My Little Reviews & Feedback 505 members · 861 stories
Comments ( 2 )
  • Viewing 1 - 50 of 2

[Adult story embed hidden]

Summary: Ember has a conundrum on her claws. A real solid conundrum. Her mind's gone adrift, as it often tends to do as she watches the drakes go be their usual macho selves in the Dragonlands. She's wanting a better drake, someone who doesn't compare penis sizes and brag about their exploits. Someone... well, someone well a bit more noble than that. Or at least less crass.

An opportunity presents itself by pure chance when Twilight sends for her requesting her presence at a friendship summit, and as pure good luck would have it she finds herself getting lost in the pony's massive castle and stumbling upon Spike, who's in a conundrum of his own. Namely, poor guy's a virgin. So, Ember lets her thoughts drift for a moment and an idea comes to mind to solve both of their problems...

Sensual Spember shipping. Huge thank you to Rescue Sunstreak for helping me work out how to spin this.

(Should note, Spike is 18 or older in this story. Sorry foalcon lovers. :trollestia:)
(AU for one minor thing, namely Spike getting his wings early.)

Initial thoughts: Okay, so Brick recommended this for me since I am a big fan of romance and fluff, and while you get a small bit of that at the very end, most of it was just sexual jokes until the real heavy stuff hits, and I honestly feel that hurts the piece quite a bit. You either go full in or not. You can't do half and half. It's certainly not a bad piece by any means, but comparing it to the other story I've reviewed, this one just didn't do it for me. 6/10

Creativity: A story about love. Quite common. Very common, but the way Brick goes about it here, is not what you'd expect. It's got it's moments to shine, but honestly part of what hurts it here is it's not that long. It gets right to where it wants to be, and then it just stops and teases the audience with a very very short clop scene. So yeah, can't see anything really "out of the box here" 5/10

Grammar: As always, this is the one section where most people do well, and this is no different. I didn't find a single error in the whole piece, even if all the talk of certain things had me cringing at times. 9/10

Characterization: This is where Brick shines. He truly knows his characters. He knows how to write both Spike and Ember, and Ember is clearly the focus here, but we get enough Spike to know he can do well with this pairing. Makes you want more. Which is never a bad thing. 7/10

Overall thoughts: I admit, i went into this hoping to like it, but in all honestly, I'm "meh" there are parts of it I do like, mostly once you get past a good chunk of the beginning. Which may have no even been necessary with what Brick was trying to convey, but you have to set up your story somehow. I'm honestly not sure how I would've went about it, but as is, I recommend you give it a glance , it's not that long, and who knows maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

Final score: 6/10
Keep up the good work!
Have any issues? Please let me know. And as always, I'm here to help.

The Bricklayer
Group Contributor

Initial thoughts: Okay, so Brick recommended this for me since I am a big fan of romance and fluff, and while you get a small bit of that at the very end, most of it was just sexual jokes until the real heavy stuff hits, and I honestly feel that hurts the piece quite a bit. You either go full in or not. You can't do half and half. It's certainly not a bad piece by any means, but comparing it to the other story I've reviewed, this one just didn't do it for me. 6/10

That's the problem I was facing while writing this story actually, as just going all-in would have made it a full clop story. No different than the rest of the shoddy trash you can pick up at any group really. I wanted to do romance, not just sex.

Creativity: A story about love. Quite common. Very common, but the way Brick goes about it here, is not what you'd expect. It's got it's moments to shine, but honestly part of what hurts it here is it's not that long. It gets right to where it wants to be, and then it just stops and teases the audience with a very very short clop scene. So yeah, can't see anything really "out of the box here" 5/10

...Here's the thing really, I asked Rescue ahead of time about all of this, and he pointed out to me if I wanted to play this realistically Spike wouldn't... last long shall we say at his age. So I just went with that.

Characterization: This is where Brick shines. He truly knows his characters. He knows how to write both Spike and Ember, and Ember is clearly the focus here, but we get enough Spike to know he can do well with this pairing. Makes you want more. Which is never a bad thing. 7/10

Here's the funny thing, I think this was the first story with Spike I ever wrote at all, or at least certainly the one with him in a large role. Ember, this was only the second story I ever wrote with her. I was constantly afraid I was doing something wrong throughout the entire story, and I admit that might have held me back just a bit.

Overall thoughts: I admit, i went into this hoping to like it, but in all honestly, I'm "meh" there are parts of it I do like, mostly once you get past a good chunk of the beginning. Which may have no even been necessary with what Brick was trying to convey, but you have to set up your story somehow. I'm honestly not sure how I would've went about it, but as is, I recommend you give it a glance , it's not that long, and who knows maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

Again, this was because I wanted to do something different from the norm, so that meant there was a bit of a long lead up here, just so I could give everyone proper characterization. Not just dive into the sex really, which I admit I should have given a little bit more of at any rate. Toss realism to the wind just this once. I apologize if you didn't like this story that much. Like, I genuinially do.

• Viewing 1 - 50 of 2