The Cult of Raccoon 87 members · 84 stories
Comments ( 11 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 11
Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

Alright everypony! April 1st is about 3 weeks away, and if y'all have paid attention to me in the lead up to April Fools Day for the past few years, you know what that means...

It's time for yet another round of...

OPERATION: CRACKFIC-STORM - 2024

...and with how this year's been going, I don't know if I'll be running it again, so if you've been holding off on submitting something, be sure to get something in this year!

Our Objective...

Flood the site with as many absurd stories on or around April 1st as possible!

• Stories can be about anything, as long as they're wacky and weird, and at least trying to be funny: this is April fools!
  • They must be submitted to the site on March 30th or March 31st, or the morning of April 1st, so they they can be on the front page on April 1st.
  • Make sure you also submit them to the Write-Off Entry Folder, so I can see and promote them, and so they're counted as being part of this event.

There are no rules for these submissions, other than that they are stories that make people laugh by their mere existence, so feel free to go nuts and let your creativity run wild!

You can do your part!

Even if you're not that good at writing, you can still bang out a wacky story and submit it! Every story helps! Who knows? This may be the story that gets you into writing! (just remember that if it's your first story submission, it has to pass moderator approval, which means it needs to be coherent and may take a full day just to post, so submit that on March 30th!)

So go ahead and get writing everypony, and feel encouraged to go nuts!

Need Help?

Remember to check my Writing Blogs,and to listen to this comedy writing panel I did with 4 other comedy writers/entertainers a couple years ago, and feel free to talk about your story with anyone you think can help! This isn't a contest (other than the satisfaction of getting something silly in the featured box, if you can) so no need to be secretive!

The Contest Folder will be open for submissions at the end of the month!

I might have to take part in this

Majin Syeekoh

o h b o y

Ah, glad to see this on again! And I sure hope it doesn't end this year. There are so many ridiculous ideas that haven't been published yet.

I'm collaborating with Silk Rose on something for the big day. I don't know if it'll be like the one I did last year, but it'll certainly be... something!

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

One Week Remaining!

You should! It will be good for you!

Oh boy

You should submit something and approve everyone else's submissions on the morning of April 1st.

Nothing says I have to be the one running it! If I'm able to next year, I'll run something, it just may not be a pony something...

I have a 3x Event Combo story on track for the storm. This will certainly be Somethingâ„¢.

Hm. The story i was gonna write based around the meme of "the bride and the ugly-ass husband" has RAPIDLY fallen apart because I have no idea what I'm doing in that fic. Maybe I'll just freewrite for a bit again and see what happens instead.

man. I would have actually wanted to see something based off of that meme. I have no clue why I find it so funny đŸ˜‚

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

Do whatever. It doesn't have to be a good story, just a story.

Rockstar_Raccoon
Group Admin

April First is almost upon us...

COMMENCE OPERTATION: CRACKFIC STORM!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 11