My Little Reviews & Feedback 504 members · 855 stories
Comments ( 7 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 7
Azure Drache
Group Admin
  • It must be fair and objective.
  • Should not spoil the whole story for no reason or ruin the reading experience, except the reviewer states so in his description.
  • Also the reviewer has to read the story completly and not just skim it when it is under 3k words.
  • It shall contain constructive criticism. A break down of what works and what doesn't to show the author how to improve.
  • A summary of the story.
  • A rating of some kind that is relevant for the story
  • Give feedback what is good and what needs fixing or more work
  • Don’t insult the author, for they put work into this!

My review of How a review should look by Azure Drache

This story contained a few grammatical errors, but nothing that really got in the way of my understanding. Some examples.

It must be fair, and objective.

The comma shouldn't be there.

Don’t insult the author, they put work into this!

This run on sentence needs either a conjunction or to be split into two separate sentences.

The story relied on the chapter title for context, but a lot of people skim over chapter titles. I always recommend that necessary details are included in the body of the story rather than just titles. Ancillary or supporting details can be included in just titles.

Summary: this slice of life adventure follows the story of numerous reviewers, showing a typical day on the job.

I would rate this story as a not-really-my-cup-of-tea out of a possible sign-me-up-yesterday.

Keep at it, author. A little revision will clear up the minor, mechanical flaws, and the story you tell has a great foundation.

Azure Drache
Group Admin

Thank you for the review! I am so glad to have my work reviewed :yay: And that in only 2 hours, that was fast!:pinkiecrazy:

A couple years later but these are some very simple guidelines to follow.

It should probably be stated in the body about the guidelines, but it is understandable.

"Also the reviewer has to read the story completly and not just skim it when it is under 3k words."

The author seems to have mispelled the word "completely".

Solid 9 out of 10 rating for this set of guidelines.

Azure Drache
Group Admin

Thanks for the rating :twilightsmile:
Sadly the group can not keep up to the old standarts any more due a lack of reviewers, but back in the days they where good guidlines indeed

If there aren't enough reviewers to maintain quality standards , maybe it might be worth shutting down the group than give false hopes of getting a review of what you did wrong.

Well, I mean there's still SOME of us kicking around, and it'd greatly help if some of the members around here would give reviewing a shot.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 7