My Little Reviews & Feedback 506 members · 862 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
EForgotten Relationships
In the aftermath of the Memory Stone's destruction, Wallflower reveals to Sunset that she erased more than just the Rainboom's memories of Sunset. She erased Sunset's memories of Wallflower, too.
TCC56 · 1.3k words  ·  102  1 · 3k views

Summary of Story here:The Memory Stone has been destroyed just in time and everyone's memories restored. At least those stolen within the last three days.

In the aftermath, Wallflower confesses to Sunset that some of what wasn't recovered was Sunset's previous memories of Wallflower - and the relationship they had together.

Initial thoughts: Wallflower was a very unique kind of villain, not quite like the others we had seen from EQG, and her reformation if a bit rushed did make sense. And the connection between Wallflower and Sunset could very well had simply been forgotten. How often in life do we feel forgotten? Often, I relate to Wallflower, and I understand her struggles in this, and hope that Sunset is able to help her overcome it. 8/10

What I liked: The emotions. I could feel Wallflower's pain, sadness, and regret. She truly is sorry for everything that happened, and truly believes it's all her fault she should have just "vanished." I also liked how Sunset is the one who reminds her that everyone is special, and has something to give. As a former villain herself, she is able to reach out to Wallflower and lift up her spirits. And maybe a bit more.

What I didn't like: Hmm... I wish it was longer? For a one shot it works just fine, but this feels a bit like an "outline" for a bigger story. I'm not sure if this was the intent or not, but for what it is, I enjoyed it.

Grammar: There are a few things, very small like periods where there should be commas. 8/10

Characterzation: Wallflower and Sunset both are very believable and I easily see this as something that "could have" happened in the EQG series. I also like any ship that isn't SunLight. I mean sure it has potential, but it's kind of meh to me. Just a personal opinion, and Wallflower needs all of the headpats! 9/10

Story/Concept: A bit short, and maybe a bit rushed, but it works. I can't fuss much here. 8/10

Overall thoughts: This is a simple one shot about two girls remembering each other, and helping each other out, mainly Sunset is helping Wallflower to remember that she is important, and that she does matter, and that she doesn't need to focus on the past, that they can have a brighter future together. 8/10

Final score: 8+8+8+9+8=41/50
8 out of 10 or 80%

Reviewer's notes: To TCC56 keep up the good work! I really enjoyed this story, and I would love to see more of this, not sure if you planned on it or not, but it's pretty good! Keep being awesome.

Thank you very much for the review and the compliments!

I have been considering taking this fic a bit further and expanding it, but at the same time I'm reluctant to. It feels like it's at that delicate point where pushing the story farther might hurt as much as help. Still, I'll keep that in mind! This one has been a quiet favorite of mine.

(I will have to go back and double-check that grammar, though. I thought I got all of 'em.)

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2