The Disney Chronicles 134 members · 5 stories
Comments ( 36 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 36
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

What the title says above. Everyone are all welcome to post their suggestions. Proofreading needed. Speech needed for Lady Upanova, ostriches, and elephants.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

The Dance of the Hours chapter....so far.

Fantasia - Dance of the Hours

Upon entering the world of "Dance of the Hours."

"Where are we?" Rainbow Dash asked, as she and the friends walked down a seemingly long hallway.

"I don't know." Twilight answered uneasily. "But hopefully, nothing big or scary jumps out and surprise us."

"Ooh! I love surprises!" Pinkie chirped. "It's not even my birthday yet! Oh, wait. Could it be my birthday? Or Jimmy's? Or maybe Spike's? Ooh! How about Rarity's? Or Dashie's birth-a-versary!"

"Pinkie! It's not my birthday!" Rainbow Dash replied.

The friends continued their journey, down the hall to a set of curtains that parted away to reveal they were in a dancing school of some sort.

"Hey guys! Look over there!" Spike shouted.

The girls, plus Jiminy, looked to see a ball of black and white feathers with a pink bow, before it stood up, revealing itself to be an ostrich.

"Aw, she's so beautiful!" Fluttershy cooed.

The ostrich yawned a bit, before she looked and noticed her visitors.

"HI!" Pinkie greeted the ostrich.

The ostrich was startled by the pink pony's jumpscare of a greeting, before she lightens up and greets the heroes.

"Hello there." Twilight greeted the ostrich. "Sorry to disturb you. We're just here looking for a music sheet, and we'll be on our way. You wouldn't happen to know where it is, do you?"

The ostrich shook her head and said something. "Oh, you haven't?" Fluttershy answered, before the ostrich said something else. "Oh, I see."

"What is it, Fluttershy?" Jiminy asked. "What did she say?"

"She said she just woke up this morning, and she hasn't seen a single music sheet before then." Fluttershy answered, before the ostrich said something else. "Oh, she also says the show is about to start."

"Show? What show?" Rainbow asked.

"Her show of course. Her name is Madame Upanova. She's a ballet teacher, and she and her students are about to dance."

"My! She can do ballet?" Rarity asked curiously, to which the ostrich nodded her head. "This would be an interesting sight to see. Uh, do you mind if we watch you perform?"

The ostrich said something to Fluttershy, "She said not at all!" The pegasus said. "They would love to perform before an audience!"

With that, the ponies, Spike, and Jiminy all took their seats as they watched Madame Upanova waking her students up. The friends all noted how the teacher was the only one who wears pink bow with matching slippers, while her students only wore baby blue bows with matching slippers. The students all yawned upon their awake, before they started a few warm up exercises from the usual leg stretches to a few tap dance to shake their sleep away.

At last, once they are fully awake, the students followed their teacher to the dance floor. The heroes watched as the students all circled around their teacher, forming a ring. Everyone watched as the ostriches folded their wings together, on top of their teacher to form a bud-like formation of a blooming flower. Each students all raised a single leg behind them as they bent down, while still holding their wings above their heads. Then, with burst of feathers, Madame Upanova erupted into the air, where she twirled her body, before she floated gracefully back down to the floor.

"Wow!" The friends all marveled at the ostriches' display of ballet.

"Incredible!" Jiminy gasped, holding his glasses over his eyes, to make sure his vision wasn't deceiving him.

When Madame Upanova came back to the ground, she did a full split, before she gracefully got back up, while her students all bowed their head respectfully around her. Then, putting one leg in front of the other and so on, while her students danced in a line behind her, the ballet teacher danced toward the heroes, looked at Jiminy Cricket, and fluttered her eyes at him, causing the wise cricket to blush in a shade of crimson pink.

With a flutter of her bow tie, Madame Upanova resumes her solo dance, skipping to the left to move her legs in and out a few times. Then, she skips back to the center and repeats the same dance steps, before moving onto the right to repeat the same dance steps again, until she arrives back out on the center, where her students all danced in-sync together, behind her.

"Wow, they danced beautifully!" Fluttershy smiled. "I never knew ostriches can be so graceful, like swans!"

"I concur darling," Rarity smiled. "Why, this reminds me of the time when I went to Manehattan to assist with the costume designs for the ballet Swan Lake."

Just then, the dancers all surrounded a large conch of fruits, resting on a single pedestal. Madame Upanova danced her way up to the conch, picked it up, and danced her way back out to the floor, as her students all smacked their beaks together, looking hungrily at the conch.

"Guess it's snack time," Applejack deduced.

"Good! Because I'm hungry!" Pinkie Pie said, reaching into her mane and pulled out a huge tray of cupcakes to share.

Meanwhile, Madame Upanova reached into the conch and throws out a flurry of fruits for her students to snack on. The students were given an assort of bananas, apples, and oranges, which they've had initial trouble swallowing them down their long necks, until at last they had their meal. In the meantime, their teacher helped herself to some grapes, when all of a sudden, a music sheet came flying out of the conch.

"Hey! It's the music sheet!" Spike exclaimed.

Twilight blinked and smiled, "Well, this has to be the shortest time we've had to find it."

Rainbow smiled. "Great! Let's go and..."

All of a sudden, some of the ostriches who weren't busy trying to steal Madame Upanova's grapes were curiously going up to the music sheet and trying to catch it. Rainbow frowned as she flew over and tried to push them out of the way!

"Hey! HEY! This is not food!" Rainbow yelled, pushing some of the ostriches back.

A wind current then blew the music sheet away, following Madame Upanova as she was trying to get away from the ostriches stealing her grapes.

"Oh no! We're not having another one of these loose music sheet adventures! After it!" Twilight called as the others followed the ostriches outside towards the middle of grounds, where a fountain happened to be.

"I got it!" Rainbow shouted, waving her hooves out to grab the music sheet, only for it to slip from her hooves and quickly vanished. "I don't got it."

Meanwhile, Madame Upanova and her students continue to fight over the grapes, when it slipped out of the teacher's beak and into the fountain.

"Aw, talk about losing your lunch," Pinkie frowned, when she, her friends, and the ostriches noticed some bubbles coming from the water.

"Bubbles?" Rainbow asked, before she noticed the ostriches were all running away, as if they were frightened by the bubbles. "Hey! Where're you going? Not scared of a few bubbles, are you?"

Jiminy took a closer look, and realized the source, "Uh, actually Rainbow Dash. I don't think it's the bubbles they're afraid of. Look!" With that, everyone all followed where Jiminy was pointing his finger, to see the head of a hippopotamus emerging from the water. She looked at the heroes with a flutter of her ears, followed by a snort of water from her large snout, before she emerged from the water, holding the grapes the ostriches had lost from their earlier scuffle, and plopped the fruits into her mouth.

"Oh, hello," Fluttershy greeted the hippo.

"Oh, why hello," The hippo greeted the pegasus, as she wiggled her legs and rear to shake some of the waters dripping off her. "Forgive me. I wasn't expecting any guests."

"Oh that's okay," Fluttershy replied. "We were just here looking for a music sheet. What's your name by the way?"

"Hyacinth Hippo," The hippo introduced herself.

Fun fact: The one time Hyacinth Hippo actually talked was in the Disney/Warner Bros. Crossover Who Framed Roger Rabbit. Other times, she's always been a mute.

"Well, nice to meet you Ms. Hyacinth Hippo," Fluttershy greeted respectfully. "I'm Fluttershy. And these are my friends, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, and Jiminy Cricket."

"Charmed," Hyacinth answered. "So, what brings you all here? Did you come here to watch my dance performance?"

"Oh no," Fluttershy shook her head. "We were just here looking for a music sheet."

"And we found it," Rainbow added. "But then it just vanished into thin air. And now we can't seem to find it."

"Oh dear, I'm sorry to hear that," Hyacinth said.

"Oh that's okay m'am," Jiminy spoke up. "I'm sure we'll find it again. We always do."

"Aw, that's good to hear," The hippo smiled. "I wish I could be of some help to you all, but....its daytime."

The friends all looked at each other, exchanging puzzled look, "So?" Rainbow asked.

"So, it's the time when I and my friends, dance," Hyacinth said, emphasizing dance by showing off a few dance steps of her own.

"There's more going on?" Rainbow asked in surprise, as she and the friends watched to see more hippos appearing from behind some pillars, dancing their way to Hyacinth Hippo, with a tutu, a golden mirror, and some makeup powders for her.

The hippos all danced around Hyacinth as they dons up her tutu around her waist, while holding out her powder for her to fluff on her face, and under her arms, before she leapt out of the fountain and danced a few steps, followed by a few twirl of her body.

"Wow, she's not bad!" Twilight commented.

"She's quite dainty on her steps," Rarity commented.

"I think it's adorable!" Fluttershy commented.

The friends all watched as Hyacinth danced up to her hippo friends, exchanging hand claps with three of them, before she danced away and does a couple more pirouette, until she came to a stop and lets out a yawn.

"Aw, someone's getting sleepy~" Pinkie said, before she was shushed by some of the hippos.

Two of the hippos helped Hyacinth to a couch, where she was laid to rest. At the same time, the music sheet appeared.

"Hey! THERE'S THE-" Rainbow Dash was quickly shushed by the rest of her friends. "There's the music sheet!" She whispered.

Twilight nodded, "Then let's get it before-" Just then, a great shadow looms over the friends, with a sudden change of the setting from Day to Sunset.

"Hey! What's going on?" Jiminy asked.

“ARGH!! I almost had it!” Rainbow Dash groaned in frustration, dismayed that the music sheet had slipped through her hooves, again.

"If I didn't know any better, I'd say this world's time also has a mind of its own!" Octavia theorized.

"You could be right," Vinyl Scratch replied. "Though I don't see a dark cloud anywhere, so I guess it's safe to say that it ain't like the one we experienced in the Rite of Spring Realm."

"You could be right, Ms. Scratch," Jiminy said in agreement. "From the looks of it, only the times of morning, noon, and now the afternoon is in control."

"So, no time loop then?" Spike asked.

"Possibly."

Rainbow Dash turned her head in random directions, "Huh? Where'd that music sheet go now?" She asked in disbelief. "I just saw it a moment ago!"

Remembering the task at hand and hoof, everyone resumed their search, when Fluttershy noticed some figures behind some pillars, on her right, "Look!" She pointed.

There, peering from behind the stone pillars are a herd of anthropomorphic elephants, with pink ballet slippers, like the ostriches and hippos.

"Hi there!" Pinkie Pie greeted loudly to the elephants, who remained behind their hiding spots.

"PINKIE!!!" Everyone shushed the pony, remind her of their sleeping hippo friend.

"Um, it's okay, don't be afraid," Fluttershy said softly in a reassuring tone. "We mean you no harm. We're just enjoying the show your friends have put on," The elephants smiled at the buttercup pegasus's kind words, before they stepped out from behind the pillars and made their way out in the opening, dancing on the tip of their toes. "Oh! You can dance as well?" Fluttershy asked in astonishment, as she and everyone watched the elephants danced gracefully around them, to further display their grace and poise. "Oh my! You're all so talented!" The pegasus complimented.

"Okay, just hold on a sec!" Rainbow Dash began. "First we've got dancing ostriches. Then we have dancing hippos. And now we've got dancing elephants. Coincidence?"

"Uh yeah!" Pinkie Pie confirmed. "We just landed in the middle of a dancing school!"

"Shh! Quiet!" Rarity hushed, as everyone all look back to the elephants carrying on their performances.

After a while of dancing around the ponies and friends, the elephants all danced up to the sleeping Hyacinth Hippo, circling around her for a moment, before they made their way to the fountain the hippo made her entrance from. The elephants dipped their trunks in to inhale a decent amount of water, before exhaling a storm of bubbles.

"Ooh! Bubbles!" Pinkie cheered, bouncing happily to pop a few of them. "I love bubbles!"

The elephants danced as they swing their hips to the side, with their trunks following the movements to blow bubbles from the right to the left, and vice versa.

One of the elephants decided to blow a big bubble from the end of her trunk. But the biggest surprise of all appeared to both her and the audience, when a goldfish appeared in the bubble from the elephant's trunk.

"Hey!" Spike exclaimed, pointing at the fish. "Isn't that one of those goldfishes from before?"

"Sweet Celestia!" Rarity exclaimed in equal shock. "I do believe it is, Spikey-wikey!"

"How did it get here?" Vinyl Scratch asked. "Could there be like a connection between this realm and the other one?"

"It's a possibility," Jiminy replied. "Who knows, maybe in some small ways, the books we've used to travel to these realms works the same way as the Book of Disney. Maybe that goldfish used that same type of magic to get here?"

"Guys, look!" Twilight pointed, to show the rest of the elephants surrounding Hyacinth, who is still sleeping.

"What are they doing?" Applejack asked suspiciously.

Everyone watched as the elephants all tiptoed slowly towards the sleeping Hyacinth, who is unaware of their presence. Then, once they're close enough, the elephants all raised their trunks up in the air, before bringing them back down to the ground, to blow more bubbles, surrounding the sleeping hippo. With that task done, the elephants quietly and quickly retreated.

Hyacinth blinked her eyes open for a few moments, before she lets out a yawn.

"Ooh! Looks like nap time is over!" Pinkie whispered, watching Hyacinth sucking up all the bubbles into her mouth, before she turns to her side and resumes her sleep, while adjusting her tutu a bit. "Or not."

Meanwhile, the elephants continue with their dance, while making more bubbles from their trunks. Some made tutus out of the bubbles, while others blew them to play with, as if they were balls.

One elephant was blowing up a bubble, which rolled down her back and she kicks it off with her leg, before she blows up another, which floated down and scoops her up a little bit, in the air, before it pops.

Some of the other elephants repeated this action, blowing up some more bubbles, rolling them down their backs and kicked them off. However, one elephant stumbled into trouble, when her bubble wouldn't pop and got stuck to her foot.

"Hehe," Rainbow Dash chuckled, as she flies over. "Looks like you're a little stuck there, huh?" The elephant nodded, as she struggled in vain to get her bubble off. "Here. Let me help," With that, Rainbow tapped her hoof on the bubble, which strangely didn't pop. "What the what?" She exclaimed, and continues to tap the bubble, which repeatedly failed. "Come on!" She growled in irritation.

"Wow, that's one tough bubble," Pinkie commented, when she bounced over.

While the two ponies continued to help their elephant friend get the bubble off, the rest of the pachyderms all put their trucks together and they all blew their bubbles, creating a fountain of bubbles that brought the still sleeping Hyacinth into the air, on her mattress.

"My goodness!" Rarity marveled. "This is quite a dazzling display!"

"Don't have to tell me twice," Vinyl Scratch smiled, before she turned to Octavia. "So. Feeling inspired yet?"

"Oh I'd say so," The earth pony smiled. "Indeed, all these musical adventures we've been having. Yes!"

Suddenly, a great gust of wind blew across the courtyard, taking the elephants, the ponies, dragon, and cricket by surprise, as the wind threatens to carry them away.

"What's going on?!" Twilight asked, as she struggled to hold on tight to a column.

"I don't know!" Jiminy answered, as he grabs a firm hold to Twilight's mane. "Hold on, everyone!" He called out. "Hold on!!"

"We are holding on!!!" Applejack said, on behalf of herself and the rest of the gang.

Everyone looked up and watched as the elephants were all carried away, and vanished out of sight.

"Where are they all going?" Applejack asked, before the wind starts to die down, and Hyacinth slowly floated back down to the ground, on her bed, still asleep.

"She slept through all that?" Rainbow and Twilight asked in disbelief.

"Wow, she's one heavy sleeper," Pinkie commented.

"Emphasis on heavy," Rarity added.

"It's not nice to talk about people behind their backs, y'know," Jiminy berated the two ponies, with Fluttershy nodding in agreement.

Just then, everyone took notice of the literal change of scenery.

“Night time already?” Twilight asked.

“Princess Luna? Is that you?” Pinkie asked.

“Look!” Fluttershy pointed, to reveal some hooded figures looking down at them, from the roof.

"Who are they?!" Octavia asked.

"I don't know," Twilight replied, as she and the gang watched the figures moving towards them, slinking their bodies from side to side.

Then, the figures dramatically threw their capes wide open, "CROCODILES!!!" Pinkie screamed in fright, which still didn't wake up Hyacinth.

Everybody watched as the crocs ran to the side, with more appearing after the first group.

"What are they up to?" Jiminy asked.

"I think we're about to find out," Applejack answered.

The friends all watched as the crocs perched themselves on the roof, before one of them pointed down to the friends, and Hyacinth Hippo, who is still snoring away, completely unaware of what is happening. The crocodiles all opened their maws wide, as if they're drooling hungrily at the sleeping hippo.

Upon seeing their hungry face, Fluttershy instantly went pale, as she recalled Charlie, the stegosaurus they had befriended, and his untimely demise at the claws of the Tyrannosaurus Rex, back from their previous adventure in the Rite of Spring Realm.

"Oh no!" Fluttershy whimpered, looking at Hyacinth in her helpless state. "I think they want to eat her!"

The friends looked, seeing how scared Fluttershy was, before turning back to see the crocodiles all slithering down the pillars, as if they were snakes, once again flaring up their capes dramatically, before they all surrounded the friends and hippo.

"Everyone, be ready for anything!" Twilight said, firing her horn up in a lavender aura.

The crocodiles continued to advance upon the friends, before completely surrounding them in circles, "Stay back!" Rainbow Dash barked at some of the crocodiles, flaring her wings out as she threatens, "You want Hyacinth? You'll have to go through ME first!"

"That goes double for me!" Applejack joined.

"Triple for me!" Pinkie added.

"Here here!" Rarity agreed.

The crocs all exchanged some looks at each other, before one of them whispered something into the others' ears, and they laughed. Suddenly, the crocodiles all scrambled and scattered in fright.

"Yeah that's right!" Rainbow barked. "Run away, and don't come back!"

Skeptical, Jiminy Cricket turns his head and his eyes widened, "Uh, actually Rainbow Dash," He began. "I don't think it's you they're afraid of!"

"What?" The girls and boys turned their head, to see another crocodile standing before them.

However, unlike the other crocs that have left the scene, this one appears to be much larger and taller than the others that came before him. And he is without his cape. Lastly, he wears a red hat with a purple plume at the top.

"He must be their leader!" Spike whispered.

"He does have that commanding authoritative appeal," Rarity added.

The croc looked at the visitors, slithering around them, while taking a few occasional whiff at their scents, "Who are you?" He hissed.

"Uh....I'm Fluttershy," Fluttershy answered. "And these are my friends, Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Applejack, Rarity, Pinkie Pie, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch, Spike, and Jiminy Cricket."

"Hello," The friends all greeted the croc.

"And just who might you be?" Octavia asked. "If you don't mind me asking."

"I am Ben Ali Gator," The crocodile answered, bowing his head and his hat like a respectable gentleman.

"GATOR?!!" The friends all looked at each other, exchanging questionable looks.

"Yeah, yeah, I know, I know," Ben replied. "I may look like a crocodile, but believe me. I'm a gator. Well, on my father's side, that is."

"Oh, please forgive us, Mr. Gator," Jiminy apologized.

"Mr. Gator is my dad," Ben stopped the cricket. "Just Ben will do."

"Okay then, Ben," Fluttershy said. "It's a real pleasure to meet you. And we're sorry about mistaking you for a crocodile. I hope you don't take any offense by it."

"Don't worry, Fluttershy," The gator waved his claws. "My boys and I get that a lot." His eyes then looked at the sleeping hippo, and he became enchanted, "Well, well, well. Who's sleeping beauty over here?" He asked, slithering past the friends and around the hippo, checking her out.

Hyacinth snorted before she opened her eyes and looked up, startled to see the gator looking down at her.

“Oh! Ben!” She exclaimed, holding her tutu over her face.

“Why good evening my [Insert flirty comment here] hippo queen~” Ben flirted in a suave voice, before he lunged toward her, with his lips puckered up for a kiss. However, Hyacinth manages to slip and evade the gator’s attempt.

“What the what?!” Rainbow exclaimed in bewilderment. “Are those two-“

“Yep.” Applejack nodded. “Looks like it.”

Fluttershy couldn’t help but giggle like a schoolgirl, “That’s so adorable!”

The friends all watched as Ben chases Hyacinth around the bed, before the hippo dances out of sight. Suddenly, at a speed that rivals Rainbow Dash, the hippo returned, then she jumps up in the air and squashed Ben.

“Oh!!!!” The visitors exclaimed, with Jiminy the most uncomfortable.

“I’ve had my shares of watching other bugs being squashed,” The cricket winced. “But a crocodile, et I mean, alligator crushed by a hippo?”

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

And to think I thought this WIP's were supposed to be private. But I guess I was wrong.

MarioBrony
Group Contributor

WOW...great job so far!

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

So did you get permission to a post this

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

What does wip mean

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Permission or not, certain details definitely need to be looked into. Won't be easy, especially the request to give certain characters some speeches.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

It's an acronym for 'Work-In-Progress', like looking at a draft that needs further examination before it's officially published.

Otherwise, the writer would be making the mistake of publishing the first draft when there's dozens of walkthroughs to go through before it's ready for sale.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin

Did you want over this with dino you are helping him right?

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I went over the 'first' part of this chapter with Dino. He asked me 'personally' to go over it, clean it up a bit, and then I was to wait until the next part was ready for examination.

Tim Ribbert
Group Admin
Dramamaster829
Group Admin

At least that was the initial plan at first. But you know what they say about 'plans'...

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

No I didn’t get this from Dino. This is actually from the Quote Suggestion forum. After seeing how it’s done from the Cinematic Adventure group, I thought maybe Dino would be done with the next chapter, or two, if we had a forum page designated solely for one Disney Chronicle story at a time.

Sorry. I probably should’ve stated that first before jumping the gun. Force of habit sometimes.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

No, no. There's no need to fret about it. You have good intentions doing this and we appreciate it. Anything to get certain bums off Dino's back, bums who have been bugging him like crazy about the latest chapter's progress, it's more than enough. It's one thing to block those guys from 'here' but their comments can still appear on Dino's page or even through somebody speaking for them like CallionActor unless that part is settled soon. If anything, he's merely being used as their 'messenger' boy.

Anyways, on the note of this Quote Suggestion thing, to give a speech on these characters we need an idea on their personality. And the only way we can know about that is knowing their expressions and actions within the short itself.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

This is what I got so far:

The massive doorways slowly open before the Mane Six and their friends. The gang soon found themselves walking down a seemingly long hallway, their hoof-steps echoing along the floor. The ponies, Spike and Jiminy Cricket look around at this strange, unusual landscape.

“Where are we?” Rainbow asked, breaking the silence.

“I don’t know,” Twilight answered, uneasily. “Hopefully nothing big or scary jumps out. Last thing we need are any more surprises.”

“Ooh! I love surprises!” Pinkie chirped. “Course, it’s not my birthday yet… Wait! Could it be my birthday? Or maybe Jiminy’s? Spike’s? Ooh! How about Rarity’s? Or, or… OR… Dashie’s birth-a-versary?!”

“Pinkie, it’s not my birthday!” Rainbow Dash replied, bluntly.

The friends chatted the whole way through this seemingly long journey. Until at last, they saw from the end of the hall a set of silver curtains that parted away as if by magic. Before their very eyes, they stumble upon what appears to be a dance school of sort. As they adjusted to their new environment, Spike’s eyes manage to catch something at the center.

“Hey guys!” Spike shouted, pointing. “Look over there!”

The girls, including Jiminy Cricket, turn toward Spike’s direction and see what appears to be a ball of black-and-white feathers with a pink bow. They were just about to assume it was a piece of furniture when it suddenly shifts and stands up. To their amazement it reveals itself to be an Ostrich, a female ostrich to be specific.

“She’s so beautiful!” Fluttershy cooed.

The ostrich yawns a bit, before she turns and notices the most unusual looking visitors her eyes have ever seen.

“Hi!” Pinkie greeted the ostrich.

The ostrich was startled by the pink pony’s greeting, which felt more like a jump scare. But the bird eventually lightens up and bows her head.

“Hello,” The ostrich spoke, with a posh tone.

“Hello there,” Twilight greeted the ostrich. “Sorry if we disturbed you.”

“Oh no, it’s quite all right. I was just rather startled is all. May I help you?”

“Well, actually we just came here looking for a piece of sheet music. It’s very important that we find it. You wouldn’t happen to know if there was one around here, would you?”

“My apologies, but I’m afraid I haven’t,” The ostrich shook her head.

“You haven’t?” Fluttershy asked.

“Sadly no, dear. I only just woke up this morning upon your arrival. I haven’t seen a single music sheet before then.”

“Oh, I see.”

“But since you’re here, please feel free to make yourself comfortable. The show’s about to begin.”

“What kind of show?” Rainbow asked.

“The show I’m currently orchestrating, of course,” The ostrich replied. “Oh, but where are my manners? My name is Madama Upanova, the ballet instructor of our fine establishment. And, as a way of extending our welcome, my students and I wish to present you with our signature dance.”

“My, an Ostrich ballet?” Rarity asked, curiously.

“Quite right,” Upanova nodded.

“That would be an interesting sight to see; we’d love to watch you perform!”

“Excellent! If there’s one thing my girls love is performing before an audience. Please, sit anywhere you’d like.”

The ponies, Spike, and Jiminy take their seats, mostly along the floor, as Madame Upanova proceeds to wake her students. The friends noted how the teacher was the only one wearing a pink bow with matching slippers, while her students wore baby-blue bows with matching slippers.

“Step lively girls,” Upanova announced. “We have guests.”

All the students yawned upon their awake, before they begin a few warm exercises. Some were doing their usual leg stretches, while others perform a light tap dance to shake off the sleep. Fully awake at last, the students follow their teacher to the dance floor.

From there, our heroes watch as the students circle around their teacher, forming a ring. Every pony watched as the ostriches fold their wings together, all atop their teacher forming a bud-like formation resembling a blooming flower. Each student raises a single leg behind them as they bend down, while holding their wings above their heads. Then, with a burst of feathers, Madame Upanova erupts into the air, twirling her body before floating gracefully down to the floor. The group of friends marveled at the display of ballet, while Jiminy held his glasses over his eyes to make sure his vision wasn’t deceiving him.

“Wow!” They said, in awe.

“Incredible!” Jiminy gasped.

When Madame Upanova came back to the ground, she performed a full split then gracefully pulls herself back up. All while her students bow their heads respectfully around her. Then, putting one leg in front of the other and so on, as her students dance a line behind her, the ballet teacher approaches the heroes, gazing upon Jiminy Cricket. She flutters her eyes toward him, causing the wise cricket to blush with a shade of crimson pink.

With a flutter of her bow tie, Madame Upanova resumes her solo dance, skipping to her left and moving her legs in-and-out a few times. She skips back toward the center, repeating the same dance steps, before moving toward the right and again repeating the steps. Eventually, she arrives back toward the center, where her students all dance in-sync together.

“They dance beautifully!” Fluttershy smiled. “I never knew ostriches can be so graceful, almost like swans!”

“I concur, darling,” Rarity smiled. “This reminds me of the time I went to Manehattan to assist Ms. Pommel with some costume designs for the ballet Swan Lake.”

Just then, all the dancers surround a large cornucopia full of fruit, nestled upon a single pedestal. Madame Upanova danced her way toward the curved, hollow goat’s horn, picking it up and dancing her way back out toward the floor. Her students smack their beaks together, gazing hungrily.

“Guess it must be snack time,” Applejack deduced.

“Oh good!” Pinkie said, cheerily. “Because I’m hungry!”

Pinkie Pie reaches into her mane, pulling out a huge tray of cupcakes to share among her friends, while Upanova reaches into the horn.

“Here you are girls,” Upanova declared. “Help yourself!”

Madame Upanova throws a flurry of fruit for her students to snack on. Bananas, apples, oranges, most of which the students had initial trouble swallowing down their long necks. But at least, they could enjoy a nice healthy meal to start the day. In the meantime, their teacher helped herself to some grapes, when suddenly, a music sheet emerged out of the horn.

“It’s the music sheet!” Spike exclaimed.

“Well, this has to be the shortest time finding it,” Twilight smiled.

“Great!” Rainbow smiled. “Let’s go and…”

Suddenly, some ostriches, who weren’t busy trying to steal Madame Upanova’s grapes, curiously approached the music sheet and tried to catch it. Rainbow frowned as she flew over, trying to push them out of the way.

“Hey! HEY!” Rainbow yelled, pushing them back. “That’s not food! Get away from there!”

Just then, a wind current brushes the music sheet away, following Madame Upanova as she was trying to get away from the ostriches stealing her grapes.

“Oh no!” Twilight groaned. “Not another loose music sheet adventure! Come on, girls! After it!”

Twilight Sparkle, along with the others, follow the ostriches outside toward the middle of the grounds, right where a fountain happened to be.

“I got it!” Rainbow called out.

The Pegasus waved her hooves out to grab the music sheet, only for it to slip from her hooves and quickly vanished.

“Don’t got it.”

Meanwhile, Madame Upanova and her students were fighting over the graps, when it slipped out of the teacher’s beak and into the fountain.

“Aw, talk about losing your lunch,” Pinkie frowned.

Pinkie, her friends and the ostrich group peek over the fountain for a close look. That’s when they suddenly noticed some bubbles coming from the water.

“Bubbles?” Rainbow asked.

Rainbow didn’t have long to look when she noticed all the ostriches running away, as if the bubbles frightened them.

“Hey! Where’re you going? Not scared of a few bubbles, are you?”

Jiminy Cricket took a closer look and realized the source of the matter.

“Uh, Rainbow Dash. I don’t think it’s the bubbles they’re afraid of. Look!”

All the ponies and Spike followed where Jiminy was pointing his finger, as the head of a hippopotamus emerged from the water. She looks toward the heroes with a flutter of her ears, followed by a snort of water from her large snout, before emerging from the water. She holds the grapes the ostriches lost from their earlier scuffle and plops the fruit into her mouth.

I'll post some more later.

You'll have to check in with Dinodisneylover1 about this.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Until Dino says otherwise, this is the best we got for the time being. For all we know, he probably had something else planned. But, we shall see what we shall see.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

I'll have to think carefully when it comes to the Elephants. Even though 'technically' one of them has a name, being that they all look alike and don't really have a distinct quality to separate one from the other, the best I 'could' do is make it a bit of a recurring joke.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

“Hello,” Fluttershy greets the hippo.

“Oh, why hello,” The hippo answers, between bites.

After swallowing the grapes, the Hippo wiggles her legs and rear to shake off some water dripping along her from the fountain. The group stand quietly for a moment until the Hippo acknowledges them again.

“Forgive me,” The hippo spoke, to Fluttershy. “I wasn’t expecting guests today.”

“That’s okay,” Fluttershy replied. “We were just passing through; by the way, what’s your name?

“Hyacinth. Hyacinth Hippo.”

“It’s very nice to meet you, Ms. Hyacinth Hippo. I’m Fluttershy and these are my friends: Twilight, Rainbow Dash, Rarity, Applejack, Pinkie Pie, Spike, Octavia, Vinyl Scratch and Jiminy Cricket.”

“Charmed,” Hyacinth bowed. “So, what brings you all here? Did you come to watch my performance?”

“Oh no, not exactly,” Fluttershy shook her head. “Actually, we’ve come here looking for a piece of sheet music.”

“Technically, we found it,” Rainbow added. “But then it just vanished into thin air. Now we can’t seem to find it.”

“Oh dear,” Hyacinth said. “I’m sorry to hear that.”

“That’s okay ma’am,” Jiminy spoke up. “I’m sure we’ll find it like we always do.”

“How lovely to hear,” The hippo smiled. “I wish I could be of some help to you all, but as you can see… Its daytime.”

The friends all turned toward one another. There was no mistake that they shared the same puzzled expression.

“So?” Rainbow asked, raising an eyebrow.

“So, it’s the time when my friends and I… Dance,” Hyacinth answered.

The hippo emphasized ‘dance’ by showing off a few steps of her own. Before Dash and her friends can say anything, more hippos suddenly appear from behind some pillars and danced their way toward Hyacinth. Some carried a tutu, a golden mirror, and some powder makeup for her.

“They sure do a lot of dancing in this realm,” Rainbow noted.

The hippos, possibly her students, danced around Hyacinth as they don her tutu around her waist, while holding out her powder. Hyacinth proceeds to fluff her face, then apply some powder under her arms. In an instance, she leapt out of the fountain and danced a few steps, followed by a slight twirl of her body.

“Wow, she’s not bad!” Twilight commented.

“Quite dainty on her steps, I say,” Rarity added.

“I think it’s adorable!” Fluttershy commented.

The friends all watch as Hyacinth danced among her hippo friends, exchanging hand claps with at least three of them. She continues to dance and concludes with a long pirouette, until she came to a stop and released a yawn.

“Aw, someone’s getting sleepy,” Pinkie said.

“Shh!” The hippos hushed.

“Aah… Sorry girls,” Hyacinth spoke, sleepily. “I just need to close my eyes… For just a moment…”

Two of the hippos help Hyacinth toward a nearby couch, where she laid to rest. As the hippos vanish behind the pillars, that’s when the music sheet appears.

Hey!” Rainbow Dash yelled. “THERE’S THE—”

“SHH!” Her friends shushed.

“Sheet music!” Dash whispered.

“Great!” Twilight nodded, whispering. “Let’s get it before—”

Suddenly, a great shadow looms over the group as the setting suddenly shifts from Day to Sunset. The girls were so distracted, the sheet music quickly slipped away and vanished into the horizon.

“Hey, what’s going on?” Jiminy asked.

“ARGH!!” Rainbow Dash groaned, frustrated. “This place is really starting to get on my nerves!”

“If I didn’t know any better,” Octavia theorized. “I’d say this world’s time has a mind of its own.”

“You could be right, Tavi,” Vinyl Scratch replied. “Though I haven’t seen any dark clouds since we got here. Guess it’s safe to say this realm isn’t like the one we experienced with the Rite of Spring.”

“You could be right, Ms. Scratch,” Jiminy agreed. “From the looks of it, only the times of morning, noon, and now the afternoon is in control.”

“So, no time loop?” Spike asked.

“Possibly.”

“Uh hello,” Rainbow spoke. “Anyone want to know where the music sheet is? You’d think it would hold still for a moment.”

Remembering the task at hand, or in this case hoof and claw, the whole team resumed their search. As they turned their heads in random directions, Fluttershy noticed some figures hiding behind the pillars to her right.

“Look!” She pointed.

To be continued...

What if in the bubble scene, some ponies get trapped inside them? Or some also float with bubbles?
It's just one idea, what do you think? :twilightsmile:

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

We'd have to be crazy not to take advantage of such comedic elements like this. I think that sounds fun to work with.

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

(The telephone calls)

I'll get that.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Say... Who's on the line? Did you ever find out yet?

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted May 15th, 2020

Here's one idea. During the end of Night on Bald Mountain, Octavia gets the music sheet from Chernabog.

Chernabog-Your going to pay for messing with me.

Octavia-Your not going to harm us tonight.

Chernabog (Confused)-Why not?

Octavia-Because the night is over.

The sound of church bells can be heard from the mountain for everyone to hear, and Chernabog knew that his time was done, before going to sleep, he spoke to Octavia.

Chernabog-Well played, pony. Well played.

Octavia just smiles

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Well... Something along those lines 'could' work, if only to give Octavia her spotlight moment. And prove she wasn't just brought into the crossover just to take up space.

Indeed, i believe that even if someone was a side-character, they can have their heroic moments too.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

Considering I haven't seen on the list where Octavia and/or Vinyl Scratch make any more guest starring appearances, unless they appear for the sequel, they've got to make the most of their time while they get to team with Twilight and the gang.

Comment posted by ToonPup55 deleted Aug 14th, 2020
Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Ok...time to be the specter again...gotta think of something negative to get into character...

Phantom-Dragon
Group Admin

Last time on Disney Chronicles

“We had the idea to combine two pieces of music, so different in construction and mood, to one that would set each other off perfectly,” Deems explained further. “The first one is called A Night on Bald Mountain, a symphonic poem written by one of Russia’s greatest composers: Modest Mussorgsky. One he remodeled a few times so it would be included in one of his operas. His mentor was critical about the piece and refused to let it perform. One of the operas he tried to include it, The Fair at Sorochyntsi, was unfinished and thus it never got the chance to shine.”

“That’s rather sad,” Octavia sighed.

Octavia felt for the poor composer, as Vinyl felt for her. The D.J. knew how it felt trying to publish something new only for it never to be shown or heard. Just as Octavia was feeling about their own concert back home.

“But it wasn’t over yet,” Deems continued. “After Mussorgsky died, Nikolai Rimsky-Korsakov, another famous composer, who was also his best friend, published an arrangement of Mussorgsky’s work for his unfinished opera. The piece was finally played for the first time in front of an audience, becoming a success and a favorite.”

Rimsky-Korsakov was known for pieces of music such as ‘Flight of the Bumblebee’… Hmm, ‘Flight of the Bumblebee’… I’ll tell you about it later. Moving on!

The Equestrians were glad to hear that, especially the two music ponies. If that wasn’t a sign of true friendship, don’t ask what it is.

“How very honorable and generous,” Rarity nodded in approval.

“And so sweet to finish the work he couldn’t,” Twilight added.

“Took the words right out of my mouth, Twi,” Vinyl said.

“And now, that music…” Deems sighed. “That horrifying music created that land, just like the other sheet music created the other realms.”

“The last realm has a huge bald mountain towering over a sleeping village,” Leopold added.

Our heroes turned to each other, curious yet anxious, wondering where this story was going.

“I’m warning you, little ones,” Leopold continued. “That place is not what it used to be. You don’t want to die there, especially so young.”

The Equestrians shivered again, as the composer continued.

“Doom and death is all you’ll find there. Doom and death, so please… Don’t go.”

“I’m afraid Mr. Stokowski is not overreacting,” Deems spoke again. “It’s a place where nightmares are reality.”

“Oh, come on!” Rainbow spoke, causing every pony to face her. “We’ve faced scary stuff in our days.”

“Uh, Rainbow?” Octavia spoke up. “Didn’t you listen to what they said? Whatever’s going on in that realm must be serious.”

“Yeah, I listened. But come on, it can’t be as bad as they say.”

“Rainbow, must I tell you again about underestimating?” Twilight asked, seriously.

“I know, I know!”

The blue Pegasus knew what Twilight meant or at least ‘tried’ to. She hated being reminded of that fact again.

“Twilight has a good point right there,” Fluttershy spoke. “But can’t we at least try? I mean I know it might be tough… Or scary, but there must be a small chance.”

The Equestrians pondered on Fluttershy’s surprising bit of hope.

“I’m sure we could find something better than… Death,” Spike gulped.

“That village is under a spell,” Leopold points out. “A dark one at that.”

“In the past, it was like any normal village with little trouble,” Deems said. “But then came the Dark Age, when the world was haunted by fear and superstition.”

“Sounds like some old ghost story to scare foals and fillies,” Rainbow said.

“It’s not a ghost story!”

The serious tone in Deems voice caused the ponies to flinch back a bit. He then spoke further in his usual calm tone.

“In those days, many people believed evil spirits traveled the Earth in human form. Thousands of people, both guilty and innocent, were either hanged or burned at the stake for witchcraft and sorcery.”

“It’s true,” Jiminy spoke up. “Many people, mostly the innocent, died due to the ignorant and superstitious.”

“I don’t like this story,” Fluttershy spoke, frightened.

“Through the course of years, more darkness was born inside these people,” Deems explained. “And then, on Walpurgis Night, they gathered together on top of the mountain and did a very, very horrible act: They unleashed a monster from the depths of the Earth.”

“W-Walpurgis Night?” Twilight asked, shivering.

“The night of evil,” Leopold explained. “It shares many of the traditions as Halloween.”

“And Halloween is…?” Vinyl asked.

“I can explain,” Jiminy offered. “It’s another human holiday going back to ancient times. It is believed that the spirits of the dead walk that night. To celebrate, people dress as monsters, witches, and zombies and go in front of houses to gather candy.”

“Ooh! Like Nightmare Night!” Pinkie said, excitedly. “Wow! Our worlds have a lot in common when it comes to holidays.”

“But you won’t see dressed-up people or children collecting candy in there,” Deems warned. “In fact, after that first night, no human dared go outside. Many left that godforsaken place, never to return. Few live there, you can say it’s… Abandoned.”

The more Deems and Leopold explained, the more worried and anxious our heroes grew.

“Only one person managed to retrieve the two sheet music. Others who tried weren’t so lucky.”

The Equestrians cringed fearfully.

“And… Who was this person?” Twilight asked.

“The same one who came with the idea for this concert,” Deems answered. “The one I mentioned earlier when you first arrived.”

The purple pony pondered until it came to her.

Walt Disney…

Deems nodded silently.

“He managed to travel the realms and recover the sheet music, just as you did, including the last two. But he couldn’t have done it after facing… Him.”

“The monster?” Spike gulped.

“He, as so many others, saw evil in its purest form. A giant demon, born from nightmare and myth, older than the world itself. He is the black god, and they call him… Chernabog.”

When Deems spoke that name aloud, all the other musicians quivered with fear at the near-mention. Even the Equestrians didn’t like the name. They’ve heard small uncommon stories of demons before, but never one as this. They also knew how bad they are and one with a name like Chernabog is certainly not good.

“He’s merciless,” Deems continued. “A monster with dominion over a vast army of nightmarish creatures you wouldn’t like to meet in your worst nightmares. He even has terrifying powers, mostly fire and darkness. He can corrupt lost souls, forcing them to do his bidding, even kill and revive them if he wants to. He is said to be the closest to Satan, the devil from which is believed where all evil comes from. Trust me: You’ll never win against him.”

“End of story, right?” Spike asked fearfully. “Cause this whole thing got dark, even for me.”

“Such tales are not suitable for foals,” Rarity said.

“Ah don’t think they're suitable for anypony,” Applejack agreed.

“But there must be some way to beat him,” Twilight hoped. “Every creature has a weakness like with everything else.”

“It is said he doesn’t like the light, especially sunlight,” Deems said. “He doesn’t like church bells either. Walt was lucky enough to escape before he could get him. Chernabog’s deepest desire is to bring everything in existence in eternal darkness. No man or woman has ever dared to stand against him… And lived.”

“There are some who wish to serve and worship him like the ones who brought him into the world,” Leopold added.

“What about the second sheet music?” Octavia asked.

“That would be ‘Ave Maria’ by Franz Schubert,” Deems replied. “His most famous work in the entire world. It was used in a poem about a girl who, together with her father, flees from a vengeful king. They hid in a cave, praying to the Virgin Mary, a Jewish woman who gave birth to a boy from which was said to be the son of God. If you believe in that sort of thing, of course.”

The Equestrians turned to each other, clearly confused.

“I suppose you never attended Sunday School?” Deems asked.

“I don’t think so,” Pinkie said. “I’m not sure if we have something like that.”

“Well anyway, for our concert, Schubert’s Ave Maria symbolizes the light to drive the darkness away,” Deems continued.

“It is beautiful music,” Jiminy replied. “I can see why it would fit along with Mussorgsky’s piece.”

“But I can’t risk allowing you to enter the realm, it’s too dangerous,” Deems insisted. “Neither of us want to be responsible for your deaths.”

“But Deems…” Twilight said.

“It’s okay,” Leopold assured. “We’ll be fine.”

“Girls, I think it would be best we listen to them,” Jiminy agreed.

“I must agree,” Rarity said. “As much as I want to help, I’m too pretty to be killed by a demon.”

“What’s the plan, Twi?” Applejack asked.

Twilight thought hard about this. It was indeed best to take their advice, to not enter the realm. But it felt unfair they didn’t have the last two sheet music to complete the concert. They promised they would collect all of them but doing that could send them to their doom and she didn’t want to lose her friends. True, they faced a bloodthirsty T-Rex and a mischievous God. They were lucky to survive them both, but if they face Chernabog, chances are they wouldn’t live to tell the tale. This was a tough decision indeed until she said the next thing.

“I cannot break a promise we made. I’ll go to the realm myself; no one has to come.”

“What?!” Everypony gasped.

“Twilight…” Deems spoke, worried.

“I’m not afraid,” Twilight insisted.

“An unwise thought,” Leopold shook his head.

“The book brought my friends and I here for a reason,” Twilight continued. “If Walt managed to collect the sheet music before, at least there’s a small chance. I’m sorry, but I’m not leaving those sheets alone without a fight. And if I lose, I want you to watch after the baby dinosaurs and Equestria.”

Her friends, along with everyone in the room, were in complete shock. That this unicorn/alicorn was willing to sacrifice herself so willingly. They stare at her as she walked past them, slowly toward the songbook.

The Equestrians turn to each other, giving a determined nod and followed Twilight until they were beside her.

“Girls?” Twilight asked surprised. “Guys, what are you doing?”

“You didn’t think we’d let you do this by yourself, did you?” Rainbow asked. “If you’re doing something, we want in.”

“No, I said…” Twilight started.

“Sorry, Twilight,” Applejack interrupted, placing a hoof on Rainbow’s shoulder. “We ain’t lettin’ you lose to some demon no matter how tough he is.”

“I’m scared to go,” Fluttershy said, trying to be brave. “But I’m scared to lose you more.”

“I’m going too,” Octavia said, determined. “Even if it’s dangerous and unfit for a mare like me.”

“Count me in!” Vinyl smiled towards Octavia, who smiled in return.

“I’m ready!” Rarity said.

“Pinkamena Diane Pie reporting for duty!” The pink mare salutes.

“You’ll need a conscience to get you through this too,” Jiminy jumped onto her back.

“You know we’d never leave you behind,” Spike said.

“Guys…” Twilight whispered.

The princess smiled before every single one of them, then turned to Deems with a determined look.

“There’s no stopping either of you, is there?” He asked.

“Trust us, Deems,” Spike replied. “We can be very stubborn if it’s for a good cause.”

The Master of Ceremonies deeply sighed before answering.

“Very well then. You know the drill?”

“Yes,” Twilight said.

She, along with the others, stare at the songbook. Before Twilight could use her magic, Deems interrupts her once more.

“Twilight,” He said, causing The Equestrians to face him. “You have to realize what you and your friends are doing is risky, hazardous and suicidal. Stay away from the mountain; if you face him, you’ll never come back.”

Twilight gave an understanding nod. She and her friends face each other nervously, before she breathed in and out.

“Alright, everypony,” She said. “Let’s do this!”

Twilight fired a beam of magic toward the songbook, opening a portal for the last time.

As the process goes along, Leopold silently spoke with Deems.

“I can’t believe they’re willing to do this, even after the warnings we gave them. Are you truly assuming they’re going to die? Is there nothing we can do to help them after everything they’ve done? There must be something, Deems… Anything.”

Deems thought hard before speaking again.

“If they must succeed, they’ll need all the help they can get,” Deems declared. “Follow me.”

Once again, the Equestrians were surrounded by musical notes. Only this time, everything got dark as a giant mist covered everything.

Dramamaster829
Group Admin

You'll think of something. Knowing that specter creep, something negative is bound to pop in his head in a matter of seconds.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 36