My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 860 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Firefoxino
Group Contributor
TThe Rain
A stallion sits at his writing desk, watching the rain, and reliving memories.
-Pinkamena_Pie- · 1k words  ·  17  0 · 619 views

The rain is the sorrowful story of one pony, we don't know his name and it doesn't matter. We know of him that he lost much, his inspiration to write and even more his wife. 

This brought him to the edge of destruction almost killing himself in his sorrow, it was the presence of his daughter that pulled him away from the abyss. 

This story doesn't need any name because it isn't about a character in particular, it is about a situation that many found themselves in. It's not just a tale of one rather a collection of tales that simply are told as one for one audience. 

The story is heavily filled with significance, the rain being the most important one, both a reminder of something he loved and the horrifying memory of the fact he lost her due to said rain. The duality of these conflicting emotions is what thrust the protagonist into a turmoil big enough to muck his own thoughts. 

For him, his rainbow and with that the sun is gone, there is no hope for him and he knows it, he would have already killed himself but he doesn't want his daughter to live through what he lived thus he resists the temptation of the sweet release of death. 

The reader will certainly love this story if they love to think deeply enough about what it means for them. So I absolutely suggest giving this a good read. 

Scores! 

Core idea: 8/10 while not the most unused idea it is spun in a different light than others rather than sending a 100% good ending message it really shows what a situation like that does to a person. 

Pacing: 10/10 while it is short it manages to pull you through with it in its shortness. I think it really compliments the whole narrative of it. Short, compelling and tragic. 

Grammar: 10/10 the phrases are at masterwork levels with a multitude of facets that hammer home what the fic is all about, marvelous. 

Final score: 9.3/10 a rarely seen masterwork that really needs some more love from the community, for the Author you have a lot of potential and you should nurture it to make it blossom into more masterpieces like this one. 

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2