My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2
TRarity's a Sociopath
Rarity has antisocial personality disorder. Normally, that's not a problem. Then Cadance gets involved.
leeroy_gIBZ · 5.3k words  ·  147  16 · 3k views

Summary: Rarity lives a good life. To the world, she's a beautiful fashionista, a paragon of grace and virtue, an exemplar of generosity and friendship. Furthermore, she has a girlfriend who loves her dearly - and buys her everything she wants. However, a lady can only keep up an act so long...

An argument spiraled out of control one day, and Sci-Twi came home with a bruise that day. Now Rarity's secret is in danger and Cadance is determined to uncover the truth about her and her charming facade. Seated in a trendy cafe, Rarity's carefully constructed life is about to come crashing down.

Initial thoughts: After rereading Cyonix's review to be sure I wouldn't be saying the same exact things. Leeroy's tale here is one of many characteristics, and charms. I don't claim to know much about Antisocial Personality Disorder, but the way it is shown here is impressive. Just in the writing, I can feel Rarity's inner emotional turmoil. And that's not easy to pull off. It takes a talented writer, which clearly Leeroy knows what he's doing. Impressive. I feel Rarity would approve. 9/10

Grammar: Solid. I couldn't find a gosh darn thing to complain about. Spelling is spot on. Grammar is wonderfully written to the point I was glued all the way through without being distracted by those awful typos or misuses of commas that some authors, even myself slip up on. 10/10

Characterization: Normally, I wouldn't know if I would've thought Rarity could be a sociopath, but this story convinces me she could be. Rarity herself is the focus here and it shows. The scene with Cadence is wonderful, if a bit short, and really wish it would've been given more time. I really can't complain if the story and the characters leave me WANTING. 9/10

Overall thoughts: Leeroy's writing style is wonderful. Even with stories I might not have clicked on myself such Crystal Apocalypse, have drawn me in on the writing style alone. And Leeroy gets the characters. This story is no exception. It's a good thing there is a sequel, because this story shouldn't end here. But because I have to judge it on what's here, and not what's coming up, I do have to fuss a bit that certain scenes, mainly the scene with Cadence need more screen time, to really sink our teeth into what is presented. 8.5/10

Final score: 9/10
To Leeroy: I hope my feedback is helpful, I'm not sure how soon I'll be able to get the sequel read, but I do hope it's every bit as good as this is, and keep being awesome.

Thank you for the review. I'll definitely pay attention to scene length in future.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2