Gaming Bronies 78 members · 48 stories
Comments ( 5 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 5
pabrony
Group Admin

I'm gonna try to be civil about this...

Aw, screw it. Here's the rant:

Lego has no business in a racing simulation game. Star Wars, DC Comics, Marvel Comics fine. But Forza Horizon 4 is a simulation game.

Simulation means to simulate something; in this case, simulating driving/racing. People do not <censored> drive <censored> Lego cars in real life.

If Lego wants a racing game (which I think they already have), then they need make it themselves and NOT invade an established franchise.

Anyone else have an opinion this bull****?

Iunno, I'd just think of it like a skin, which is a big part of what Lego does with other established franchises. I agree it's probably not exactly what fans of strict simulation games might want, but I don't think it's anywhere near as egregious as other examples in the industry where the product isn't what the consumers want, like the infamous Diablo Immortal being announced at Blizzcon. Think of it like the Blood Dragon expansions for Far Cry. It probably plays pretty similarly, but just has a different look and feel to it.

This is kind of an overreaction. There are a lot of people that will have fun with this. And it doesn't take away from the racing sim genre at all. At the end of the day it's a harmless offshoot, unlike a pay to win mobile game would be.

There are more arcade style racing games available as well as racing sims that have a more realistic approach but from the trailer it looks like the content is purely cosmetic and doesn't change any gameplay mechanics.

I don't see the issue here, correct me if I'm wrong but Lego videogames have covered a few different genres in past installments.

There have really only ever been three Lego racing video games, and they were essentially trying and capitalize on the success of Mario Kart.
LEGO Racers in 1999, released for Windows/N64/PS1/GBC; LEGO Racers 2 in 2001, for Windows/PS2/GBA; and Drome Racers in 2002, released for Windows/GCN/PS2/GBA. There hasn't been another LEGO Racers game in soon-to-be 17 years. The IP was never even that strong to begin with, and now it really only serves as an alternate method of licensed model car collecting.

So releasing a fun LEGO-themed skin for an actual racing game? Why not? I'm in no way a "car guy". I don't see the point of all these multi-thousand dollar vehicles that people really only bust out at car shows. I don't know my crankshafts from my driveshafts. So I've never been interested in Forza before. This new DLC has actually made me somewhat look its way.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 5