The Share Center 603 members · 3,611 stories
Comments ( 6 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 6
Blackblade360
Group Contributor

I was just scrolling through Twitter yesterday, and then found a tweet about how there are some toxic fans attacking an artist for doing the Mane 6 in human forms.
Don't worry, I can confirmed that the artist is doing alright now, they did not know they just became famous, and some positive fans do like their art

Anyways, I was looking at the comments and spotted some not only some positive comments, tho there are two positive critics referring to the artist's design as a Muslim. What both of the positive critics states that its a stereotype for a person that have a hijab being calm or shy, which is weird cause there are some people that do felt represented by a Muslim Fluttershy, that they felt represented that their own culture is use well.
Then there are a few others I spotted saying that it's a bad stereotype...

Now leading up to the main question, do you think Muslim Fluttershy is a bad stereotype, or no, especially during times like these where politics are all over the place?

P.S: This is the said artist artwork in question: https://twitter.com/uunicornicc/status/1786520198192783673

Bad Dragon
Group Contributor

7966614 Some stereotypes are true.

As far as my experiences go, Muslim women aren't as LEWD as Western women. Nothing wrong with stereotypes if they're true.

Humanity
Group Contributor
Humanity #3 · 3 weeks ago · · 1 ·

To be fair, Fluttershy is the kind of woman traditional Muslim men would want. Meek and subservient.

DangerDean
Group Contributor

IMO, I think it’s an interesting alternative universe concept and I actually like the idea of it and but it’s not something I would include in my stories to be honest

TalB
Group Contributor
TalB #5 · 2 weeks ago · · ·

Something tells me that if an actual Muslim saw that, there is a good chance that they won't like it and call it offensive even though they make stereotypical images of other groups all the time.

Blackblade360
Group Contributor

I already got the answer for this, and shared it in another form as well:
I already asked a Muslim MLP fan without knowing they're Muslim (Even though they fell out off the religion for a while) in the first place XD
They appreciated the representation of Fluttershy being Muslim
In their own words and I quote them:
"I absolutely think Muslim Fluttershy is 100% an okay thing and I would fr believe that Fluttershy would grow up as a muslim. Fluttershy exhibits mannerisms that plenty of Islamic people can relate to and see in her
and the people saying that it's a supposed "bad stereotype" for her to be muslim is just plain Islamophobia.
and kinda annoys the $hit outta me as somebody who's grown up as a Muslim for a very long time, even if I've fallen outta that religious life for a while"

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 6