Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 1148 )
  • Viewing 851 - 900 of 1,148
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Omg! I forgot about Mr. E’s General Supernova!

But then again, I was too busy being scared half-to-death during the guy’s Cinematic Adventure’s debut…

Race: Bat Pony
Creator(s): Mr. E

Bio:
Princess Luna’s trusted general, whom she is currently dating. Nuff said.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Regarding the upcoming Spider-Man trilogy, in the commentary’s side-story.

While the Mane Six and Spike help Spidey against the Green Goblin, Doc Ock, Venom, and Sandman…

…on the sidelines, their Equestria Girls counterparts, Sunset Shimmer, and their guest-star, Carrie White, and others, go head-to-head against some of New York’s notorious crime lords.

The Kingpin

Hammerhead

And Mister Negative

Kingpin in the Raimi films? That would be interesting indeed. I wonder how his story along with Hammerhead’s and Mister Negative’s would go in the Raimi Verse.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

To be fair, he was really only mentioned I think maybe 'one' time during the series. It's easy to forget he was involved with the series since we hadn't used him as much. But it's nice that he gets at least 'one' shoutout.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Some interesting tidbits that we could use in Sunset Shimmer’s development…

…following her return from the Star Wars universe.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

He’s not really an OC, just as he was confirmed not to be a SITH, nor a JEDI, but a product of both.

I admit, I still like his character, and thought he should at least have a time to shine in this fanfic series.

So, here’s his character card.

Race: Human (force wielder)
Creator(s): Lucasfilm? George Lucas?

Bio:
The grandson of Darth Vader/Anakin Skywalker, nephew of Luke Skywalker, son and only child of Han Solo and Princess Leia, and Sunset Shimmer’s Jedi-Padawan.

Growing up with familiar traits of his grandfather, and a fiery temper to match Sunset Shimmer’s, both parents and uncle feared of the possible future where Ben falls to the Dark Side.

Undeterred, Sunset Shimmer was more than willing to help young Ben avoid such awful fate.

Note #1: Ben will have a heated rivalry with Demetria — Sunset’s former Sith Apprentice.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Darn you, Mr.E! Now you see what you’ve done to me?!

YA TURNED ME INTO A FREAKING STAR WARS FAN!

I was never this fascinated with the Jedi or Sith before! But then…YA HAD TO GET THE EQUESTRIA GIRLS INVOLVED AMD EXPOSED ME TO THE STAR WARS LEGENDS AND EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!

I think, deep down, I have this love-hate kind of feeling in the Cinematic Adventures.

On one hand, I love it for its creative pursuit and for giving me some reigns to…blowing off some steams. In my commentaries, they help me to unload a lot of stuff on my mind, while at the same time helped me to exercise my creative writing pursuit.

But on the other hand, I’ve had some mixed feelings to negative reaction towards Mr. E’s choices, and decisions. Like his so-called “development” of Sunset Shimmer in the Star Wars trilogy, starting with her imprisonment, corruption, ending in her redemption, only to be written out of the series…

And now, he’s planning on doing the same to another character, right now…

Darn you, Mr.E! Now you see what you’ve done to me?!

YA TURNED ME INTO A FREAKING STAR WARS FAN!

I was never this fascinated with the Jedi or Sith before! But then…YA HAD TO GET THE EQUESTRIA GIRLS INVOLVED AMD EXPOSED ME TO THE STAR WARS LEGENDS AND EXPANDED UNIVERSE!!!

Welcome to the club, Phantom. :twilightsmile:

If you want to understand the lore a little better, then here's some youtubers I highly recommend you check out:
Geetsly's (This one I follow the most)
EckhartsLadder
Star Wars Theory
The Stupendous Wave
Generation Tech
EvanNova95

Really?! Can we at least receive a hint on who it is? (Pretty please? :fluttershysad:)

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Thanks, Mecha!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Mr. Enigma has had some rather 'interesting' ideas as far as what he wants with his series. On one hand, we could've made this your standard 'Pooh's Adventures' crossover series which didn't even have a 'story arc' in between adventures but rather a gaggle of friends wandering about and meeting new faces. On the other hand, we don't 'want' to be 'Pooh's Adventures'. We don't just want a 'reaction' to movies we know and love. We want to be able to demonstrate that there's a 'story within the story' and somehow connect that story with recent events of Twilight and her friends prior to the initial end of their own adventures.

True, I may not always agree with all of his decisions. But as his editor, I'm willingly following along because I do want to understand 'why' he feels this is necessary and how it all builds up to something bigger. I'm not just keeping my mind on the present, I'm considering what an effect this will have on the future. We don't expect 'everyone' to like how we're running the stories. But what we 'do' ask is for even the 'slightest' bit of respect that we are putting a fraction of our time between our real life responsibilities to provide something for the fans... even if we're not being paid to do these stories.

Comment posted by FoxfanMLP22 deleted Aug 27th, 2022

Not Dr. Blowhole! he's even worse than Dr. Horrible and The Music Meister!

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Should be rather interesting. That is assuming that Sunset has not 'completely' drifted away from her Sith-like tendencies. After all, it was only the first season.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Hmmmm.

I know that Sunset Shimmer’s in a relationship with Galen Marek in this fanfic series. But…can she still have Sabine Wren as a “waifu?”

Plus…

…I kinda have a request for cheerful9 to make another costume, for Sunset Shimmer. A costume that Sabine Wren would design for her.

I was kinda thinking that in addition to her Jedi clothes, Sunset Shimmer would get a black jacket, like the kind she normally wears back on earth.

Except it’s got a purple flaming appeal to it, on the sleeves, and a phoenix on the back. Also, she would also wear a Mandalorian helmet with a Mandalorian chest plate, customized with paint jobs.

I was kinda thinking of Sunset coming back, sporting a new look that screams:

“I’m dark. I’m light. And I’m mysterious, but awesome!”

Something to say she’s offensive as a Sith, in-control as a Jedi, but proud and honorable like a Mandalorian.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's an intriguing concept that you have in mind. And it's true, Sunset Shimmer is already in a relationship with Galen Marek. But this situation you are describing seems to represent a similar ordeal based on a recent volume in the 'Miss Kobayshi's Dragon Maid' series.

Although by that point Kobayshi and Tohru have already declared a fondness for one another, after Tohru (The Dragon Maid) had been pursuing for her romantic interests for her since the start of the series, there's been these complex feelings between Tohru and another dragon, Elma. The major plot point was that they represent 'two' different dragon factions, Chaos and Harmony, both sides who have been against one another for centuries. And yet, at some point in a recent volume (After a recent wedding incident), Elma confessed her feelings to Tohru (Despite being spurned) and the volume brought up the subject of 'polygamy', the practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time ('Sister Wives' being a prime example).

Now getting back on this idea of Sabine being a 'waifu' to Sunset Shimmer, in your own words, it's not to suggest that the idea might be deemed 'questionable'. But rather, just because Sunset Shimmer may not share the same feelings for Sabine due to a measure of loyalty and commitment to Galen, it doesn't entirely mean she's not ignoring the fact that perhaps she understands where Sabine is coming from. Probably reminding her of another person who may or may not have secretly 'liked' Sunset in a way that Sabine does.

We'd have to consider the thought very deeply before making any permanent decisions. But if Cheerful can put together a costume, it would be intriguing to see if she can actually pull it off. No pressure or anything.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

But this situation you are describing seems to represent a similar ordeal based on a recent volume in the 'Miss Kobayshi's Dragon Maid' series.

…the subject of 'polygamy', the practice or custom of having more than one wife or husband at the same time ('Sister Wives' being a prime example).

I know, right? It’s a huge genre too, in the world of Japanese anime and manga. I.e. Rosario + Vampire, Highschool DxD, Shuffle, etc.

And color me intrigued about it.

(To a random brony) “No! I’m not being unfaithful to Rain Shine!”

Discord: “Closet furry.”

Me: “RAIN SHINE IS FLUFFY!”

Now getting back on this idea of Sabine being a 'waifu' to Sunset Shimmer, in your own words, it's not to suggest that the idea might be deemed 'questionable'. But rather, just because Sunset Shimmer may not share the same feelings for Sabine due to a measure of loyalty and commitment to Galen, it doesn't entirely mean she's not ignoring the fact that perhaps she understands where Sabine is coming from.

Fair enough. I’m just saying, they may potentially have a good chemistry still.

But if Cheerful can put together a costume, it would be intriguing to see if she can actually pull it off. No pressure or anything.

That’s all I’m asking.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

1. Oh yes, I am aware of how common it is in the Japanese form of anime and manga. There's been cases where one character is placed in a situation where they are either surrounded by beautiful women or handsome men, in both scenarios they all express an interest in the central character. This seems to put many fans into speculation and constant shipping wars over whom is right for the main protagonist and the amount of chemistry they may have. Some protagonists do end up choosing that one character who's been with them from the start, but then often they settle into a case where they don't 'need' to choose and instead appreciate the company surrounding them.

2. In speaking of chemistry, perhaps Sunset & Sabine could learn something from another. How perhaps they see a bit of themselves in each other in terms of personality, their hobbies, and possibly their views on life itself. In a way, Sabine could very well remind Sunset of a much younger self, so eager to carve her own reputation with her own tags.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

So, I’ve recently gotten back into the Mummy lately. Specifically, the first two with Brendan Faser.

I imagine Daring Do and Dr. Caballeron guest-starring in this Cinematic Adventure, because of their expertise in tombs and traps. (But most of all, the treasures for the latter).

And I can already see the villains going to Egypt for the Book of the Dead, Imhotep, The Army of Anubis, etc.

Here's an Idea:

Spider-Man: Into the spider-verse deals with Miles saving his world and the entire spider-verse with a bunch of different spider people. But i had the thought of what if we added another spider person that was a mix of both the spider verse world and the mlp world?
So the point is not only do The Equestrian Heroes get to meet The Spider Gang, but a spider person version of one of them.

Some ideas of variations of the mane six are:

The Awesome Spider-Dash

Based on the FimFiction of the Same Name

Spider-Phoenix aka Sunset Shimmer

and

Spider-Girl/ Sci-Twilight Sparkle

Costume/Variations

and i found some different variations for Pinkie, Fluttershy, Applejack, Rarity and Trixie

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yeah, they would fit just nicely in the movie. Which would be interesting if the two 'would' have to work together. Considering the fact that for the majority of their time, they were rivals to some degree.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I don’t know when Sunset Shimmer will return. But, I have an idea on how we could hype up for her big return, and to showcase her growth, since Star Wars.

Maybe, at the end of a season, during a Cinematic Adventure, Twilight and her friends suddenly went missing, with the TV giving a static feedback before they could even return.

Everyone in Equestria were all in a messy disarray on how to find our heroes and get back, when Sunset Shimmer showed up, out of the blues, and was told of what happened.

Deciding it’s finally time to fully redeem herself and take action, Sunset resolved to search her missing friends, kickstarting a new season.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That depends on the events of the movie of which we choose to end the season on. I'm not sure if it would be the current season or the next we have in mind. But just out of speculation, the best circumstance to use this particular example would be a future season somewhere way down the line. And the best way to do such a scenario would be for a much darker movie of which we'd ultimately determine to end the season with.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

I wonder...if we can have a Cinematic Adventure via Avatar, then how will our Equestrian Heroes and Equestria Girls (from the sideline) fare the process of becoming an "Ikranä Maktoyu?"

Bonding with an Ikran = "Tsaheylu"

And what are they going to do about...this guy?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That would be a rather epic adventure. 'Avatar' was certainly one of my favorite movies especially when it was in theaters. And now after all these years we're finally getting a sequel that is more ocean themed. Then again, Cameron has experience working with the ocean especially with his cinematography in that field.

Hey, if the new Mario Movie is a hit, think you guys can do a Cinematic Adventure of it?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That would be up to Mr. Enimga to decide if there's a place for the movie. We don't know what's the story surrounding this movie, we've only seen how good the quality is in terms of the animation and add to the fact we only got a glimpse at the handful of characters to be involved. The biggest argument is how Mario is voiced and lately there've been tons of videos that go against the argument that hearing Mario speak in his signature tone would be 'too much' in the span of an hour and a half or two hours (Depending on the overall length of the movie).

The status of whether this movie would fit in with the 'Cinematic Universe' remains inconclusive at this time.

Comment posted by BugsBunnySonicLover02 deleted Oct 31st, 2022
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

How interesting. The Blair Witch Project but with Scooby-Doo!

Hmmmmm….

Here's the original version:

"At least I try to look feminine" - Daphne Blake

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

The gang really roasted each other during these series of videos. Cartoon Network just doesn't make material like this anymore.

That's for sure. Another reason why this network has lost all it's charm

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Oh yes, there was that one point where Cartoon Network truly felt like some community. Featuring cartoons of various degrees, regardless of the budget. But nowadays, the company is mainly focused on only what... maybe one or two shows? It's a wonder there's barely much of a selection to watch.

Yeah they decide to make Carntoonito in the morning to appeal to preschoolers, and only start the regular cartoon close to noon time which is basically mini marathons of said under four to three specific shows, before Adult Swim starts at 7. Variety has truly gone down

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I mean I do understand what they are trying to do. But it feels more they are attempting to spread out between three different groups of target audiences instead of focusing on the fact that we are all one community. It wasn't such a big problem back in the 90s, even with kids cartoons with adult jokes that would slip 'way' over our heads at such a young age.

But I'm lucky I don't watch Adult Swim in my country.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well of course you wouldn't. It's just too intense for an individual of your caliber. Not everyone can handle their subjects of interest.

Comment posted by Eduardo de leon deleted Nov 1st, 2022

Which intro is better? This...

Paramount Pictures presents

An Allspark Pictures Production

Twilight: *narrating* Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Mane 6... and Spike. Our ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no pony has gone before!

Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle

William Shatner as James T. Kirk

Ashleigh Ball as Rainbow Dash & Applejack

Leonard Nimoy as Mr. Spock

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy

DeForest Kelley as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Tabitha St Germain as Rarity

James Doohan as Montgomery "Scotty" Scott

Cathy Weseluck as Spike

Walter Koenig as Pavel Chekov

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Storm Shield

Nichelle Nichols as Nyota Uhura

George Takei as Hikaru Sulu

Persis Khambatta as Ilia

Stephen Collins as Willard Decker

Or this?

Paramount Pictures and Spyglass Entertainment present

An Bad Robot/Allspark Pictures Production

Twilight: *narrating* Space: the final frontier. These are the voyages of the Mane 6... and Spike. Our ongoing mission: to explore strange new worlds. To seek out new life and new civilizations. To boldly go where no pony has gone before!

Tara Strong as Twilight Sparkle

Chris Pine as James T. Kirk

Ashleigh Ball as Rainbow Dash & Applejack

Zachary Quinto as Mr. Spock

Andrea Libman as Pinkie Pie & Fluttershy

Karl Urban as Dr. Leonard "Bones" McCoy

Tabitha St Germain as Rarity

Zoe Saldaña as Nyota Uhura

Cathy Weseluck as Spike

Simon Pegg as Montgomery "Scotty" Scott

Joseph Gordon-Levitt as Storm Shield

John Cho as Hikaru Sulu

Anton Yelchin as Pavel Chekov

Eric Bana as Captain Nero

Bruce Greenwood as Christopher Pike

Leonard Nimoy as Spock Prime

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You're getting way too ahead of yourself. Project intros are made only for 'official' installations into the Cinematic Adventures. We do not need over-ambitious crew mates in this group.

Comment posted by BugsBunnySonicLover02 deleted Nov 7th, 2022

Could Buster & Babs Bunny (or any other Tiny Toons character) appear in MLPCA's Space Jam?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

What kind of a joke is this?

Who told you that was what Storm Shield even looks like? If I remember correctly, we gave a slight visible description of the character in one of our previous stories... even Mr. Enigma's retelling of the MLP series despite the casual differences.

Comment posted by BugsBunnySonicLover02 deleted Nov 16th, 2022

I'm officially renominating my one choice of movie:

Of course, I know this has been broached before, especially regarding the question of "How would we do this, especially in having the Mane Six, Spike and/or additional characters there and keep the story the same, with all the deaths, without making it look like they're deliberately choosing not to use their powers, and thus be unlikable?"

I think I have a strategy that can work for doing this movie, doing it well, and staying true to James Cameron's vision.

-Effectively, it's similar to a "bonus level mission" in an RPG title, where you do something that doesn't advance the story, but is there for pure grinding and leveling up. In this case, our heroes are basically given a challenge: Can you navigate an area, with no access to your powers or your normal forms (stuck in EG form), with no idea of what exactly your mission is, and emerge alive, with the hopes that you'll be rewarded with a piece of intelligence or an artifact that will help the battle against the Benefactor, throwing in a "fetch quest" in there, too?

-As a result, our heroes have no ability to shift forms or use their powers, no idea of who will be their potential allies here, no idea of the ship's fate, and having to rely solely on intuition, instinct, the natural physical strength of their human forms, and their willpower, especially when enduring icy waters, repeated physical obstacles, the intransigence of selfish people, the hubris of those who think they can conquer nature by technological might, and the very sight and sound of fear and death around them.

-There are no naturally true outright "villainous" figures involved, just dealing with the shortcomings and foibles of figures around them, be it Cal Hockley, Lovejoy, Rose's mother, Bruce Ismay, Captain Smith, the class system, and the likes. Just our heroes, trapped effectively in a box that is threatening to close in around them, with no one figure to blame or to fight, merely just struggling to stay alive at all costs.

-In the process, they learn uncomfortable and unpleasant truths about human nature and elements that effectively upend their worldview: Twilight seeing how leadership can be abdicated and utterly fail everyone (not to mention questioning herself and blaming herself for the situation they're in) as well as the failure of imagination to anticipate situations, Rarity seeing direct evidence of the hypocrisies and ugly prejudices in first-class high society while coming to understand and appreciate the inherent goodness and quality of Molly Brown and in Jack's art, Rainbow Dash seeing how the fight for "bigger faster and better" can lead to disastrous consequences and collateral damage all around, Applejack seeing how far too many people like Cal get ahead by lying and cheating their way to the top and spend the longest time without being punished for it and how women are treated as lesser beings at this point, Fluttershy being heartbroken at how the social class system is so inherently unequal for the passengers and to see how the deck is stacked against the likes of Fabrizio and Tommy, and Pinkie Pie upset that the people that throw the best parties onboard (the steerage class) are the ones that don't make it out and railing against the class system in her own way.

-Regarding scene structure of the story and whatnot, I would recommend staying within the released version of the movie, without use of the 45 minutes of deleted scenes, as none of them added anything to the story and were wisely cut out for a reason. I would also suggest staying firmly within 1912, without use of the Brock Lovett and Old Rose framing device in the movie, as there is no reason our heroes would figure in that.

-This final part is just a bonus idea, that doesn't have to be used: A bit of levity by including references to these famous scenes from the Family Guy episode "Stewie Kills Lois," with scenes on a cruise ship. You know, Peter going "Bye! Bye! Bye!", the "poop deck" incident, and "the abortionist has one hand."

Okay, so I have found this fan art of Starlight Glimmer if she had a Power Pony persona made by EphemeralPegasus on DeviantArt.

The guy who made this suggested that maybe her superpower can be taking on the abilities of other's cutie marks, but I think I figured out a better power/persona for her!

Recoiler! With the ability to stretch her body into fantastic shapes and forms!

Some people may see it as a silly power and it would be more like something Pinkie Pie could do, but according to CBR.com, it's actually incredibly versatile. Reed Richards (a.k.a. Mr. Fantastic) is the best-known hero with powers of elasticity, and he is able to use his powers to absorb or direct the impacts of bullets and explosions and stretch his limbs to incredible distances. And anyone with this power could not just stretch like taffy, but they could also morph themselves to become parachutes, trampolines, and other cool stuff! You could learn a lot about it in this wiki page - https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki/Elasticity.

This concludes my idea.

https://www.cbr.com/underused-superpowers-want-see-more/

Which story was he featured in again?

• Viewing 851 - 900 of 1,148