Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 1571 )
  • Viewing 151 - 200 of 1,571

Yeah, I can agree, Order of the Phoenix was not the best look for Harry Potter... I guess that's why that movie got a potshot in the new Animaniacs reboot... to quote...

Brain: Digital copies of every Harry Potter film, except the overly teen angsty Order of the Phoenix.

Pinky: Danny was still finding himself!

Oh please. It's NOT overly teen angsty. I thought it was a great film! Brain is a jerk and an idiot!

I got some TV Tropes to explain things better...

Jerkass: Harry himself acts as one towards his friends throughout the book. However, this is mitigated by the fact that it was to cover up the inferiority complex he felt after being subjected to the blood quill torture by Umbridge. It doesn't help that he's Surrounded by Idiots] who are in complete denial of Voldemort's return. He also seems to have Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder, and it's also rather heavily implied that sharing thoughts with Voldemort isn't doing his mental state any favors.

Adults Are Useless: Throughout the book, Harry feels this way because the adults tend to keep him in the dark about what is happening, not to mention that the Ministry spends most of its energy making sure Harry and Dumbledore shut up about Voldemort by any means necessary. Subverted in the end when it's explained to him they had perfectly good reasons for keeping him in the dark (namely, Voldemort has figured out how to read Harry's thoughts), and Harry's own plan backfired spectacularly because Voldemort had also figured out how to influence his thoughts. That said, Dumbledore concedes to Harry that he, Dumbledore, could have handled the situation better and allowed Harry to get more help, and misunderstood how Voldemort was trying to manipulate him.

Chamber of Secrets, Goblet of Fire and Half Blood Prince too weren't good looks for Harry because of these reasons:

Chamber of Secrets: When Harry speaks Parseltongue to the snake, everyone's not talking to him and Harry's now suspected of being the Heir of Slytherin. Granted, he was trying to save Justin from the snake and everyone didn't know he could speak Parseltongue and probably were just worried for themselves, but Harry should've let Snape took care of it and shouldn't have spoken to the snake.

Goblet of Fire: Harry's name comes out of the Goblet of Fire, everyone hates him, he and Ron are fighting, and Hermione is caught in the middle of it. Granted, after the first trial, everyone loves him again and he and Ron made up. Also, when he and Ron don't dance with the Patil sisters. Again, granted, it was last minute to get dates and they probably weren't comfortable with them, but they should've just made them happy by dancing and spending time with them.

Half Blood Prince: What Harry does to Malfoy. Granted, he never heard of and knew the spell Sectumsempra before, and it was split-second when Harry was going to get cursed, but he never should've used that spell.

I have an idea for a scene that might be a bit silly, but it might work.

Pinkie Pie: Guys, I just had the weirdest dream. I was in a park, and I saw a younger Professor Dumbledore saying something about a cake that he made but it melted in the rain.

Rainbow Dash: o-kayyy.

Pinkie Pie: I felt really bad for him, because he said that it took him a long time to bake it, and he would never have that recipe again!

Fluttershy: oh, no!

Pinkie Pie: I know, right?

Rainbow Dash: I think you need to lay off the peanut butter and sardine sandwiches before bedtime Pinks.

All except Pinkie and Rainbow: EWW!

I know that sounded dumb, but it’s an actor allusion to Richard Harris, who played Professor Dumbledore, and sang Macarthur Park back in the 60’s.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Peanut Butter and Sardine sandwiches... well better than Peanut Butter, Clams, and Hot Fudge... on a pizza.

Don't ask me about that.

An idea for the Mirror of Erised scene that, take it with a grain of salt, could work...

Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone:

(Despite Ron's warning that the mirror could be cursed, and the other's doubt, Harry did, in fact, go back to that room with the mirror that night, with Twilight and the students following close to be sure that he would be okay. As soon as they were in the room, the seven could only watch as Harry looked into the mirror as Twilight gave a sigh.)

Twilight: Okay, Harry, you looked in the mirror. We should probably go now...

Ocellus: Headmare Twilight's right. We're already breaking curfew as it is, we can't just stick around...

Harry: Let me just have a few more... minutes...

(The other creatures looked concerned as Twilight bit her lip... when all of a sudden...)

Dumbledore: (V.O.) I see you're all back again.

(The others jumped as they turned to see Dumbledore, Princess Celestia and Princess Luna sitting nearby.)

Twilight: P-Princess Celestia! Princess Luna! I-I didn't know you were here.

Princess Celestia: (giggles) Strange how nearsighted being invisible can make you.

(Harry, Twilight and the Student Six gave sighs of relief upon seeing smiles on the princesses and Dumbledore's faces as the old headmaster and the two royal alicorns joined Harry in looking at the mirror.)

Dumbledore: I see that you, like so many before you, have discovered the delights of the Mirror of Erised.

Sandbar: Is that what this mirror is called?

Princess Luna: Indeed, it is. I trust by now you realize what it does.

Harry: Well... er... it showed me my family-

Gallus: It showed me getting closer with friends, both here and some of the griffins from my world...

Twilight: And... (pauses) It showed me my friends and family living together in harmony... no disturbances, all being well.

Yona: It safe to say, this mirror showed us things we want in our lives...

Celestia: And I suppose it showed Rainbow Dash being the leader of the Wonderbolts. Pinkie Pie owning the largest candy factory and comedy club in town... Rarity having a dress franchise not just in Ponyville and Canterlot, but outside the world of Equestria... Fluttershy protecting any and all creatures... Applejack with her parents... and Spike being hailed as a hero.

Dumbledore: Not to mention Harry... your friend Ron as Head Boy.

Twilight: (looks surprised) Th-that's right, but how did you all-

Celestia: Oh, Twilight, we don't need a cloak to be invisible.

Dumbledore: Now, can any of you tell us what the Mirror of Erised shows us all?

(The others paused as they looked at each other.)

Luna: We'll give you all a clue. The happiest man on earth would look into the mirror and see only himself, exactly as he is.

(They all paused... before Harry and Twilight reached the same conclusion, then looked at the inscription at the bottom of the mirror)

Twilight: I think I get what you're saying. It's written in the mirror itself. I thought this was a Latin phrase... but no, except for the weird spacing, it's actually a backwards message. 'Erised stra ehru oyt ube cafru oyt on wohsi' is actually 'I show not your face, but your heart's desire', backwards.

(The Student Six gasped as Silverstream did a mind blown expression.)

Harry: So, then it shows us what we want? Whatever we want?

(Celestia and Dumbledore paused as they looked in the mirror, the former having a sad look on her face, with Dumbledore remaining neutral, but a sad look hidden in his eyes.)

Celestia: Well... yes and no.

Dumbledore: It shows us nothing more or less than the deepest, most desperate desires of our hearts. Now you, who have never known your family, you see them standing beside you. Applejack also sees her family standing beside her for that reason.

Luna: Rainbow Dash always wanted to be an important person to be seen by everyone... which is why she sees herself as a Wonderbolt leader. Rarity wants her shop to do well and go into business in other worlds. Fluttershy, the always kind soul, wants nothing more than world peace and animals to protect, all shapes and sizes. Pinkie Pie always wants to give everyone a smile, and figures comedy and candy are the best ways to go.

Celestia: Spike saw himself standing alone because he always felt like he was overshadowed, and was striving to be the best... and you, my faithful student, always wanted to be the best, hoping that friendship will always find a way with ponies, creatures and people alike... Gallus always felt alone, and seeing him with lots of people he wanted as friends, is what he always desired the most...

Dumbledore: And Ronald Weasley, who has been overshadowed by his brothers, sees himself standing alone, the best of them all. I'm sure the rest of you know about your desires and what they relate to...

(The others nodded.)

Dumbledore: But remember this, everyone. This mirror gives us neither knowledge or truth. Men have wasted away in front of it, even gone mad, not knowing if what it shows is real or even possible.

Celestia: That's why tomorrow, it will be moved to a new home, and we must ask you not to go looking for it again.

Luna: But know this. If, by any chance, you ever do run across it, you'll now be prepared.

Dumbledore: (looks over to Harry) It does not do to dwell on dreams, Harry, and forget to live.

(Harry looks back at the mirror, realizing that Dumbledore was right. He gave a nod as he got up.)

Dumbledore: Okay, why don't you put on that admirable Cloak of yours and get yourself off to bed?

Luna: Don't worry, Twilight. Celestia and I won't say a word about you and your students out of bed. Let's just say... you were studying the stars.

Twilight: (gives a sigh of relief) Thank you, princesses. Rest assured, we'll be more careful in the future.

Gallus: Yeah, I think it's about time we head to bed anyway...

(The others looked ready to leave, but Harry paused as he looked over towards the three.)

Harry: Er... Sir- Professor Dumbledore? Princess Celestia? Princess Luna? Can I ask you three a question?

Dumbledore: Obviously, you've just done so. (smiles) You may ask us one more thing, though.

Celestia: What's on your mind, young Harry?

Harry: Well... I was wondering... what do you three see when you look in the mirror.

Twilight: (pauses) You know, we have spent a lot of time discussing what we saw, I never thought about asking what you've seen, princess.

(Celestia pauses as she looked back towards the mirror. In the mirror, she saw not only her and Princess Luna, but a familiar pony who had a smile on his face, putting her arm around her.)

Celestia: (looks over to Twilight, pondering whether she should tell her or not. She took a deep breath as she gave a smile) For me, Twilight... I see myself... with a lot of ice cream.

Twilight: (blinks) Uh, ice cream, Princess?

Celestia: Oh, sure. You know how much I always love cake? Well, don't get me wrong, cake is the best, but sometimes, having ice cream to go with it is always delectable.

(Luna raises an eyebrow)

Luna: For me, my desire used to be wanting to show people the night... but that desire since changed. Now, when I look at this mirror, I see me and Celestia showing off the powers of the sun and moon together.

Dumbledore: (who had remained silent as he looked in the mirror... before giving a smile) As for I, my friends? I see myself holding a pair of thick woolen socks.

(Everyone blinked twice)

Harry: Socks?

Dumbledore: But of course. (smiles) One can never have enough socks. Another Christmas has come and gone and I didn't get a single pair. People will insist on giving me books.

Twilight: (blinks twice at Celestia and Dumbledore's odd things... before giving a smile) Tell you what, princess. When it comes to your birthday, I'll talk to Pinkie Pie and see if we can get ice cream on the list... and Dumbledore, next Christmas/Hearth's Warming Eve, we'll make sure socks are a top priority.

Celestia: That would be most grateful. Well, good night, every pony, Harry.

(The others nodded as they left. Soon, Dumbledore, Celestia and Luna were the only three left.)

Luna: (sighs) Why didn't you two actually tell them what you REALLY saw in the mirror?

Celestia: (pauses) As much as I want to tell everyone about... him... I think I'll save it until the right time, once Twilight and the others have gotten used to Hogwarts and the teachings. I just... don't want to share it too much right now.

Dumbledore: (sighs) As for myself, I don't wish to burden young Harry and everyone else with my thoughts. Like Celestia, I'll tell them when I'm ready...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

It may not be much, but hope you guys like this little scene. It's all right if you don't accept it, but I still thought it'd be a good idea... plus, since Celestia mentioned having a boyfriend in the Date chapter, maybe it'll be a good time to mention that. But again, take it with a grain of salt.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

There's some potential in the use of these lines. Mr. Enigma and I may just take that under consideration.

Hey imagine if they had a second mirror at Hogwarts, that only shows their appearance in the future, like their future appearance in ‘The Last Problem’?

Thanks for at least taking it into consideration. I'd love to see how you and Enigma make out with the final product!

I will admit, a mirror that actually does show the future would be something interesting, like, a Mirror of Erutuf of sorts.

Maybe Mr.E can incorporate that into the story?

I take it Dumbledore's real happy thing was his own sister, right?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Who can say for sure? There's much about Dumbledore that I myself don't even know about, then again I had no idea that he had a sister.

This probably doesn't count, but this is the closest forum I could find to post ideas. So here it goes:

Prisoner of Azkaban

On the train

The door slowly slid open, and and skeletal, rotted hand grasped the door. All the students within the car felt their screams freeze in their throats as the door fully opened, revealing a fully cloaked figure making no sound other than a deep, rattling, raspy breathing. Crookshanks hissed at the mere sight of it, while Scabbers scurried to hide under Ron's robes.

The figure looked to one side of the compartment, then the other, all while maintaining it's rattling breathing, but pausing upon seeing Silverstream and Harry.

Gallus chanced a glance over to Silverstream and saw her in something of a seizure, while Harry's breath seemed to catch in his throat. While this happened, the creature seemed to lean in, moving toward Harry and Silverstream.

And it was then that the sleeping man awoke.

What happens next?

The man quickly stood up and almost instantly a bright, white light emanated from the tip of his wand, driving the creature back, while the sound of flowing energy echoed through the car, while the students sat in awe at the display of magic.

However, the only things that Harry and Silverstream could hear were a woman's screams, and the laughter of a madman, before they both passed out on the floor of the compartment.

Aaannddd...... that's the scene!

Comment posted by InfinityShark96 deleted Feb 27th, 2021
Comment posted by Rezurection Time deleted Feb 27th, 2021

I'm afraid that's all I can really recall from that scene. I do know that Lupin gives Harry chocolate and briefly explains dementors in the next scene. Best I can say is that Silverstream would be really quiet for the rest of the train ride.

oh ok cause for a minute I thought there was gonna be a brief battle with the Dementors.

Oh no! I would never suggest that! And besides, that's just the dementor's introduction, there's not gonna be a big fight scene off the bat.

I just guessed cause I played the lego Harry Potter game where the dementors took Harry and the others had to save him.

Ah. I've never played that game. I only really know the books and films.

Comment posted by Massager 32 deleted Feb 28th, 2021

Here's a good line for the Young six ( plus sunset and the others for PD) to interact with the students.

Neville hops into the great hall after an encounter with Malfoy.

Ron: You have got to start standing up to people Neville.

Neville: How I can barely stand at all.

Seamus: I'll do the counter curse

All: NO! ( Sunset and Juniper actually docked down under the table upon seeing Shamus pull his wand)

Ocellus: Sorry Seamus but I'm sure the last thing Neville needs is for you to accidentally set his kneecaps on fire.

Silverstream: yeah plus I don't think Madame Pince would be happy if we come back to the library with scortched books.

Smolder: I'll say, she's still mad at me for sneezing and setting her hat on fire, wasn't my fault one her feathers fell and tickled my nose.

Seamus walked away made and the others ran to the library after finding Nicholas Famel on Dumbledore's card.

Neville: Wait, where are you going? What about the Counter Curse? Sunset helps the fallen boy.

Sunset: Here Neville. Finite!

Neville: Thanks Sparky.

Sunset:You've known me for quite a while Neville you can call me Sunset if you want.

Neville: Thanks Sunset.

She then turned to Juniper and Wildflower and run to the library too

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The idea was that Sunset, Wallflower, and Juniper are to keep a low profile. So, I wouldn't recommend Sunset telling Neville to call her by her real name. That would arouse suspicions from Twilight and the others.

Ok.
Did you like everything else

Wait Neville doesn't really get much character build but till goblet of fire so it really be ok for sunset to talk to him and such right?

Very well thought out!

Thank you. Part of me hopes that at least most of the suggestion (better written up by Mr. E) makes it to the final product in the next chapter, but hey, here's to hoping!

Yes, but I don't think it'd be as simple as that, just like the Mirror of Erised. If anything...the mirror could show the most likely possible future, depending on who looks into the mirror and follows one of many paths, so the reflection might change depending on any current changes or decisions made in the present. The mirror would have been create to teach that fate is not always a straight line, and that fate is never a constant to look forward to.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Probably better if they don't have a mirror after all.

Anyways, we should have a new chapter set to come out either today or tomorrow. Got any more quotes we 'can' use for the next few chapters to come?

No no you misunderstand. Im saying a mirror that only shows what you will look like in the future, and not what you will accomplish.

Still, you kind of overlooked the detail about the future being fickle. As in, not even magic can give you an EXACT picture of the future, not even with prophecy. As in, just as the Mirror of Erised offers no knowledge or truth, neither would a Mirror of Erutuf. All it would likely show is how one's future self looks based on a particular instant in the present. If one does better things before having a second look, the reflection changes for the better. Same on it changing for the worse if one makes bad choices and then takes a second look.

Remember, magic isn't an exact science, so showing one their true future self will likely be too much for conventional magic to handle.

Ok fine let me reword my sentence: a mirror that only shows what you will most likely possibly look like in the future, and not of the things you will accomplish. In my opinion their appearances in The Last Problem episode are the most likely possible.

Again, same thing. What you will look like in the future can ALSO change depending on the instant. Example: you look in the mirror and see yourself healthy and strong, right? But then you look in the mirror after taking up smoking a few days ago, you see yourself in a MUCH worse state of condition. You kick the habit in favor of food, you see yourself as a little fat.

The issue wouldn't be the "most likely future version of yourself", but your future reflection would depend on how one looks or acts in a singular instant. So it's not REALLY the future they are seeing, but only one of many possible futures. Not a single version, but one of many versions.

Yeah that's what I meant when I said most likely possible. Im just saying I hope that one of the many possible futures they see first is the one from ‘The Last Problem’.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Please don't try to argue with this one guy. They are never going to understand that any idea is always going to have flaws.

Comment posted by TopGun1986 deleted Mar 4th, 2021

Hey look I just wanna say Im sorry if I got a little out of line, and you're right the future is never set. It depends on ones actions which causes one of many possible futures, guess I just needed some time to remind myself of that. Anyway I just hope we can put that little argument behind us. So we cool?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's not the first time he's been out of line and it will NOT be the last. This I know for a fact. Some people will just never get through their heads that NOTHING in the future is set in stone. It's what we do 'today' that makes our future, whether it's what we want or not.

Comment posted by TopGun1986 deleted Mar 6th, 2021

My Little Pony: Cinematic Adventures: Harry Potter and the Sorcerer's Stone

This is after the Hospital Wing scene where Harry was being healed.

Before seeing Professor McGonagall

As Professor Dumbledore was about to exit the hospital wing, he turned back to the Mane Six and Spike.

Dumbledore: Oh, and Twilight Sparkle?

Twilight Sparkle: Yes, Professor Dumbledore?

Dumbledore: Professor McGonagall would like to see you and your friends in her office.

Right after hearing this, the Mane Six and Spike looked at each other nervously, and then they turned back to Professor Dumbledore.

Twilight Sparkle: (concerned) Now?

Professor Dumbledore didn't say a word until he nodded his head. Twilight Sparkle looked back to her friends in concern that what will Professor McGonagall say to them right after she took their positions as teachers in Hogwarts.

A few minutes later, the Mane Six and Spike were walking in the hallway towards Professor McGonagall's office, but still worried about what will happen next.

Fluttershy: (concerned) Professor McGonagall wanted to see us? But...why?

Rarity: (concerned) Right after she stripped off our titles as teachers?

Rainbow Dash: (concerned) I've got a bad feeling about this... She's probably mad at us right now.

Pinkie Pie: (worriedly) Yeah... (she begins to get hesitated) What if she ban us from the Hogwarts Courtyard!? What if she throw us into the dungeons!? What if she tell Twilight to write another incident report to Princess Celestia!? And what if- (Applejack covered Pinkie's mouth with her hoof)

Applejack: (calmly) Pinkie, just stay calm. We know you're concerned. We all are.

Spike: (worriedly) But what's going to happen to us right after all we've been through last night?

Twilight Sparkle: Don't worry, Spike. If there's any punishment, we'll take it.

Spike: I wish you haven't said that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'll definitely see about including this element into the feature somehow, but there's no guarantee. Though I can understand this is a response to the fact that the ponies' positions were stripped away regardless if McGonagall believed the initial story that they were convincing Hagrid to turn in the Dragon egg... or unless she 'knew' they were lying.

Well, okay. I've got this idea after reading the new chapter, and I thought what if Professor McGonagall report the Mane Six and Spike right after the battle with Lord Volde- Uhh...or I should say You-Know-Who or He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named with Harry on their side?

Sorry, I've always wanted to say that when I can't say Voldemort's name out loud. *chuckled*

I've watched all of the Harry Potter movies (except for Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows Part 1)

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Eh, by this point we already know about Voldemort by now. But for the sake of the story, the cast barely know 'anything' about Voldemort other than a brief mention or two at the Pub. But just wait till they get a 'slight' glimpse of that terrible being after what befalls a defenseless unicorn.

• Viewing 151 - 200 of 1,571