Cinematic Adventures 245 members · 24 stories
Comments ( 4119 )
  • Viewing 3,401 - 3,450 of 4,119
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Super Mario Bros. Movie (2023)
How the Mario Brothers got separated

(0:27)

“DON’T LET GO!!!” Sunset strained, as she and Spike desperately held onto Twilight’s hoof.

But it was no use. The pull of the vortex ripped Twilight out of the combined grip, from Sunset and Spike.

“TWILIGHT!!!” Sunset and Spike screamed, helpless as they watched Twilight and the rest of the Mane Six, vanishing out of sight.

“SPIKE!!! SUNSET!!!” Twilight Sparkle shouted, reaching out for her friend, the same with Luigi reaching out for Mario.

“LUIGI!!!” Mario cried.

“MARIO!!!” Luigi cried.

How ironic. Even before we knew the Super Mario Bros. Movie in the making…in the CA’s Star Wars: A New Hope, Twilight and Sunset Shimmer got separated the same way as Mario and Luigi in this video clip.

…Coincidence. And how fitting. 😈

For this Cinematic Adventure, Sunset pulls a reverse uno on Twilight Sparkle, and now the Princess of Friendship is in another castle.

Super Mario Movie
Peach encouraging the Toads
While Peach was trying to encourage the Toads, you can see Peach's expression when the one blue Toad asked who Mario was, Peach was like: "Oh right, I forgot to introduce Mario to them."
Super Mario Bros. Movie NEW TV Spot (New Footage) - YouTube

A blue toad raised his hand. "Uh, who're they?"

Mario nervously chuckled while Spike whistled innocently.

"Hello," Sunset quietly greeted, gulping while giving a small wave.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ah, that ending scene always cracks me up :rainbowlaugh:

Honestly, after everything she went through in the Star Wars trilogy, the least we can do is let Sunset Shimmer be a leading heroine in a setting that’s right up her alley.

But yes. If you catch the reference, the ending scene is pleasing to watch.

Honestly, after everything she went through in the Star Wars trilogy, the least we can do is let Sunset Shimmer be a leading heroine in a setting that’s right up her alley.

True that.

But yes. If you catch the reference, the ending scene is pleasing to watch.

Honestly, I would act the same way as Sunset, seeing how I’m a gamer myself. I would be very happy and excited if I were ever transported to the Pokémon world as that’s my favorite game series to play very much

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Super Mario Bros. (2023)
“Do you yield?”

“ATTACK!!!”

With that, an entire army of penguins flooded out of their castle, with the Mane Six joining the attack.

The penguin soldiers retaliated against the Koopa army…by pelting them with snowballs. But then the penguins brought out their catapult…which only threw a bigger snowball.

Pinkie Pie was having fun, though, as she was building a snow pony.

However, compared to the penguins, the ponies have shown themselves to have made a much more devastating impact to the Koopas.

Twilight blasted an explosive attack that scattered most of the Koopa army. Applejack bucked her legs hard, which knocked a Koopa soldier into his comrades, knocking them down like bowling pins.

Rainbow Dash was flying overhead, dazzling and mesmerizing the Koopas with her speed and maneuverability. The Koopas realized too late she was coming in for an attack, when she sent a tornado their way.

And still, Bowser stood unfazed. Although, he raised an eyebrow to the strange pastel colored equines.

Finally, the Penguin King held up a flipper, signaling his soldiers to stand down.

“That is but a taste of our fury!” The Penguin King defied the conquering Koopa King.

“And there’s more where that comes from!” Rainbow Dash pawed at the snow.

“Being a lady that I am, ladies do not start fights,” Rarity huffed, then scowled, “But we can finish them!”

“Do you yield?” The Penguin King challenged.

But Bowser couldn’t care less, scoffing, “I do not.”

He turns to Kamek, who immediately waved his magic wand, immobilizing the penguins and the ponies, rendering them all helpless.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

And most importantly…

The Super Mario Bros. (2023)
DO THE MARIO!!!

In loving memory of “Captain” Lou Albano (July 29, 1933 – October 14, 2009)
and
Danny Wells (April 7, 1941 – November 28, 2013)

Comment posted by PlymouthFury58 deleted Mar 11th, 2023

And then for when they make the jump in the scene from the official trailer.

Spike: HOOOOOOOOOOLLLLLLLLY, SWEAAAAAARRIIIIIIIIIING,…CUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUSS!

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Apparently there’s more going on than what was shown in the movie clip!

The Super Mario Bros. Movie - ALL 13 Trailers, TV Spots, & Clips (As Of Feb. 18) - Best Quality
(5:26)

Mario fell out of the pipe and plopped onto the ground.

“LOOK OUT BELOW!!!” Sunset screamed as she fell on top of Mario.

Then, Spike came dropping in, sideways, landing on his back, on top of Sunset and Mario.

“Whoa, that was weird!” Spike commented.

“Get off of me!” Mario grunted, shoving Spike off.

Mario then runs into the nearest pipe, and then reappears behind Spike and Sunset.

“Wha-?” The three friends exclaimed.

They ran into a red pipe…and took a wrong turn at Albuquerque and were back to where they started.

“Oh come on!” Mario bellyached.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

“There’s a huge universe out there,” Princess Peach smiled. “With a lot of galaxies.”

Spike gets the worst Power-Ups

Mimicking what Mario did, Spike hopped up to one of the floating Item Boxes, pounding it with his fist. He then dropped right back onto the main girder, with DK looking incredulous at him.

"Seriously? You already have wings, why do you need a cape?"

To his surprise, Spike looked back to find a flowing cape tied around his neck. "What? Capes are cool."

"Yeah, but all it does it slow your descent!"

In one swift move, DK's fist launched Spike back into the air with a pounding smack, and indeed the length of the cape slowed his descent down to another Item Box. Punching the box, he grabbed the item, only to have his entire body blow up into a balloon, slowly descending to a chuckling Donkey Kong.

"Oh, wow! You just had to get the Balloon Box!"

Without warning, DK squeezed until Balloon Spike was punctured and sent flailing out of control through the air, whizzing like a shooting star that was screaming his head off. His flight came to an end when he smacked into another Item Box, then he slid off back onto the girder onto his back. Groaning, he got back on his feet, only for his eyes to be greeted with darkness.

"Hey, who turned out the lights?!"

His only response was DK laughing his monkey-butt off.

"The Goomba mask?! Are you kidding me?!"

"What?!"

Confused, Spike tore off the giant head, and indeed there was a mask of an angry goomba staring him right in the face. And just like that, he threw the thing over the side in an angry huff.

DK came up to him. "Hey, you got something on your face."

"Whe--"

He was interrupted by yet another smack by a giant hand, sending him smacking into another Item Box, eating up another mushroom without warning, only to begin bouncing around the entire arena without rhyme or reason.

"MARIO!!! SUNSET!!! HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELLLLLLLLLLLLLLPP!!!!!"

DK, meanwhile, was busy pounding his fist into the iron girder. "I don't even have to fight him! He's doing it for me!"

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Poor Spike. He’s having a field day with the power-ups!

I'm thinking it could be a running gag, where he gets the worst Mario power-ups, then finally prove his metal with a fire-flower, ice-flower, or mega-mushroom.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Okay.

Wait. The worst power-ups? You call Cape the worst power-up?

But it looked so awesome in Super Mario Bros. Z!

Who needs a cape when you have wings? And fire?
Also, I've never seen Super Mario Bros. Z.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Who needs a cape when you have wings? And fire?

Touché.

Also, I've never seen Super Mario Bros. Z.

But anyway, show us more.

As excited as I am, I'm gonna wait until the film is released in theaters.
There's only so much I can do with a bare-bones plot structure and no complete script.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Good call!

Well, we've already done the best we can, based off of trailers and occasional sneak peeks. So, I guess we can call this a wrap, for now.

Since the Mario movie is a month away, I think I should do a trailer bit for this with Luigi, Twilight, and Bowser lol
The Super Mario Bros. (2023) Trailer 2
Bowser meets his unlikely visitors

Bowser walks down to greet Luigi and Twilight Sparkle as they're held captive by Kamek's magic.

"Not sure if you know who I am." Bowser said, looking at Luigi and Twilight with a montage of Bowser's Minions doing a gathering party, "But I'm about to rule the world."

The scene cuts to Bowser's minions getting out of the castle to prepare for battle.

"Wow uh... Yay." Luigi nervously chuckled.

"But there's one problem. There's a human. Has a mustache just like you." Bowser said as he pinched at Luigi's mustache and Twilight's mane. "Along with another human with a baby dragon on their way."

Scene cuts to Mario with a bolt screwdriver as he inspects the bathroom sink.

"Do you think I know every human being with a mustache wearing a magnetical outfit with a hat with the letter of his first name on it?" Luigi nervously spat out as Bowser was about to snip his mustache and Twilight's mane.

"And a pony with human anatomy with a baby dragon with wings?" Twilight sheepily chuckled in fear.

Cuts to Mario Bros bro fisting to walk to their destination.

"Because we don't?" Luigi and Twilight said.

The scene cuts to Bowser with an unamused look as he ripped Luigi's mustache and Twilight's mane, causing the two to scream in horror.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I have a hunch that the initial plot is that Mario's main interest is finding his brother so they can go back to New York. But by the time they do reunite and they stop Bowser's sinister plans, they decide to stick around because there's still some work around the kingdom to do.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Sonic the Hedgehog
Crazy Carl

Sunset Shimmer watches in amusement as Sonic runs circles around the old man, evading all of the bear traps, while the man was frantically trying to make heads-nor-tails of the situation. It was hardly a game of cat and mouse.

Crazy Carl started to chase after the blue blur, until he got snagged in one of his own traps, and was dangling upside-down.

"I know you're out there! And I know you're real!" The old man hollered.

"No I'm not!" Sonic shouted in reply.

Sonic the Hedgehog 2
Tails crushing on Sunset Shimmer

Meanwhile, back in Discord's Theater

I'm just watching the movie, when I saw this happening and–

Me: (Freaking out) "NOOOOO!!! NOOOOO!!!! NO SLAPPING TAILS–NO FIONA FOX! NO FIONA FOX!! BAD FIONA FOX!!!" (Screaming and trying to get the bad hallucination out of my mind) "Sunset Shimmer's a good fox. Sunset Shimmer's a good fox! Not a bad fox! Bad fox is dead! Sunset's a good fox now!"

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Detective Pikachu
Sunset Shimmer becomes…a Delphox

“Sunset!” Twilight helped up her friend. “Are you…okay?”

“I think so…” Sunset looked up to notice the weird looks everyone were giving her. “What? Why are you looking at me that way?”

“Uh…you promise not to freak out?” Applejack asked.

“Uh, what? What’s wrong with me?”

“Do you Pinkie Promise you won’t freak out?” Pinkie Pie asked.

“Okay, fine. I Pinkie Promise. Just tell me what’s wrong?”

“Uh…” Rarity levitated a mirror, showing Sunset Shimmer her reflection. The fiery Jedi Sorceress was initially startled, upon seeing her face. Because staring back at her was a fox.

Actually, it makes a lot of sense!

Sunset Shimmer and Delphox. They’re both fire types and psychic types.

They’re both foxes.

They’re both red and yellow.

AND…they’re both foxes.

Sunset can use:

• Mystical Fire
  • Psychic
  • Psyshock
  • Magic Room

And best of all…I’m CURED!!! No more hallucinating Sunset Shimmer as Fiona Fox.

…Except now…Sunset Shimmer…as Delphox. Sunset Shimmer a Pokémon. (Feeling an old itch coming on) I gotta…catch ‘em all!

(Pokémon nerds trying to catch Sunset Shimmer)

“GUYS! Control yourself! You! Cannot! Catch! That! Equestria Girl!Pokémon!”

Yeah, I can definitely see her being a Delphox

That or a volcarona as a close second

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

You mean this beauty?

Do that, and Mothman's heart is on fire. LOL

Quick question, where'd the whole Sunset Shimmer/Fiona Fox thing come from?
Is it because of their histories as "bad girls" and similar color schemes?

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Quick question, where'd the whole Sunset Shimmer/Fiona Fox thing come from?
Is it because of their histories as "bad girls" and similar color schemes?

I think the answer is "YES!"

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Plus, they're notorious for their treachery of "their" worlds, in favor of the world they escaped to.

It's weird when you answer your own questions.
And yeah, that makes sense.

Whoa, Man....That was harshly true for Spike calling out on them....AND I LIKE IT!!

Nice Sonic Live Action Movie Quotes, Dude.

Matilda (1996)

Harry Potter Reference

Pinkie:AAAAHHHHH!!! MARGE DURSLEY!!

Agatha:What are you even talking about, You stupid disgusting horse!

Spike:(he covers Pinkie's mouth) We're sorry for her behavior, Principal. She just doesn't know when to keep her mouth shut and she kinda like has a mental condition

Pinkie:(muffled) Hey!

Agatha:(huffs and leaves) Hmph! Filthy squirms of vomit!

Rainbow:(unamused as Spike removes his claw from Pinkie's mouth) Way to go, Pinkie

Rarity:You almost got ourselves into trouble!

Pinkie:(sheepishly apologizes) Sorry

Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure

Commenting on the Phone Booth

Pinkie:I can't believe that they made a Doctor Who ripoff of this Phone Booth

Ted:What are you even talking about, Dudette?

Spike:That's just Pinkie Pie to you, Ted. She'll spew out anything random

Bill:Does this happen every single time?

Rainbow:Yes and sometimes it can get a little bit annoying

Rarity:More like super annoying

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It is a rather beautiful Pokemon, I will admit this much. I don't follow Pokemon as strongly, but this looks rather powerful as it is graceful.

Goes to show that Pinkie sometimes never thinks before she speaks.

Since the Halloween movies are in the schedule, here's an idea if Sunset Shimmer is involved.

While Sunset is fighting Michael, her geode power activates and she reads his mind. And she goes catatonic and has to be dragged out of there by the others. Later, she's recovering and wakes up screaming and the others want to know what happened.

Sunset: S-s-so cold... so... dark...
Twilight: Sunset, please, what happened?!
Sunset: My-my geode... I saw... his mind...
Twilight: It's OK, Sunset. I know you've had a brush with inner darkness before and-
Sunset: NO! It was nothing like my past... the she-demon... Seraphina... It was so much worse...
Twilight: (gulp) Sunset, if you need to get your strength back from seeing what he did...
Sunset: There was nothing there... no conscience, no fear, no reason behind anything at all... Just darkness... my geode looks into the soul... and he doesn't have one.

The Mummy (1999)

Rick: [trying to pack Evelyn's things into a suitcase, but, as he's packing, she's taking her things back out again] I thought you said you didn't believe in all this fairy tales and hokum stuff!

Evelynn: Well, having an encounter with a three thousand-year-old walking, talking corpse does tend to convert one.

Rick: Forget it! We're out the door, we're down the hall, and we're gone.

Spike: (To Rick) Oh, no, we are not!

Rick: (To Spike) Oh, yes, we are!

Evelyn: Oh, no, we are not! We woke him up, and we are going stop him!

Rick: We? What 'we'? We didn't read that book. I told you not to play around with that thing

(To the girls) didn't I tell her not to play around with that thing?

Rainbow Dash: You was looking at the book too, "Colonel".

(Rick glares at Rainbow to shut up!)

Evelyn: See? Yes, that's right, we, we, we, we, and we woke him up and we intend to stop him.

Rick: Oh yeah? How? You heard the man, no mortal weapons can kill this guy.

Evelyn: Then we're just going to have to find some immortal ones!

Fluttershy: You know, i think the princesses could be immortal.

Daring Do: Are they?

Pinkie Pie: We can tell them, when we save the world.

Rick: There goes that 'we' again, y'know I wonder if-
[Evelynn slams the suitcase shut on Rick's fingers]

Rick: Ah!

Applejack: Ooh! That's gonna leave a mark!

Evelyn: Listen we've got to do something! Once the creature's been reborn, his curse is going to spread until the whole of the earth is destroyed!
Twilight Sparkle: Yeah and maybe.. even the universe?

Rick: Oh god... Listen to me, the universe... doesn't care. You stick your necks out, you are all asking to lose your heads and you're all asking me that it's my problem?

Evelyn: Well, it is everybody's problem!

Rick: Ladies, I appreciate you saving my life and all, but when I signed on, I agreed to take you out there and bring you back, end of job, end of story, contract terminated!

Evelyn: Oh, that's all I am to you, a contract?

Rainbow Dash: Look buddy, you don't know it yet, your ego will mend. You're just lucky to be alive.

Rick: Ok look, people are always telling me how lucky I am. But the truth is, everything either one of us touch turns to crap. So all of you can either tag along with me or stay here... and try to save the world and the universe! What's it gonna be?

Eveyln: We're staying.

Rick: Fine!

Eveyln: Fine!

Rick: Fine!

Rainbow Dash: Fine!

Rick: Fine.
[leaves and slams the door]

Eveyln: Ooh...

(A few quotes are from Uncharted 2: Among Thieves)

😳😰😟😟😨………whoa, spooky! 😱
Not even Sunset’s empathy memory touch can see what’s inside Micheal’s mind.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

That would be a most horrendous reality for Sunset Shimmer. Given the way Michael Myers is, it would all go to prove there's no redeeming this being for his actions. But he's as much a resemblance to any serial killer that we all know. They seem soulless and unremorseful in their acts because they are incapable of showing remorse, that they truly have no souls. That's just what they are... heartless monsters. Monsters no God could ever hope to save.

It comes back to what Dr. Loomis said about Michael Myers when he first saw him. That his eyes were soulless, his heart and soul was pure evil. He truly was the Boogeyman that we all feared and loved.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Not to trash the sequels in their own endeavors, but it's this particular reason that I feel they missed the point about Michael Myers in general. They focused so much on exploring the humanity of this killer, perhaps making him the victim and not just a straightforward killer, they didn't stop to realize if there was truly anything human about him in the first place. That above all, he had no soul to examine in the first place.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ground-Pound

After eating his super mushroom, Mario grew bigger and jumped even higher, before he curled his body to slam the ground on his butt.

“He just slammed the ground with his butt?” Spike asked.

“In the gaming world, it’s called a ground pound,” Sunset Shimmer explained. “A classic move from Super Mario!” The excited fiery girl squealed as she ingested her own mushroom.

“I’ve always wanted to try this!”

With that, Sunset Shimmer grew just as big, jumping into the air, before she curled her body up to slam her rear end onto the ground with a tremendous thud.

“Well, as Pinkie would say. When in the Mushroom Kingdom do the mushroom way.”

Spike ate his mushroom, which grew him to be as tall as Sunset and Mario.

“HERE WE GO!” Spike jumped into the air, curled his body up to curl up his rear end and slams—

*Metallic Bonk SFX*

”Who put that bar there?” Spike asked in a squeaky voice as he keels over.

“HERE WE GO!” Spike jumped into the air, curled his body up to curl up his rear end and slams—

*Metallic Bonk SFX*

”Who put that bar there?” Spike asked in a squeaky voice as he keels over.

Fffooo~ that’s gonna leave a mark

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Sunset Shimmer meets the Mario Bros.

“Uh, Sunset?” Twilight asked, upon noticing her friend’s slack jawed and bugged eyes expression. “Uh, Sunset? Are you—“

“Omigosh,” Sunset began quietly, before she took a deep breath. “Okay. I’m okay. I’m relaxed.”

With a smile on her face, Sunset politely shook Mario by the hand, as well as Luigi’s.

“It’s an honor to meet you, Mr. Mario!” Sunset smiled. “And you too, Mr. Luigi!”

“Aw, that’s-a nice!” Mario smiled. “But call me Mario. Mister is our dad.”

“Hmmm, Mr. Luigi,” Luigi pondered. “Got a-nice ring to it!”

And then later…

Sunset Shimmer was shaking Twilight like a rag doll. And the rest of the Mane Six and Spike too.

“I GOT TO MEET MARIO! I GOT TO MEET MARIO AND LUIGIIIIIII!!!!” Sunset Shimmer squealed happily, as she spun her friends around in circles, in their apartment. ”THIS IS A GAMER’S DREAM COME TRUUUUUUEEEE!!!!”

“I don’t know which is worst anymore,” Twilight moaned dizzily. “Sunset Shimmer hell-bent on trying to kill me across a Galaxy? Or the happy Sunset Shimmer who’s super elated to meet her favorite video game character?”

“Somehow I knew both Sunset Shimmer would be the death of us,” Spike added.

“Hi happy super elated Sunset Shimmer! I’m Pinkie Pie! And we’re gonna be best friends!” Pinkie Pie cheered. “WHEEEEEEE!!!!”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Based on this new video clip.

Finding the Warp Pipe

“Whoa!” Mario gasped. “What is this place?”

“Omigosh! It’s a warp pipe…” Sunset gasped.

“Lemme guess,” Applejack smirked. “Another one of your past time video gaming flashbacks?”

“Scoff if you will, Applejack,” Sunset huffed. “But these pipes will take you anywhere in the world. Pinch me, because I must be dreaming.”

Spike did just as Sunset asked, “Well, you asked for it,” He shrugged.

Ha-Luigi’s

“Oh goodness! Luigi, look out!” Fluttershy shouted, as Luigi crashed into a tree branch, which threw him back into the skeleton turtles, knocking them down like bowling pins.

“HA! Looks like you got HA-Luigi!” Luigi boasted, which he realized he spoke too soon, when the Dry Bone came back to life. “AAHHHH!!!”

“Pinkie Pie! Get out of here!” Twilight called. “GET HELP!! FIND SUNSET! FIND SPIKE! FIND MARIO!!”

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Secret of the Ooze
WHAT-IF: Sunset Shimmer’s pet gecko, Ray, gets mutated?

“Ray?!” Sunset Shimmer exclaimed to see what had become of her gecko.

“Don’t call me Ray,” The gecko replied. “Call me…MONDO GECKO!!!”

“COWAAAAAAAAABUNGAAAAAAAAAAA!!!” Mondo screamed as he skateboarded around with Mikey.

Defending Sunset’s honor

“Seraphina!” Demetria spatted.

“Her name is SUNSET SHIMMER!” Mondo Gecko barked angrily.

Then, the hyperactive gecko mutant proceeded to do all kinds of weird hollers, while doing some awesome skateboarding tricks, as he flies towards the Sith to throw a punch.

“COWAAAAAAABUNGAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!”

Unfortunately, Demetria wasn’t buying it. She simply stuck a fist out, punching Mondo in the mouth, knocking him out.

“Seriously? That’s all you got?” Demetria asked.

That is both freaky and awesome at the same time.

Ray does look like the same kind of gecko as Mondo is

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Ah yes... 'The Wild' reference. Not one of the best movies outside of the Disney canon, but it had its memorable moments. Even the giraffe was a memorable character, same voice actor who I believe was that kangaroo alien chick from that 'Titan A.E.' movie.

• Viewing 3,401 - 3,450 of 4,119