My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 859 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
Firefoxino
Group Contributor
TOver The Horizon
Cherry Berry's final flight.
flutterJackdash · 1.8k words  ·  39  1 · 612 views

Over the horizon narrates the story of Cherry Berry, she is a mare of the sky. When the Rainboom arrived over the farm of cherries where she worked she discovered that flying in the sky is what she wanted the most, and she could never turn down that siren's call.

This brings us to the present, we see her remembering her life and how it was lived happily between one danger and the other, she was happy for a famous wedding and sad for a goodbye of someone really cherished.

All in all the story gives us a complete view of the life of Cherry Berry and of her thoughts over what happened during the show, and now she wishes to make a final flight. Cherry grows old and with time on her back she decided that her own goodbye should be in the sky she so adored.

The story conveys a lot in under 2k which is something worth of pride for the author, the story itself is tagged E but in my humble opinion it should be T because of what happens to the protagonist, but I may be wrong. Other than that there isn’t much to tell, the story is very good and what lacks in length makes up for deep thoughts and reminiscences of how a normal pony would look at the world when their call comes. The story shifts from the longing of the past to the cold present, it gives the reader a climax that will end up in only one way and all that reads it will most likely dread said ending.

My personal thoughts are that this story truly deserves some more love and views and I hope this will help with that. 

Scores

Core Idea: 8/10 While an intriguing argument, the sad departure of one is something that is fairly recurring in the writing field, that doesn’t mean it gives it less value though.

Pacing: 10/10 it gives the perfect blend of past and present without making the two blend too much and getting confusing. Wonderful job.

Grammar: 10/10 like the pacing the grammar softly carry the reader forward to enjoy a spiritual ,albeit short, journey.

Final score: 9.3/10 A wonderful fic, deserving far more love than what it has to this day, and while it may not be the cup of tea of many who wishes to read more in order to feel as sad as possible this one truly hits the spot for the casual reader who would wish to enter the genre without sinking into a longer fic. For the Author, continue like this, you did a wonderful job you have my compliments and a spot in my recommendation. 

Wow. Thank you so much! This really just made my day, and I needed that. Thank you!

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2