarts?"

Computer: "Salazar Slytherin – One of the four founders of Hogwarts. Namesake for the House of Slytherin. Reverred to be one of the greatest wizards of the ages. Famed for his cunning and determination, and his infamy in the practice of the Dark Arts. Including Parseltongue – Snake Language."

Me: "Hmmm. And if there's any family that's been in Slytherin the longest, then it's a Slytherin! One of his descendants!" (To the computer) "Computer! Bring up the Slytherin family tree!"

Me: "Hmmmm." (Proceed to search through the names, looking for a possible suspect)

Seeing as how this entire series takes place before Cursed Child, we're gonna pretend that Harry Potter's children names aren't on the tree, or Delphi's...

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Seems like you may be onto something with the subject of the key. Hopefully the search in general is not purposely giving you an obvious suspect just to throw the real one off the department's tracks.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Huh. Discord’s Theater is going to be expecting lots of customers. Not just the usual patrons.

This would be a perfect anniversary opening for the 10 years of Illumination Studios movie!

They used Kid Grinch instead of Adult Grinch in this promo?

Weird, I know, but maybe they thought he was more appealing that way.
Not that I care.

Same here. I don’t mind.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'll admit this is a nicely done piece of promo we got here. Who knows? Perhaps we may use this for future seasons.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I still remember it like it was yesterday. But it was 2 years ago when Sunset Shimmer – in this fanfic universe – fell to the Dark Side of the Force, and broke so many hearts.

I was secretly one of those broken hearts. Like I had lost a dear friend. But I never let that stop me. I just did what Sonic the Hedgehog does.

Keep going and grow strong.

Sonic Frontiers x One OK Rock - "Vandalize" Music Video

Vandalize is by FAR one of the BEST songs to come from a Sonic game.

I listen to this banger of song on the way to work and back home almost everyday.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Same.

Sonic Frontiers really went above and beyond with Ian Flynn's lore and character developments.

And Dear Father...that song goes straight to the heart.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It sure seems as though this game was truly attempting to try something that other Sonic games hadn't been able to accomplish up till then.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

While we wait for the next chapter, I, currently knocked out, found myself in my subconscious, confronting some internal frustrations I’ve kept pent up.

Starlight advised me to speak out my frustrations for some healthy clarity. Why didn’t I listen?

Anger: *Speaks gibberish*

Reason: “Okay, yes. Hasbro not giving the Equestria Girls the proper closure is a low blow.

Reason: “And yes, what the CA did to Sunset Shimmer in the Star Wars adaption was a dick move.”

Reason: “Yes, we get where you are coming from with the Fiona Fox issue.”

Reason: “And…Ashleigh Balls voicing Tails and Kazumi Evans voicing Rouge the Bat just adds fuel to the fire of hearing Sunset Shimmer voicing Fiona Fox rubs salt to your wounds.”

Reason: “And yes, the CA passing over Sunset Shimmer of being a potential guest-star for the Super Mario Bros. Movie to make up for Star Wars was disappointing.”

Reason: “And you’re never going to trust Mr. E again after that Cruella de Vile troll he pulled on us.”

Reason: “And you’ve got one too many issues regarding the CA…”

Reason: “But we got Sonata Dusk on our side! I mean, that’s what you’ve always wanted! Isn’t it? And she’s sorta been filling in the void where Sunset Shimmer had left.”

Sadness: *Crying*

Reason: “Okay. Yes, it’s true. No one can replace Sunset. But this is another blessing that’s made all of our hard work and grievances worthwhile, isn’t it?”

“I mean, yes. Sunset Shimmer doesn’t get a part in Super Mario Bros. But we got Button Mash! And it comes with revenge on Hasbro for what the cease-and-desist letter. Right?”

“And not to jinx it. But when you think about it, Sunset Shimmer in the Galaxy could mean Ben Solo never becomes Kyle Ren, right? We all loved Kylo Ren, I’m sure. Even Shadow the Hedgehog has an “I ❤️ Kylo Ren” T-Shirt. But Ben Solo as Sunset’s Padawan is even better!”

“Plus, we finally got to see the 2016 movie Popeye the Sailor we were robbed from. So that’s another prize for enduring the sweat and grime. Isn’t it?”

“Also, everybody knows how passionate you are about the Sonic the Hedgehog fandom and MLP/EQG as a whole! And everyone were all liking what you have had in mind to pay tribute to the entire fandom. So that’s another blessing!”

“And last, but not least. You and Rain Shine have tied the knot! And who was it that officiated your marriage? Mr. E of course! So he’s at least rewarded you for your hard work to make up for that Cruella de Vile debacle he pulled.”

“You’ve been suffering from tunnel vision for so long, that you lost yourself! You’ve lost your creative web! You forgot to see the big picture! And why you agreed to join the Cinematic Adventure to begin with!”

“And by Faust, we can still make it a reality to the very end, in honor of the people who made it all possible.”

…I really need to stop talking to myself. I’m having an existential crisis here man!

Just let it go man! Let it out, Phantom.

Let it rain.

(Echoing) Let it rain.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

In real life:

I haven’t heard this song in two years, ever since the “finale” of Equestria Girls.

So, hearing it again, with the ambience effect to make it sound like Sunset was really talking to us…

“It’s enough to make a grown man cry!” — Cloud with a Chance of Meatball 2

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It is a beautiful song to say the least. Really adds a lot to Sunset's dynamic to say the least.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Secret Place — Trish Thuy Trang

Rain Shine? Is that you, my love?! Have you found my secret place? Are you calling me? Are you waiting for me there? 🥹

Be there soon, my darling!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

For a moment, I saw the words 'Thuy Trang' and thought it was someone else. But onto the matter at hand, it truly is a beautiful song.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I’m just closing my eyes and listening, imagining Rain Shine is singing.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This could be a decent song for Rain Shine. I'm sure she'd have a lovely singing voice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Oh what the hey…

Rain Shine (A Peaches parody)

Me: (Speaking) “This is for the love of my life, Rain Shine, the Kirin Queen.”

Rain Shine
You’re so beautiful
And with Adobe Animate, we’re gonna rule

Rain Shine
Understand
I’m gonna love you til the very end

Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine,
I love you, oh!

Cozy Glow, Queen Chrysalis, and Tirek too.
A thousand storm creatures couldn’t keep me from you

Rain Shine
At the end of the line
I’ll make you the pony in my real life! Oh!

Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine, Rain Shine,
I love you, oh!

Rain Shine! Oh Rain Shine! RAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAIIIIIIINNNN—

*Ding-dong

Dr. Fauna: “Uh, hi! I’m from the pet hospital down the street, and I understand you have a dying animal on the premises.”

• Viewing 251 - 300 of 348